main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Pong Krell

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by GeneralHoth, Dec 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    The thing that always hit me the most was his use of the term "New Order" just like the prologue to the original Star Wars novelization. He could tell that the Republic would be destroyed from the inside, but he also foresaw that in that process the Jedi would fall and the Sith would rule the galaxy.

2. Super_Battle_Droid

Super_Battle_Droid Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2002
    Funny how he didn't see his own death.

3. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    They never do. Look at Emperor "I'm gonna rule the galaxy for the next 10,000+ years" Palpatine. 10,000? More like 30.

Original Oatmeal likes this.
  4. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    Or maybe everything that had transpired had done so according to his design. Architect of his own death and Vader's. Palps is the Chosen One baby. [face_thinking]

5. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    All depends on whether you count Dark Empire. [face_rofl]

Humble_Jedi likes this.
  6. DavidIX

DavidIX Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 3, 2012
    I recall Yoda telling Ashoka something along the lines of, the future being in constant change or shift. It's not inconceivable to think Krell had similar visions of a future. But Maybe, a parallel future. One where Dooku overthrows Sidious. It's hard to say really. But we do know for sure, Krell was ready to join forces with the Separatists. And With Ventress and Savage out of the picture. Dooku would surely have accepted krell as his apprentice/assassin. Maybe even used him to secretly plot against Sidious himself.

7. TaradosGon

Feb 28, 2003
    DavidIX

I know about the future being "always in motion" from Yoda's lines. However, we don't really get a very in depth explanation of what Krell saw. He saw the Republic being destroyed from within, something that Dooku could not really do as leader of the CIS. But there's no mention of Sidious. And if Sidious was the individual overthrowing the Republic from within, then wouldn't Krell aspire to be his apprentice, rather than Dooku's apprentice? '

Yes, it's possible that the future Krell saw was one in which Dooku overthrew Sidious and became Emperor. And to me that sounds like an interesting story that I would like to see beyond simply a passing mention of Krell having foreseen it.

That's why I say that after thinking about it, I wouldn't really be against the idea of non-canon "what if" stories (or at the very least, one-off episodes that take place in an alternate future) to explore such stories. An episode in which Dooku kills Anakin, Sidious overthrows the Republic and the struggle between the two for power with Dooku taking over I think could be very interesting. It obviously can't happen as part of the films' continuity but just as a "what if" episode, or an episode that shows what Dooku expected to happen to contrast with what we see actually happen. For example, to show how his fights with Anakin should have played out, what would have happened if Anakin refused to give into his anger, would Dooku have killed him? Where do the Republic and CIS go from there with Palpatine captured by Dooku? Does Dooku kill Palpatine and become Sith master? etc.

So long as it's a "what if?" tale and not a Back to the Future style time traveling tale, I would have no objection to such a story.

8. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    Or they could just say that his hate kept him alive.

9. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    If his hate was keeping him alive and they had him in custody, their medical equipment would tell them he was alive. That was the point.

10. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    His "hate was keeping him alive" is on the same level as Padme losing the will to live! LOL

11. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Agreed... if people are critical of the line about Padme, they should be equally critical of that line about Maul.

12. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Exactly my point! ;)

eht13 likes this.
  13. TaradosGon

Feb 28, 2003
    I don't see them as the same. Hate relates to the Dark Side of the Force which is some mystical power that is not clearly defined in the films. I have a problem with Maul's hate keeping him alive because I see it as a contradiction to the Plagueis tale, not because I think it is absurd in and of itself that the Dark Side can keep someone alive through hate (it's a fictional supernatural power, it does whatever Lucas says it does, I can't really object).

Maul's hate keeps him alive via some mystical energy field. It's like when Palpatine tells Anakin that his hate gives him focus and makes him stronger. Why? The Force. How does that work? Dunno, it just does.

As for Padme. She's just a normal human. If I decided I don't want to live anymore, I have to get up and make it a reality through suicide. I can't just "give up" and die. Yeah, there are extreme cases of stress when people can give up and stop taking care of themselves and die (it apparently happened with my grandfather when my grandmother died. He pretty much was stressed, lonely, stopped taking care of himself and died of a heart attack within a few months of his wife dying from cancer). He "gave up the will to live" but it's still over a period of time, he didn't just lay down in bed and decide he didn't want to live anymore and die inexplicably (it was from a heart attack, but one that my grandmother's death was indirectly linked to).

Now, if Jabba stayed alive via hate, or some other being that doesn't have command of the Force, then yeah I would said that it was equally absurd.

14. Inblackestnight

Inblackestnight Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 26, 2012
  15. GeneralCIS

GeneralCIS Jedi Master star 1

Oct 23, 2012
    I hope we see Krell again in a prequel episode. I wish the show never killed him off.

16. DM99

DM99 Jedi Padawan star 3

Sep 26, 2012
    same for sidious.

17. SeparatistFan

SeparatistFan Jedi Master star 3

Oct 19, 2012
    I would like to see an episode or arc set before Umbara where Krell is on the side of the Republic. I would like to see him take down battle droids and face off against a CIS villain.

18. GeneralCIS

Oct 23, 2012
    That would be an arc to remember!

SeparatistFan likes this.
  19. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Krell would be interesting to see again, I'll admit that. But his mystique woud be unraveled, if they were to do that, so I would leave things as they are. Less is more in this case, I guess.

20. DM99

DM99 Jedi Padawan star 3

Sep 26, 2012
    I wonder what they have done with Dogma? Is he killed or jailed or again serving in the military, in another unit?

I think he should be back before Order66 to show the other clones that it is ok to kill Jedi if needed.

21. GeneralCIS

Oct 23, 2012
    I would guess they jailed him.

22. DavidIX

DavidIX Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 3, 2012
    Pong Krell will live forever in one of if not the best Arc in TCW's...........And so will REX AND FIVES.^:)^

Seerow and DM99 like this.
  23. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Dogma is either executed or in prison. I think he'll likely pop up again at some point. Again if freakin' Clovis can come back...

Fives FTW bro!

24. Mia Mesharad

Mia Mesharad Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    I see two possibilities in his situation. We know from the Republic Commando series that clones who go rogue are killed, and those that get away or desert are hunted down by covert ops squads. Now Slick, from Season 1...based on all that, it's pretty likely that dude's gone. Bolt to the back of the head, throw away the body gone. Theoretically, Dogma could get the same treatment.

However, he didn't actually do anything wrong the way Slick did. Though Krell was indeed a superior officer, he was an admitted traitor to the Republic, and a dangerous asset were he to be taken by the Umbarans poised to overrun the airbase where he was being held. Almost any military court-martial proceedings, especially one that would logically have the involvement of several Senior Jedi Generals, would find Dogma's behavior acceptable under the circumstances. That said, and perhaps more importantly, there's nothing that says Anakin wouldn't personally go expedite the entire situation by simply vouching for the actions of his man, and using his own military authority to overturn the charges. We're told rather explicitly in the movie novelization and the No Prisoners novel just how personally attached Anakin is to his men, and the level of respect and adoration they have for him in return. I could easily see something that happening.

Either way, though, I honestly don't think it's likely that we'll ever see Dogma again in any identifiable role. He was integral to the Umbara story arc, to be sure, but his fate―much like Slick's―seems like the type of thing that the series is loathe to touch upon outside of ambiguous hints of being led off in cuffs.

Seerow likes this.
  25. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    ^Interesting

I could definitely see Dogma getting off so to speak thanks to the Jedi or Anakin. However Dave Filoni's reasons for changed the script from Rex shooting Krell don't sound good for Dogma. I won't write off the possibility of any character returning since I never would have though Clovis would pop back up, as I said previously. Tup is still around and Dogma was his foil, there is enough there for a reunion and I'm very certain we'll see Tup again at some point.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.