main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Pool Party

Discussion in 'Archive: Cleveland, OH' started by JarJarJedi, Aug 7, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JarJarJedi

JarJarJedi Force Ghost star 6

Feb 6, 2001
    I talked about this at the last meeting, and no one really said a firm "No" to it. My mom said that we could have the pool party on the 17th of August. She said that we could have it around 1pm, but we could go a little later, or we could move it to noon.

Now, the price of admission is thus: hotdog/hamburger buns, chips, pop, and if you guys want to have a bonfire, marshmellows, chocolate, and graham crackers. Oh and don't forget your swimsuits and towels. :) (We are going to have the hotdogs and hamburgers)

If you guys want to do this, PM me with your e-mail address, and where you are coming from (i.e. down 71, down 77, down Rt. 8, across 76... and from where), and I'll e-mail you with directions (and maybe a map too).

So what do you guys say?

2. JediKnightPasJoDacle

JediKnightPasJoDacle Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 16, 2002
    If I'm in town on the 17th, which I may not be, not sure yet), I'd be in.

3. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    You can count on Emily and I coming! Just let me know what kind of stuff you need us to bring.

Amy is having a house-warming party for their new roommate, later that evening. I'm planning on spending much of the day with you guys, then head up to Amy's around dinner-time (since her party will be running late into the evening)

Brian (Jedi_BMack) will probably be doing the same, he's been friends with us for a long time, and his girlfriend will hopefully be there.

4. Jedi_BMack

Jedi_BMack Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2002
    Brain??? brAIn? nice one crash :)

sounds like a party... my g/f might be able to come, but i'm not sure if she'd want to hang around a whole lot of us... may need to ween her on to us... same can probably be said for amy, right Krash?

-b-

5. TheRandomMenace

TheRandomMenace Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2002
    Ween Amy? You can either stick your girlfriend's toe in the pool to acclimate her to the water, or you can push her in, which is what I would say Geoff did...

6. Padawan92

Padawan92 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2001
    Cool with me. It will be a break from band. [face_love]

7. JediKnightPasJoDacle

Mar 16, 2002
    Wait, is this a skinny dipping party, because I'm skinny, but I don't like to be dipped. :)

8. JarJarJedi

Feb 6, 2001
    As do I Emily, as do I...

[mumbles] I swear I am so going to hit them over the head with the drill and the entire score if they screw up again! :mad: Maybe they will learn by osmosis! :mad: [/mumbles] (Dang, I'm not supposed to get violent with the kids... :D)

Anyways.... Jon, as far as I know: no, this is not a skinny dipping party! :p (Unless you are being a total pain, and then I will throw you in. :p (You just be glad that it is warm and we have chemicals in... I got thrown in as soon as we got the motor installed for the pump, and it was cold, and the chemicals hadn't really been put in yet. ;))

Who else needs directions? Krash PMed me already for them, who else is coming? ?[face_plain]

9. JarJarJedi

Feb 6, 2001
    Uppers! :)

10. Jedi_BMack

May 25, 2002
    So Noon or 1:00?

-b-

11. JarJarJedi

Feb 6, 2001
    At 1.

You could come at noon, and you could help me set up.... ;) j/k.
    Actually there probably won't be much to set up... I'm so not decorating. ;)

12. JediKnightPasJoDacle

Mar 16, 2002
    OK, I'm in, anything I need to bring? And I need directions, I'm coming from 2604 Saybrook Road, University Heights, Ohio 44118.

Are we bringing sabers? Someone bring a video camera or regular camera.

13. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    Actually, Amy won't be joining us...because she's going to be setting up for her party later that night. I figured Kell will meet us at Amy's house, unless you 2 are coming up together for the day.

It's not that we "need to ween her on to us" Actually, Amy came to our 1st meeting, and stayed for a while...then went shopping and she had fun at the John Williams show with everyone. But let's face it, Amy and Kelly aren't the major SW fans like we are.

So Brian, are you going to meet us at Cindy's...then drive up to Amy's house?

14. shinjo_jedi

shinjo_jedi Jedi Master star 5

May 21, 2002
    Well, I won't be going :)

Have fun anyways ;)

Cheers,
    Shinjo!

15. JarJarJedi

Feb 6, 2001
    Sorry to hear that you can't come shinjo. :(

Can people please post on what they are going to bring? We will have hotdog and hamburgers. Krash, are you going to bring the buns?

We need someone to bring buns, chips, pop, and if there is time before you guys have to leave, then we can have a bonfire, so we would need someone to bring marshmellows, chocolate, and graham crackers.

Yes, please bring your sabers. Krash, can you bring your camera? Mine isn't digital, but we can still use it...

16. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    Lightsabers...check
    Digital video camera...check
    Hamburger and Hot Dog buns...check

We'll be down there sometime around 1PM!

17. Jedi_BMack

May 25, 2002
    chips and pop... on the way

I'll be there at 1:00...

Krash, Kel's meeting us at Amy's...

-b-

18. JarJarJedi

Feb 6, 2001
    1? Awww come one guys, why not 12:30? You can help me set out the food! :D j/k but you guys can come earlier if you want to. ;)

Does anyone have any pool toys that they can bring? besides a beach ball; we have 2 of those. ;) Oh, and we have 4 rafts and 4 fun noodles. ;)

19. shinjo_jedi

shinjo_jedi Jedi Master star 5

May 21, 2002
    How about some Inner Tubes :D :p ;)

Cheers,
    Shinjo!

20. JarJarJedi

Feb 6, 2001
    Nope, we don't have any, ours got a hole a few years ago, and the other two that we have for the river, they have holes too. :(

21. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    How long does it take for you to get to Southpark from your house? So I can estimate what time we need to hit the road.

22. PadawanPadme

PadawanPadme Jedi Youngling

Apr 29, 2002
    I can make it to the pool party also!!! Thanks for telling me about the party. :p I can bring the hamburgers and hot dogs. :D

23. JarJarJedi

Feb 6, 2001
    It will take you around 40 minutes from the I-X Center (if I remember correctly, that is where you live ;)), but that is going 70. ;) Since it is about 55 mph in the construction, it will maybe take you a little bit longer. ;)

24. JediKnightPasJoDacle

Mar 16, 2002
    MONKEY'S IN THE FURNACE, OH NO!

Don't forget to bring lightsabers, you might find me a better challange then Random....

25. TheRandomMenace

TheRandomMenace Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2002
    Um, Jon, who cleaned you up last year and went undefeated out of like 4 duels? Oh yeah, that was ME. Although you did prove a worthy adversary. All I have to say is that if you, Krash, myself, and Kat (Swordchick from Detroit) went to Columbus and took them on, they'd be screwed. Oh well, looks like I have to wait for the next gathering for an opportunity to absolutely slaughter everyone like a certain Padawan on a Tusken camp...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.