main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Pong Krell

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by GeneralHoth, Dec 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GeneralHoth

GeneralHoth Jedi Knight

Oct 23, 2006
    How powerful was this guy? He seemed to cut down scores of clone troopers like they were nothing. I guess Besalisks must have immense strength as well the way he was physically tossing and swatting them around as well.

2. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    It's hard to judge since he never fought another Jedi.

3. SpecialOpsUnit

SpecialOpsUnit Jedi Master star 4

Sep 1, 2007
    Not only that, he was going for the kill against the clones and I'm sure at first he completely surprised Rex and the others that he was going on the offensive.

He was a master though but I'm sure most of our favorite or known Jedi would be able to take him down. He seemed to irrational.

4. Darth_Gamek

Darth_Gamek Jedi Master star 6

Aug 10, 2009
    Considering he uses two double-bladed lightsabers...

5. fistofan1

fistofan1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2009
    The number of sabers a warrior has doesn't necessarily reflect his power. Just look at Grievous. :p

6. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Well if you had four gorilla arms would you wield one lightsaber or two enormous light staffs?

@SOU, I don't think the clones were entirely surprised Krell went after him. Rex is too smart not to of had that thought in his noggin somewhere. Fact is there was no way his legion and that group of the 212th combined were going to overpower Krell. It all came down to brain power granted it was Tup of all clones who finally outsmarted Krell.

7. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    I am surprised at the lack of follow up on the Krell incident, it could have been used as an incident to shake the senate/clones' faith in the Jedi. I hope it gets some kind of future reference.

Given how unstoppable Krell was in full on combat, it's no wonder how the clones either opt to, or accept orders to, kill the Jedi without attempting arrest during Order 66, since a Jedi alerted to their intentions and "resisting arrest" proved fatal for a lot of clones.

8. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    Krell obviously has physical stature and prowess that brings strength and power, but that's just because he's Besalisk. I would think Besalisk have greater potential than most SW species because of their great size, but look at the Besalisk in Ep. II, he's short, old, and flabby. There are muscular and weak Besalisks just like there are muscular and weak humans.

9. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    As jedi he was probably very powerful but he was arrogant. He had both physical strength and the force on a level of a jedi master- after all he sensed what was going on in the Republic better than most jedi- he knew that republic is being destroyed from the inside- I dunno if all jedi knew that but looks like only high council suspects it (after Obi-Wan told about Sidious and Dooku)- Krell doesn't know the name "Sidious" -so he seems to be powerful enough to sense things that others don't, and he sees the situation in Republic more clearly while council has not told about what they suspect-

Krell figured it out himself and foresaw it through the Force... didn't he even say so? I need to rewatch the ep:D

10. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    Now that I've finally seen this, what was the point of making him a Besalisk? Were they thinking "he has four arms, so he should use two double-bladed lightsabers"? 2 + 2 = 4? He doesn't even need the two other arms to do that!

11. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    I actually thought he had 4 double-bladed lightsabers at one point before some kind LACWACer corrected me. [face_laugh]

I remember when all we had was the S4 trailer and many-a-LACWACer said it makes no sense for a Jedi to have that much weaponry and of course it will inevitably not be well done. I think now it's safe to say those folks were dead wrong. As I'd fervently hoped, we got a reason for all the weaponry, and a damn good one. I'm also really glad they down-played the double-double thing to such an extreme for the first three episodes. It made the carnage so much better.

12. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    ^Krell barely used his two bottom arms. Most of the time they were clasped behind his back. When he puts the sabers up and goes on his saberless rampage, where he grabs and tosses Tup. Krell uses his upper two arms entirely.

I am also dissapointed by the lack of follow up although that is to be expected with TCW. Maybe in time we'll see something call back to this arc.

13. Humble_Jedi

Humble_Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    Damn this rotten, god-forsaken formula. [face_frustrated]

14. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    I'm kind of glad Krell didn't use his lightsaber to the extent that people originally thought he was going to, makes him a better character in my opinion.

15. sithreaper

sithreaper Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 8, 2004
    Pong Krell was one of the most powerful Jedi we have seen up to this point.

It?s all there in the arc, first off when Krell first appears Anakin & the clones hold him in reverence.

Then when he cuts loose his force repulse knocks what 8 clones down (Anakin force repulse from the previous episode was a lot less effective), from there he cuts through them like butter (he must have killed at least 30), he also demonstrates telepathy (very rarely seen on screen) , the Jedi mind trick & extremely accurate farseeing abilities.

Even together I thing Obi & Anakin would probably have a very hard time containing him. And if it weren?t for Sith lightning I don?t that Dooku would be able to beat him.

16. Nagai

Nagai Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 15, 2010
    Pong Krell was one of the most powerful Jedi we have seen up to this point.

It?s all there in the arc, first off when Krell first appears Anakin & the clones hold him in reverence.

Then when he cuts loose his force repulse knocks what 8 clones down (Anakin force repulse from the previous episode was a lot less effective), from there he cuts through them like butter (he must have killed at least 30), he also demonstrates telepathy (very rarely seen on screen) , the Jedi mind trick & extremely accurate farseeing abilities.

Your average jedi should be able to eliminate 30 clones no problemo. I dont think he stronger then Toll Skorr or Kadrian Sey.

17. DavidIX

DavidIX Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 3, 2012
    I was going to start a thread about this guy but found this.

I think this guy " General KRELL" was a total animal. First of all, how freaking awesome did those lightsabers sound. I've never heard llightsabers with that distinct sound. Great touch. The way he just plowed threw the clones was great. They were no match. I seriously think this guy can take on any of the well known Jedi. I don't need to see him fight another Jedi. Forget the fact that he showed eye opening skill on all facets of battle. He was a physical specimen, even toying with his oponents at will. And did I mention he foresaw what was going to happen. Makes you question his abilities, and how he was able to forsee these events. No ordinary jedi for sure. If it wasn't for plot victory and some arrogance on his part. Who knows where this guy would be.

Sitara and Dark Lord Tarkas like this.
  18. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    Krell went too far into the superhero/villain direction. He tears the clones apart too easily. Seems like if he were on Mygeeto instead of Ki-Adi, he'd cut all those clones down while laughing maniacally the whole time. I wish he was a more intelligent character and not as much just a psychopath with ridiculous extents of raw power.

I can appreciate Jedi having superpowers. But when you're going up against clone soldiers bred for war (in contrast to Jedi diplomats/peacekeepers) the clones need not be completely embarrassed. Especially when they later walk into the Jedi temple and kill large numbers of Jedi.

19. Cary_the_Brave

Cary_the_Brave Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 5, 2012
    The problem with this arc is the 501st lose so many troopers from the Umbarans and Krell alike, but yet have so many more troops to defend the airbase.

20. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
    I think Krell could've been a great addition to the cast. It's such a waste he didn't last long. He'd could've been something like the Snape of TCW, only more badass, always giving the "good guys" a hard time even though they're on the same side.

21. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    Just out of curiousity, is Pong Krell actually dead?

I mean at a lot less happened to him than happened to Maul. He could have faked his death to escape the Republic to live out his Sith fetish.

22. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    I think it depends on whether a Besalisk can put themselves into a death-like trance that can fool medical readouts. They never had Maul in custody to confirm his death. They could have done an autopsy on General Krell for the hell of it if they so chose, his body was in their possession.

23. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Asajj did a similar thing in Obsession, and she was suffering from at least a few lightsaber grazes/wounds and severe mental trauma/manipulation. Krell was what, shot in the back? I have a feeling a Besalisk's layers of skin are much tougher than those of a human, especially a Besalisk who's over 7 ft. tall.

24. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Coming up on TCW: Former Jedi General Pong Krell returns from his presumed death and joins forces with Darth Maul and Savage Oppress to take on... well, everybody. :p

Sitara and SithStarSlayer like this.
  25. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    WANT.

Those three together would be the GFFA's: World Class Wrecking Crew.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.