main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Pooja's New Theory- (God help me with this one) *sigh*

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by Pooja, Jun 21, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pooja

Pooja Jedi Knight star 6

May 25, 2002
    In the midst of all the theories going around that Naboo may be Dagobah, and Kamino might be Dagobah since many believe that Yoda deleted it from the archives, and this, and that, well folks I have a theory of my own.

Beware; it's incredibly silly but I wanted to post it anyway. What have I to lose?

Anyway...

What happens when water evaporates? Why, it turns into mist/air/whatever. (oh Lord this is so freaking silly)

Say Kamino (SOMEHOW) evaporated. Now, is this impossible? No, it's Star Wars. :p

Anyway, say something happens to the water on Kamino. Say like the water sort of turns into vapor. This is weird, my apologies. Anyway, It would be like...all those cities on Kamino with a HUGE vapor cloud around it.

[image=http://64.227.26.45/Grilled-Sarlacc/s/i/kamino_bg.jpg]

[image=http://www.starwars.com/databank/location/bespin/img/movie_sm.jpg]

Look at the architecture on Kamino.

Look at the architecture on Bespin.

Is it not strikingly similar to that of Cloud City?

Now, how on earth will all that water evaporate and turn into mist, I have no freaking idea. But it's just weird to me how Kamino shares similar architecture with Cloud City, and Cloud City is just that- a city in the clouds. Well, wouldn't it be possible if that Cloud City was once part of a water planet? *coughKAMINOcough*

Sorry, I know this is horribly retarded, and I deserve to be sprayed with anti-retardant for this one.

But come ON it's like three years until Episode III, I'm already dying for it, so please just kinda take anything with open arms. I have no clue how the planet would become a cloud, but technically speaking, I mean...Cloud City is just so identical to the cities on Kamino.

If not, then at least Cloud City may have borrowed architecture from Kamino. I don't know- this is just another odd theory by yours truly.

All of you will disregard this, I know, I forsee it, but it's very cool speculation, and in the mind of George Lucas, I mean, who knows.

*sigh*

And so, it begins...just please don't recommend me to a loony bin. I'm only trying to spark talk here, people. You guys KNOW you love it when I do stuff like that. :p

And I just ran across this:

Early in the development of The Empire Strikes Back, Bespin was identified as Katbrae, and then Kettlebrae, The Gas Planet. An intriguing concept was the entire planet somehow possessed a cloaking device that made it and its floating cities invisible from space. In these early incarnations, the Gas Planet was home to an intelligent species called the Whatnots, which traveled on immense flying whales.

Writer / Director George Lucas has long been trying to get these whales into the Star Wars films. The Bespin whales were recycled into Return of the Jedi concept art, originally as a means of conveyance later replaced by Jabba's sail barge and skiff. They were then possible concepts for the Gungan military when developing The Phantom Menace. An incarnation of these whales will finally be seen in Attack of the Clones.

Some more picture comparisons to feed on:

Bespin:
    [image=http://www.theforce.net/multimedia/archive/Images/Classic_Trilogy/Locations/Bespin/bespin8.jpg]

Bespin:
    [image=http://www.theforce.net/multimedia/archive/Images/Classic_Trilogy/Locations/Bespin/specialed001.jpg]

Bespin platform:
    [image=http://www.theforce.net/multimedia/archive/Images/Classic_Trilogy/Locations/Bespin/mfdockc2.jpg]

See how both landing platforms have the little light fixtures along the sides?

Kamino Platform:
    [image=http://images.swmovies.net/ep2sbsimg/020-g-54.jpg]

And this one just does it for me (Ralph McQuarrie concept art):
    [image=http://www.theforce.net/multimedia/archive/Images/Classic_Trilogy/Locations/Bespin/rmq-ccar.jpg]

Kamino:
    [image=http://www.theforce.net/multimedia/archive/Images/Episode_2/Locations/Kamino/swi59-tipoca.jpg]

That is all...for now.

2. MadMardigan

MadMardigan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 2001
    I think it looks like cloud city because the designers base their designs on a certain "Star Wars Look." I don't know. That's my theory and I'm sticking with it.

3. Jedi_Scholar

Jedi_Scholar Jedi Youngling

Jun 8, 2002
    I, for one, enjoy your theories Pooja, and yes, Kamino and Cloud City share some of the same architechtual features, and i also agree, in that cooky noggin of GL, you never know...........i mean you NEVER know...

4. Pooja

Pooja Jedi Knight star 6

May 25, 2002
    Oh yeah.

See the really long stilts that extend from the bottom on the buildings of Bespin?

Now, the buildings on Kamino also sit on similar stilts that reach down to the planet's core. The cities couldn't just float there. The buildings on Kamino MUST have far reaching stilts as well.

Yet, ANOTHER similarity.

And, if you don't agree, fine. I mean, I'm the one with the bad theory here. But if I'm not right, at least I'm pretty sure Lucas wanted to mimic Bespin with Kamino for yet another parallel for Episode II.

5. Jedi_Master_Koni

Jedi_Master_Koni Jedi Youngling

Jun 5, 2002
    Bespin is a gas giant, and Kamino is a small rocky world like Earth. Bespin's clouds are Tibana gas. Kamino would evaporate into water vapor. Bespin has no ground. Kamino would end up like Venus with a runaway greenhouse effect.

Of course, you never know what may happen. I'm just stating the logical reasons why it can't happen.

6. Pooja

Pooja Jedi Knight star 6

May 25, 2002
    Well, okay. But isn't it also possible that Bespin derives the same architectural qualities from Kamino?

If Kamino doesn't directly become Bespin, then perhaps at least Bespin can be built from Kamino.

7. EagleIFilms

EagleIFilms Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 6, 2001
    If only Lucas would do that...

8. KaaShamau

KaaShamau Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 15, 2000
    But, but, Kamino = Death Star...

:p

9. PDZSY

PDZSY Jedi Youngling star 1

May 18, 2002
    That is a very good theory, Pooja. You're right, the architecture looks very similar between Kamino and Bespin. It is also a great theory about the water evaporating into the clouds. You said you didn't have a clue how that could happen, but I have at least a small one.

I recently purchased this AOTC Visual Dictionary book. It's definitely a very comprehensive book and I reccomend it to anyone who's interested in AOTC. Anyway, their was a brief passage about how Kamino became a water planet and it could also tie into to how it became a gas/cloud planet. Here it is:

"When a global climate shift flooded their planet, the Kaminoans were forced to adapt. They developed cloning technology and practiced selective breeding to keep their race alive. As a result of the hardships endured during the Great Flood, the Kaminoans have an austere, non-materialistic outlook...."

From what I get out of this passage is that Kamino did not become a water plant in over a long period of time, it became one in a short amount of time. Due to a "global climate shift," also known as "The Great Flood," Kamino was transformed into a water planet.

Suppose if another global climate shift occured, but this time, the water evaporated into clouds. It is definitely possible that Kamino could very well become Bespin Cloud City in a short amount of time. Anyway, good job and a good theory, I hope my information provided some help.

10. Pooja

Pooja Jedi Knight star 6

May 25, 2002
    That's interesting, and it adds a bit to the discussion. Thanks.

11. stinrab

stinrab Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 9, 1998
    God forbid there might actually be an original planet in the OT instead of just rehashes from the PT...

12. Pooja

Pooja Jedi Knight star 6

May 25, 2002
    We're just speculating here. Jeez.

13. Luke_Clone

Luke_Clone Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 15, 2002
    Interesting theory. Of course I think you are nuts but I must admit that I didn't notice the similarities between the Cloud City and Tipoca City until one of my friends pointed it out to me.

Interesting that it took so long for the "Air Whales" to finally make it into SW. :)

14. Arachnophilia

Arachnophilia Jedi Youngling star 2

May 18, 2002
    floating/hovering cities are probably standardized and manufactured by the corellians or something.

15. Pooja

Pooja Jedi Knight star 6

May 25, 2002
    Of course I think you are nuts

Yeah I knew I'd get that sooner or later. :p

But aren't the similarities between Kamino and Cloud City just...well...a bit extravagant?

16. Darth_Dragon_7

Darth_Dragon_7 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 18, 2002
    Very intresting theory. It could work, but with all GL has to deal with in EpIII, I don't think we'll even see Bespin mentioned.

I like your theory though.

17. hew

hew Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 1999
    All this speculation is pointless. Everyone knows Kamino freezes over and turns into Hoth.

18. Pooja

Pooja Jedi Knight star 6

May 25, 2002
    All this speculation is pointless.

If you have any better ideas to keep us occupied until Episode III comes out, then let's hear it.

Also, this gives those with open minds the opportunity to think about it, post ideas, and frankly help pass time, at least a little, until Episode III.

Translation: No, it's not pointless. Thanks for the input though.

19. Darth_Omega

Darth_Omega Force Ghost star 6

May 19, 2002
    Perhaps Pooja they're completely different planets?

But I must agree on something and that is the architect is similar.

20. Naked_Jango

Naked_Jango Jedi Youngling star 1

May 13, 2002
    Maybe the son of the architect of Tipoca City had an itch to get off the planet and make it big for himself. He took the plans from some of the buildings and took the first flying whale leaving for the Lando system. Or maybe he just left with someone who had visited.

Then he meets up with a construction person of some type. Together they fill an order for a floating city on Bespin. The Kaminoan decides to live there because it was his first project/first success, but continues to build for other systems, along with his construction partner.

When Vader shows up, the Kaminoan is off on another system making more floating cities.

How's that for a Kamino/Bespin theory? I think that it's interesting that you would use evaporation for a Kamino/Bespin tie. I think that would work, but I also think it would wipe out the Kaminoans, along with thier architecture. The city on Kamino would have to have a certain bouyancy, which wouldn't work in the clouds.

I dunno. Just putting in my 2 cents.

21. Luke_Clone

Luke_Clone Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 15, 2002
    If you have any better ideas to keep us occupied until Episode III comes out, then let's hear it.

But, Pooja... he does have a better idea.

Everyone knows Kamino freezes over and turns into Hoth.

:D

I swear I saw a Wampa Ice Creature walking down one of the corridors on Kamino. ;)

22. Pooja

Pooja Jedi Knight star 6

May 25, 2002
    Perhaps Pooja they're completely different planets?

Perhaps. If they are, they are nearly identical though.

I swear I saw a Wampa Ice Creature walking down one of the corridors on Kamino.

Emphasizing on a bad joke is not a good thing.

23. KaaShamau

KaaShamau Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 15, 2000
    This theory also explains:

- Why the ceilings are so high.
    - How the troopers got there so fast.
    - Why Leia stays in Jangos apartment.
    [image=http://www.theforce.net/multimedia/archive/Images/Classic_Trilogy/Locations/Bespin/guestrm2.jpg]

But I still think Kamino = Death Star.

:p

24. Pooja

Pooja Jedi Knight star 6

May 25, 2002
    This theory also explains:

- Why the ceilings are so high.
    - How the troopers got there so fast.
    - Why Leia stays in Jangos apartment.

How so?

25. Jeff 42

Jeff 42 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 14, 1998
    "Everyone knows Kamino freezes over and turns into Hoth."

I'm pretty sure that was my idea. :D

Anyway, Bespin = gas giant. Kamino = terrestrial planet. It's as simple as that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.