main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ark Pool Party Drive-in Night at my parents' house this Friday the 13th!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by otisdodge, May 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. otisdodge

otisdodge Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2004
    Remember me saying I had something up my sleeve?

Well, here's the scoop!!!

My parents have a great house with a pool in Chenal Valley in West Little Rock. My mom has very graciously allowed me to make this invitation.

Warning, it is subject to cancellation depending on neighbor approval, but otherwise, we are going on with it.

I am going to borrow my dad's digital projector and show Episodes I and II on the outside of the house (it is a light grey brick). It won't be TIMAX (Qui-Gon Tim's 24 foot screen in Memphis) quality, but we do what we can, right?

Movies will start at dusk (around 8?), but please come at 6 to swim and eat dinner.

Potluck: Bring your own meat to grill, or whatever else you want to eat. Bring your own drinks. No alcohol please. While I am on the subject, no smoking either. If you have to smoke you will have to take a break out by your car. Sorry.

Please post any questions. PM me for directions.

I hope everyone can come. Looking forward to a great Arkansas FanForce pre Episode III: Revenge of the Sith party!!!!!!!!!!

2. davisjaron

davisjaron Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 9, 2005
    Hmm... I don't know... Friday doesn't seem very convenient for me... kinda short notice too... what does everyone else think? Also are you allowed to do that... I thought you had to have a license to show movies on projection to the public....

3. Elan-Rai

Elan-Rai RSA Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 11, 2001
    Yeah, it would probably disturb a lot of folks if it is being shown on the front of the house. Being as he's more than likely going to show it on the backside of the house, I doubt the MPAA will know about it. [face_laugh]

4. Wet_Fett

Wet_Fett Jedi Master star 1

Apr 24, 2002
    Sorry...i cant come. I know how horrible it must be for you all to know that but i'm sorry.

5. Nyborg13

Nyborg13 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 28, 2004
    Hey everyone Jacob just called he said hes sorry he hasn't gotten back with any of you that has PM'ed him. He has been moving and out of touch he plans on gettingintouch with everyone that is interested tonight and give directions and answer any ? posted.
    I hope you guys are going to make it see ya'll there.

6. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    Sorry you can't come, Jaron.
    I thought you had to have a license to show movies on projection to the public...
    You probably do need a license, but seeing as it is a private party--I am only inviting y'all, my friends--and I am not charging admission...

Looking forward to it. Again, ask any questions in this thread or PM me for directions.

Jacob

7. davisjaron

davisjaron Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 9, 2005
    I will try to come, but I am not sure I will be able to... I still have a LOT of work to get done on my wookiee costume if I plan to get it done by wednesday...

8. Nyborg13

Nyborg13 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 28, 2004
    Hey man we will be there but as the McDonald way we will probable be lateor atleast 8:00 but we will be there. See ya

9. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    Great. We'll be here. Nobody is here yet. I was just going to get out the projector.

Sitting here in my C3 T-shirt and swim suit--all dressed up and no-one to pary with. ;)

10. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    Well, that was a blast! It was really successful. The turnout was a little sparse ;) (Henry, Julia, Tré, my sister Grace, her friend Susan, my brother Sam, my wife Maria Mae, my sons Christian and Everett, and myself), but we still had fun. The projection worked fabulously. It was really great. I don't know the exact measurements of the wall we had it projected on, but it seemed like 15 or 20 feet. I will measure it tomorrow. I didn't know the projector had keystone adjustment, so that was a great surprise and the picture looked right--good proportions and square. Because my parents didn't want to be making a lot of noise in the back yard past midnight, we skipped some of the slower scenes in both movies (more in E1), and we still finished after midnight.

Julia is having major allergy problems, so they had to leave a little early. I hope they are home safe now.

I hope to do it again later this summer. Now that we know it works, and that just one movie is probably more reasonable...
    ...and we can plan ahead next time.

So, who's gonna suggest another great idea for the next meeting? We'll need something to do in June.

Thank you for coming, Tré, Julia and Henry. Thank you for thinking of coming everyone else. I am sorry I planned it with such short notice. Hopefully we'll be able to do it again, and see you at Rave on Wednesday!!! :D

11. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Glad you guys had fun! Wished I could've come! Juz shy on the ole gas $ right now. But am looking forward to the Rave :D Like I said I'll be there around noonish Wed.

Hope to see everyone there :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.