main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Pong Krell

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by GeneralHoth, Dec 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DavidIX

DavidIX Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 3, 2012
    Dogma is not executed or imprisoned. More than likely they just questioned him and let him go. He was just an innocent soldier tricked by his general. I think the Republic would like all the clones to be like Dogma and not like Fives. If you think, Fives questioned Krells orders since the start. Those are the clones that could potentially go awal one day.

INTERESTING..

DM99 likes this.
  2. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Fives wasn't supposed to be your average dogmatic clone in that arc. He's really every bit as independent as Cut Lawquane is yet I don't think Fives is likely to go AWOL, Fives just uses his independence in a different way. Like Cut he's been shaped by losing all the brothers who he trained with. He's still most definately loyal to the republic but he seems driven by protecting the lives of his brother and seems to be using his ARC Trooper training to that end in Umbara. I kinda think Fives would have rampaged back to the base had he not been locked up and been directly involved in the friendly fire incident. Fives is abbrasive, he's angry, he's charismatic, and he's full of himself. He easily gets other clone troopers to follow him into hell. Fives more major role in the future is very intiguing and I really want to see more of him.

3. DavidIX

Sep 3, 2012
    I don't question Fives loyalty towards the republic. What I'm saying and it's just a hunch, that type of independant personality can lead him to make a decision most average Clones cannot. You think of order 66 and a clone that might make the right decision instead of following an order blindly without question. Fives fits that personality in my opinion. I don't see him going Awol either, he's a soldier and as long as the war continues he will fight not only for the republics cause, but most importantly for his BROTHERS. However like they said in the end of the episode, what happens to them after the war, what then. Rex and Fives are slowy seing the light of their situation. They are being used just as much as Dogma was, even though they serve under good Jedi.

4. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Fives wasn't really seeing it yet IMO. Rex is. Rex was thinking back to his convo with Cut there at the end and realizing how little he understands. Fives is more independent but Rex is smarter and I think he's the kinda guy who can see two sides of an issue. Fives will see one side of it and is less likely to follow an an order. I think Fives exists to instigate Rex like happened in Umbara and we'll this come into play again down the road perhaps with Order 66.

QuangoFett and laloga like this.
  5. Sitara

Sitara Jedi Grand Master star 3

Oct 8, 2001
    So, Dark Jedi Master General Krell as seen in Carnage of Krell takes on Count Dook in a duel to the death.

Who do you think would win that?

Given how Dooku can't even defeat Savage, I give it to Krell easily. In lightsabers Krell will OWN Dooks, no way could Dooku's pathetic single bladed fencing style stand up to the raw power of TWO dbl bladers.

And with regards to Sith Lightning, yeah Obi Wan easily countered Dooku's lightning in AOTC, and Obi Wan was still a Knight at that time. Krell is a powerful Jedi Master. He would have no problem with Dooku's lightning.

Thoughts?

6. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Dooku would win

7. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    We never got much of a demonstration of Krell's skills with his two big lightstaffs. Krell vs. Grievous would have been epic. I can't help but imagine Dooku dueling Krell's four blades with one hand behind his back like in "Crisis on Naboo" vs Anakin.

8. Sitara

Oct 8, 2001
    I don't see that. Dooku couldn't even handle Anakin in the first duel of ROTS, where he died. How would he handle a powerful Jedi Master like Krell who had gone full Dark and was deeply drawing on the dark side? Not to mention Krell, due to his species, is physically strong enough to break armored clones in half. Imagine the strength of his blows as they rain down on old man Dooku.

Man...Krell should have survived, and become a villain in the Underworld teevee series. Though I guess the cost of animating him in live action would be immense...they could have used him sparingly.

We should start a petition...if Maul can return from the dead, anyone can! :p

Original Oatmeal likes this.
  9. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    No!

I dunno. Dooku did fine in the duel in Crisis and I don't know how much stake I put in size. What do you think would happen if Yoda dueled Krell? Krell was a Jedi who fell because of the stress and brutality of war.

Original Oatmeal likes this.
  10. Sitara

Oct 8, 2001
    I respectfully disagree. Rewatch Carnage of Krell. He fell embraced the Dark Side of the Force fully because of a vision(s) that he had, possibly due to his connection with the Dark Side which allowed him to pierce the shroud the Dark Side had over the Light Side (which thus blinded the Jedi to their impending doom) and gain a true glimpse of the future: The Republic and the Order would be destroyed from within, and a new order would rise in their place.

Krell just wanted to survive and thrive in this new order. He made a logical, cold and calculating decision. He would have made a fantastic addition to the roster of SW characters in this time period. Even if we never saw him in TCW again, we could have seen him in the Live Action, and EU.

KED12345 likes this.
  11. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I've seen Carnage many times. Krell is basically just a prop character. He existed with the sole purpose of being mean as hell to drive the clones into dissenting because that's what it takes. He was never meant to be much deeper than that however Krell is also an example of a fallen Jedi because of the war. He is the only example in TCW so far so that is very important. All that death and destruction and being a general in charge of peoples lives corrupted him. Yeah he was channeling the darkside and actively seeking out Dooku because of his visions. Its a combination of his visions and the pain of seeing so many die that causes his bigotry torward the clones. Yeah he knew the Jedi would 'lose'. He is actually assuming he CIS will win, he is not piecing together the empire I don't think and thus he is seeking out Dooku to survive and also to gain power within that new order.

I decided to merge this thread with the existing Krell thread.

12. Scimitar13

Scimitar13 Jedi Youngling

Jan 25, 2013
    Krell was an interesting character, it is a pity we did not get more of him. What we did get was great though. It would have been cool to see him duel with someone, he does seem quite powerful.

Sitara likes this.
  13. Sitara

Oct 8, 2001
    He is without a doubt the most powerful Jedi Master we have seen after Yoda, Mace and Obi Wan. One wonders though, how much of this power was due to the Dark Side.

However, he also seemed to me to be easily more powerful than Assaj and Savage...in fact I do believe he could have thrashed Dooku even as I have stated above.

14. DavidIX

Sep 3, 2012
    Pong Krell looked like he could take on any Jedi/Sith including Dooku and Mace Windu. The skill and power he displayed on the battle field..Holy crap!.

He never would of been able to join the CIS. First you have to ask yourself if Sidious would allow Krell to serve under Dooku. If Sidious was wary of Ventress and her growing power, he would be even more concerned about Dooku having a weapon like Krell at his disposal.

Second would be, how long do you think Krell serves under Dooku before he realizes he can probably just over take him and run the whole operation himself.

And that's assuming Dooku even considers bringing Krell on board. I would guess he would be wary of getting another apprentice/assasin considering what happened with Ventress and Savage.

15. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    If Krell had survived... I kinda hate myself for this since I liked what happened to him. Krell's execution was an important moment for my clones and he need to stay the **** dead. I think he would have been better as a rogue fighting on the CIS side. Not really a Jedi or a Sith. He could have been like Kimblee in FMA where he just wants to see what the world looks like if the other side wins and likes to blow stuff up. Not really evil doesn't really hate anybody although on the surface you'd think he was a bigot toward the Ishvalans/Clones.

16. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    However powerful Krell seemed (there's not much evidence), he also came off as incredibly stupid, a common side effect of dark side pills. Like Anakin vs Dooku in AOTC or Anakin vs Obi-Wan in ROTS, I think it's likely Krell would beat himself against Dooku. He'd cackle maniacally or turn his back on Dooku or whatever, and he'd get himself killed.

As dumb as Dooku's apprenticeship to Sidious seems at times, he hasn't demonstrated the same incredibly stupid overconfidence/lack of control in combat situations that other dark siders have shown, like Anakin running face first into Force lightning or diving into Kenobi's lightsaber, or Sidious electrocuting Luke while Vader is standing right next to him.

17. Sable_Hart

Sable_Hart Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 28, 2009
    Dooku is, per numerous sources, rivaled only by Mace and surpassed only by Yoda (and Sidious). Krell may put the Count on the ropes by virtue of sheer strength, but as far as skill, technique, and overall power? Dooku by a long shot.

CT-867-5309 likes this.
  18. Darth Georgia

Darth Georgia Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 5, 2012
    Dooku survived a duel against YODA. Krell is very impressive but Count Dooku is a true Sith Lord not some wannabe. Dooku is one of the best swordsman in the history of Star Wars and is very powerful in the force. He owns Obi Wan as though he were a padawan in both AOTC and ROTS. Only an enraged Anakin could kill him. Dooku would defeat Krell. Also who said Dooku can't take Savage? I seem to remember the Count using his lightning to great effect on the monster. If Ventress hadn't shown up Savage was toast.

19. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Dooku didn't win, though, he saw a chance to escape and took it. That's why he survived. Sure, he's a class above the rest, but Yoda is not the rest.

20. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Not that any of this matters, because Krell moronically trolled a clone trooper into shooting him in the back. Fail ending.

Sitara likes this.
  21. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    Grevious lacks the force ;)

Sitara likes this.
  22. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    Although I'm probably a bigger fan of General Krell as a character, I definitely think he'd lose to Darth Tyranus. Darth Tyranus has shown that he can outmatch brute force with refined use of the Force, and General Krell is using the dark side of the Force with no training while Darth Tyranus has been trained to use it by a Sith Lord.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.