main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Phx Ponderings of an early morning riser

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Mara_Jade_AZ, Aug 30, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mara_Jade_AZ

Mara_Jade_AZ Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 8, 2002
    So I'm watching TV with my breakfast and a commercial for Birds of Prey comes on. Does anyone else find it disturbing that a bat and a cat had birds for kids? :D

MJA

2. Sistine

Sistine Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 28, 2002
    I am upset because they have changed the story line AGAIN! 'Birds of Prey' was an awesome comic written by the comic god Chuck Dixon and now they want to change the story to suit TV. Just like they did with Witchblade.

In addition if Dick Grayson is going to make an appearance...he better be a good choice of actor, else they are going to have a troupe of women beating down their door.

However on the up side I am glad to see that comics are gaining enough popularity again that TV shows and movies are options and not 'oh, how dorky'

As an early morning riser myself I think about strange things too as I am driving to work. Yesterday was...how can I build a cat exerciser that they will actually use... :confused:

3. Kirana_T

Kirana_T Jedi Padawan star 4

May 28, 2002
    Cat exerciser that they will use:

Make it out of toilet paper. :D

(My cat has recently aquired the habit of attacking the roll. :mad: I don't know how to make her stop! Where do they get the ideas to do this stuff?)

4. VoidDancer

VoidDancer Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 13, 2002
    It's only Dick Grayson Sistine, it's not like he's a major character. So they can get anybody to play him...doesn't matter.

5. Kirana_T

Kirana_T Jedi Padawan star 4

May 28, 2002
    Maybe Sistine has a sidekick fetish, Void. It could be very important to her who plays him on TV. ;)

6. VoidDancer

Feb 13, 2002
    You don't the DEPTHS of her Grayson/Nightwing fetish...if I said that in front of her, shw would have decked me :D

7. Sistine

Apr 28, 2002
    I know where you sleep Void

Wha haha ha ha ha ha

My Grayson obsession runs very deep, you can quiz me on him...he! You are talking to a woman who about attacked Devin Grayson at Con a few years ago. She thinks because her last name is Grayson she can totally re-write his history.

To give you an idea: Some dingbat named (insert female first name here, don't want to offend any one who might have the name I choose) Solo sees Star Wars for the first time beginning with EPI. She gets a job with Lucas, by questionable means (Use your own imagination, I will keep it PG) She then decides that she is going to write Star Wars books. Since she has the last name Solo, he becomes her favorite character. However she doesn't like his background, so she changes it. Now his from Naboo and a member of the Royal guard, somehow he gets captured by the Empire and tortured. He then escapes and takes Chewbacca with him, thus creating a life debt with Chewbacca. Get my point.

Okay, I am done now... pant pant pant...

8. Mara_Jade_AZ

Mara_Jade_AZ Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 8, 2002
    Hey I kind of like the idea of Han being a Royal Guard. :) Then it explains his mysterious appearances with Leia at Comic Con :)

Anyway, I'm out the door for now. See you all in a few hours!

MJA

9. MexChewie

MexChewie Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 19, 2002
    Can someone be kind to educate me as to the things changed on the TNN show Witchblade. I watched part of the Marathon last Sunday and I thought it was ok, not great but ok. ?[face_plain]

10. Sistine

Apr 28, 2002
    They changed the storyline from the comic book. In the original book written by Mike Turner her partner was killed when she received the Witchblade and he remained dead.

Ian Nottingham, is tall dark and looks almost Asian... [image=http://www.chaoticworks.com/ian/pert.jpg]

Not like a reject from a grunge band. [image=http://www.eric-etebari.com/ericgauntlet/gaunteteric5.jpg]

And I am sorry, Yancy Butler is NOT Sara...that would be like having Sandra Bernhardt play Padme...

I'll get off my soap box now...besides I need to return to the Battle Thread...

11. VoidDancer

Feb 13, 2002
    Chewie,

I'll loan you a couple of trade paperbacks of comics. The REAL witchblade is a much more evil weapon too.

12. MexChewie

MexChewie Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 19, 2002
    :cool:,

Thanks Void.

13. army_no_arms

army_no_arms Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 5, 2002
    Sistine, since you like/worship Chuck Dixon have you ever read his old Savage Sword of Conan Magazines?

14. Sistine

Apr 28, 2002
    Long time ago, I read a few of them. My problem was I didn't ever look at the writers names, I always followed artist...(Kneel before the greatness of Perez and Grell) One day I just happened to look at the covers of my books and noticed all my favs were by the same guy...Dixon!

I had a brief lunch chat with him at Con.

WAY :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.