main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Pooja's New Theory- (God help me with this one) *sigh*

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by Pooja, Jun 21, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pooja

Pooja Jedi Knight star 6

May 25, 2002
    Well, like I said, Bespin could have borrowed Kamino's architecture.

Even though they may not be the same planet, I think there is a definite connection between the two.

2. Luke_Clone

Luke_Clone Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 15, 2002
    Jeff 42

It was a good idea... Pooja is too close to his theory to see the flaws in it. :p

3. IronParrot

IronParrot Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 2, 1999
    No matter how clever or valid the theory is, I think even showing a transition like this would be a waste of valuable screentime, as it does not bear any conceivable relation to the rise of the Empire, the destruction of the Jedi and the fall of Anakin Skywalker.

I mean, Lucas has only got a bit more than two hours. He's not going to spend it on this sort of thing.

4. Pooja

Pooja Jedi Knight star 6

May 25, 2002
    It was a good idea... Pooja is too close to his theory to see the flaws in it.

If I didn't see the flaws, I'd be more positive that what I am saying is true.

However, right now, in my mind its only a slight possibility. Do I think Bespin used to be Kamino? Maybe not. Do I think there is a connection? You bet.

5. IronParrot

IronParrot Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 2, 1999
    Well, even if you see a connection, it certainly won't be explored in the films.

Not bad fan fic material though, if you really want to go there.

6. Pooja

Pooja Jedi Knight star 6

May 25, 2002
    it certainly won't be explored in the films.

Not trying to start anything, no way no how, but you AREN'T certain, because you AREN'T writing Episode III. It's okay to go against my opinion...but no one is sure of anything at the moment.

Are you right? Probably. But the fact remains- about anything could happen. And I don't think anyone that posts here is from Lucasfilm.

I could be mistaken though; some of you seem to know everything. :p

7. hypersonic5

hypersonic5 Jedi Youngling

May 31, 2002
    "Gravity is pulling all the stars towards this area here."

Stars = Heat
    Heat + Water = Gas(Clouds)

You take it from there.

8. stinrab

stinrab Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 9, 1998
    Well, by your logic Pooja, anything and everything could happen in episodeIII. Naboo could turn into Endor, JarJar into Tarkin and Dooku might be Mon Mothma in disguise BUT since none of us is Lucas then we don't know for sure. Of course we don't know for sure; but we are being realistic. Deal with it

9. Pooja

Pooja Jedi Knight star 6

May 25, 2002
    Uhm, no. And I *don't* think Bespin IS Kamino. I specifically stated that I only think there is a small connection. And at least I gave viable information AND even presented comparison pictures.

10. Arachnophilia

Arachnophilia Jedi Youngling star 2

May 18, 2002
    "'Gravity is pulling all the stars towards this area here.'

Stars = Heat
    Heat + Water = Gas(Clouds)

You take it from there."

they were describing the fact that there was a large object in the are that was unmarked.

it's not like a massive cosmic event were the stars are being attracted away from their normal points in space. they were talking about how the normal points in space seemed to have been affected by an object that wasn't there.

kamino is not bespin.

maybe the kamino peoples had the same manufacturer as the bespin peoples. but they are not the same.

and naboo isn't dagobagh either.

11. Pooja

Pooja Jedi Knight star 6

May 25, 2002
    kamino is not bespin.

Teach ME how to read the future. Is it hard to do?

12. Luke_Clone

Luke_Clone Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 15, 2002
    Ok Pooja I will admit that the architecture of Kamino and Bespin is similar. Perhaps they had the same architect work on their buidings? Perhaps the guy who thought up Cloud City had been to Kamino and was thus inspired? Really, I think that is as far as any similarities between the two can go. And as was noted above, I'm sure that Lucas isn't going to devote much time to it in Episode 3. :p

You know we like to kid you a bit. Don't take it so seriously. Now if you'll excuse me Taun We and I have to "speedwalk" away from the Wampa coming down the Kaminoan corridors. Catch you later...

13. Pooja

Pooja Jedi Knight star 6

May 25, 2002
    Ok Pooja I will admit that the architecture of Kamino and Bespin is similar. Perhaps they had the same architect work on their buidings? Perhaps the guy who thought up Cloud City had been to Kamino and was thus inspired?

Yeah, that's about as far as I'll go. I don't think Bespin and Kamino are the same planet per se, but I still won't put it past Lucas.

Really, I think that is as far as any similarities between the two can go. And as was noted above, I'm sure that Lucas isn't going to devote much time to it in Episode 3.

Agreed.

You know we like to kid you a bit. Don't take it so seriously.

Well who says I'm not kidding back? :p

...and I won't comment on that Wampa bit.
    ;)

stinrab:
    Of course we don't know for sure;

Finally, someone agrees. :)

[/i]...but we are being realistic.[/i]

I hate to say it but Star Wars isn't exactly of the realistic type. I understand where you are coming from, but about anything could happen in Lucas' world. Except maybe Jar Jar being Tarkin. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.