main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hou, TX polling houston

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by DECO_DROID, Apr 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DECO_DROID

DECO_DROID Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 13, 2002
    we all think star wars is great, but what other movies are you a fan of, or are looking forward to?

for me, it would be...
    1) lotr series - never read the books, but love the first of the movies. first rate actors, story and effects!
    2) spiderman (assuming it's as good as the trailers depict it.) the only thing i don't like is how they changed his origin from the comics - like there's something wrong with radioactive spiders?
    3) final fantasy - set a new benchmark for lifelike cg. the ending was a little strange, but overall, very good. if you never saw it, why?
    4) matrix 2/3 (i liked the original, but the fx look dated already) hopfully, the story will continue to hold through two more "episodes".

hopefully, i will not be banned from the site for uttering these opinions...

2. Lee337

Lee337 Jedi Youngling

Aug 16, 2001
    I am right there with the LOTR assesment. never read the books, but thought the first movie was outstanding.

Other items that rock.
    1)Resident Evil the movie. I don't care what anyone says, this movie was a great popcorn flick. Loud music and great atmosphere on the big screen makes a winner for me.

2)Tombstone DVD Vista Series. Bar none the greates 'modern' western. Nifty package includes a map of the OK coral gunfight. Extra disc even has a scan of the original newspaper headlines from the fight. I'll be your Huckleberry.

3)Talion Revenant. Awsome book by Michael Stackpole (author of most of the Xwing Novels).

4)Jurassic Park novels and movies. I love the books and the movies were great visual aids for them.

5)All castlevania games.

Things that are not cool right now.

1)Friends that buy you too many shots at Dave and Buster's. very, very, very not cool.

3. goldbubbly

goldbubbly Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 5, 2002
    I confess! I have yet to see lotr! :_| [face_blush]

I don't really get out much to the movies though.

4. bebo_lokk

bebo_lokk Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 16, 2001
    I'm with ya Lee, I loved Tombstone. Next to SW, westerns are definately it for me.

5. Lee337

Lee337 Jedi Youngling

Aug 16, 2001
    Bebo,
    Westerns are great. I have never seen a bad western that has had either Clint Eastwood or John Wayne. The Lonsome Dove marathons on the 'Western Channel' are also good time wasters. Hell, even both Young Gun movies are great in my book.

6. Master-Omaj-Kadub

Master-Omaj-Kadub Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 22, 2000
    I've always loved sci-fi's....
    Star Wars for sure

1) action movies

2) drama's

3) true stories

I'm sure I'll come up with some more later.

7. PolloDiablo

PolloDiablo Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 24, 2002
    In no particular order.

Clockwork Orange
    Blade Runner
    Fight Club
    Lord of The Rings
    Requiem for a Dream
    Gladiator
    SLC Punk
    Pulp Fiction
    The Usual Suspects
    Reservoir Dogs
    Leon: The Professional

My favorite movie that I've seen recently would have to probably be Panic Room, I loved the camera work and suspense in that movie, though the story was a little shallow.

8. mikel_antilles

mikel_antilles Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 25, 2002
    Hmmmm.....Other than Star Wars...

Clerks
    Mallrats (Yes, I know, I am one of few that liked it)
    Chasing Amy
    Dogma
    Jay and Silent Bob Strike back
    Matrix
    Shakespeare in Love
    Almost any Disney Flick

9. Darth-Stryphe

Darth-Stryphe Former Mod and City Rep star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 24, 2001
    I confess! I have yet to see lotr!

[face_shocked] You have no idea what an awesome movie you are missing. LOTR is Star Wars cool!

For me: LOTR, Hidden Fortress, Dune (both), Blade Runner, Dr. Zhivago, Alfred Hitchcock movies, Indianna Jones, Alien/Aliens, and the first seven Bonds.

10. WJGlory

WJGlory Jedi Youngling

Apr 28, 2002
    Definitely Lord of the Rings. Also Mummy, Mummy Returns, Princess Bride, Fargo, Sixth Sense.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.