main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Poll: Your top 3 Force power moment in the ST

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Ender_and_Bean, Jan 18, 2018.

?

Choose your top 3 Force power moments in the ST

1. A) Kylo Ren’s blaster bolt stasis

2. B) Rey’s mind probe reversal

3. C) Rey’s first Force object pull (the saber) in the snow

4. D) Snoke’s mind bridge moments

5. E) Kylo Ren deceiving his mind being read & sneak killing Snoke

6. F) Leia Force pull in space

7. G) Luke transcending space time and deceiving everyone via Astral projection

8. H) Luke becoming one with the Force

9. I) Rey saving her allies by Force lifting stones

10. J) Other (Please specify)

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    But that goes back to my point about him having more experience than Rey; especially in terms of needing to use the Force.

2. Ender_and_Bean

Ender_and_Bean Chosen One star 6

May 19, 2002
    Yes. Just as the Prateorian Guards and Chirrut can become incredible hand-to-hand combat experts despite not being Force users. Even the Magnaguard can be programmed to become amazing hand-to-hand combat experts despite not being Force users.

I see it more like when you're Force sensitive you have the potential to become special at areas that interest you and when I say special I mean like becoming one of the best humans in the galaxy at a certain task. So, let's pretend Chirrut for example is the equivalent of the greatest MMA mixed martial artists in the world right now. Take whomever the best pound for pount hand-to-hand combat expert in MMA is right now in the entire world and imagine that guy. He's worked his whole life to get to that level and he's the best. A Force user can catch up to and surpass that with less work in the same area because of their Force sensitivity. Look how quickly Luke takes to that X-wing. It's not like he'd been practicing in one on Tatooine. But he's right up there with someone like Poe because it interests him and it guides his instincts. So, more quickly... someone like him will catch up to and become one of the best pilots in the galaxy simply because of that.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2018
    Ricardo Funes likes this.
  3. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    Well kind of like how Anakin was a pod-racer, wasn't Luke flying around with Biggs on Tattooine well before he jumped into an X-Wing?

4. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I do not doubt that Kylo is stronger in the force then Rey.

5. Alliyah Skywalker

Alliyah Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Dec 18, 2017
    Freezing the blaster bolt was for me personally the most visually impressive display of force power in the ST.

Snoke bridging two minds over time and space appears more obviously powerful though.

6. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    The three are and in no order:
    1- Leia flying in space. This use of the force is awesome and couldn't have happened to a better character. It's been done before two times with the first in the old canon novel Darth Bane (second one) and the new canon Lords of the Sith when Vader flies in space to Pox's ship. (This one is a real interpretation as to what Leia did, so its an inherent power that a Skywalker can do.)
    2- Luke with his force projection fighting Kylo. It was .....powerful.
    3-Yoda with the ability to bring lightning down on the force tree. Yoda is indeed powerful.

7. Ghost Ryder

Ghost Ryder Jedi Master star 4

Jan 16, 2016
    Going chronologically, the first for me is Kylo stopping the blaster bolt. It's a cool moment, but I think Poe is also held in place (until the troopers reach him). Conceptually, it's the same as when Kylo later immobilizes Rey on Takodana, and I love how intuitive it is.

Second is in the 'Other' category: Luke's first lesson to Rey. It's such a beautiful illustration of what the Force is all about; I was grinning through the whole thing in my first viewing.

And there's Luke's projection, making a difference in a thrilling, emotional, and nonviolent way.

Honorable mention to a different Force-pull, that is Rey pulling Kylo's saber in the throne room. Her wielding that saber (albeit briefly) is a striking image that I think speaks to her resourcefulness and aggressive tendencies, as well as her dynamic with Kylo.

8. Ender_and_Bean

May 19, 2002
    Yeah, I think Luke's first lesson to Rey, along with the Terrence Mallick-like visuals that accompany it, might be the best introduction of the Force to new fans that there's been yet. Even better than what Yoda or Obi-Wan says. Even better than Qui-Gonn. To me, it's the best moment of a teacher explaining it in a very easy to understand way and I really feel like the visuals and Daisy Ridley's performance and peaceful look really sell the moment effectively.

Somewhat related but I really like how TLJ played up the "The Dark Side presents you with an amoral, short cut solution to problems." It's not anything we haven't seen in Star Wars before but the wording I think helps any new fans get the concept even better than the past.

9. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    1) Rey-Kylo mind bridge
    2) Luke's projection
    3) Kylo killing Snoke

I dunno, I guess I liked these because they felt like scenes out of the old EU novels and I was surprised to see it on-screen. I think ended up liking TLJ a whole lot more for this, compared to TFA and RO.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2018
  10. Akane

Akane Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 20, 2018
    1. Luke transcending space time and deceiving everyone via Astral projection: Simply the greatest demonstration of power in the entire saga.
    Rey’s first Force object pull (the saber) in the snow and Rey’s mind probe reversal. Because they were the first steps of Rey in the force.

11. obi-arin-kenobi

obi-arin-kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 10, 2005
    I laughed at Snoke orbiting the lightsabre into Reys head. That's the humor that fits, imo. Little things like that do not feel forced and give a bit of character to Snoke.

12. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Big Bad Yoda Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Mar 8, 2000
    My "other" was when Luke yells "STOP!" and blows the roof off Rey's hut. That was awesome.

themoth and Ricardo Funes like this.
  13. Ghost Ryder

Ghost Ryder Jedi Master star 4

Jan 16, 2016
    I'd say it's the best since ESB, and I like the point that it's easy to understand, very hands-on.

14. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    1. Luke transcending space time and deceiving everyone via Astral projection
    2. Luke becoming one with the Force
    3. Leia Force pull in space

15. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    True. That’s overlooked. He smashed that room open with ease. Very powerful.

16. Ender_and_Bean

May 19, 2002
    He also was in control enough to ensure the stones all separated far enough to not hurt Rey there.

17. Ricardo Funes

Ricardo Funes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    I love that Star Wars shows restraint when creating new Force powers, especially compared to the absurd over-the-top stuff going on with Avengers.

Cave of Erised likes this.
  18. afrojedi

afrojedi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 23, 2015
    Finn sensing the destruction of the Hosinan system.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2018