PT Poor Anakin

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Brenapp, Nov 27, 2012.

Moderators: Bazinga'd
  1. DarthRelaxus Chosen One

star 5
    Details may have changed, but Padme was not meant to survive the PT.
  2. TheMadHatter Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    well I know that :p

I just think Lucas had many different ideas during the AOTC stage,

he's a man that changes plot points, details even in post production.
  3. Count Yubnub Force Ghost

star 4
    I doubt details have changed. The vision of Anakin's mom suffering, Anakin finding his mother too late to save her, and Anakin pledging to become so powerful that he can stop people from dying, clearly lead into the ROTS plot.
  4. TheMadHatter Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    that doesn't anywhere near hint that it was Anakin's direct involvment that killed her
  5. DarthBoba Manager Emeritus

star 9
    Yeah, Anakin's original fall was more directly seeking power than trying to save Padme.

Edit: her death was obviously going to be part of either.
    Last edited by DarthBoba, Nov 30, 2012
  6. DarthRelaxus Chosen One

star 5
    It doesn't have to be about direct involvement. Padme would die because Anakin made the wrong choice. His action or inaction would lead to her death.
  7. TheMadHatter Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    I never got that impression,

I got from AOTC that Padme was going to die, he gets peeved that he couldn't save her, whethershe slipped on a banana peel or getting stabbed by Dooku, no where does it state plot wise that anything Anakin did would be the cause of her death
    Last edited by TheMadHatter, Nov 30, 2012
  8. DarthRelaxus Chosen One

star 5
  9. TheMadHatter Jedi Grand Master

star 4
  10. DarthRelaxus Chosen One

star 5
  11. anakinfansince1983 Chosen One

star 7
    Yes, he did, and it was intended that Padme was "sending mixed messages" because at that point, she didn't know what the hell she wanted either.

I also don't think that Lucas intended for Anakin to be involved in Padme's death; I assumed that that scene was added after outcry during the first two prequels that Anakin was "not evil enough." In one of the Lucas interviews with Bill Moyers, Moyers asks about Padme's death and Lucas just shakes his head sadly, but I took that only to mean that Anakin's turn would relate to her death or some vision of her death--and I've assumed that to be the case since 1983, that Anakin turned in order to save someone.
  12. Arawn_Fenn Chosen One

star 7
    Outcry after TPM that 9-year-old Anakin was not evil enough is just stupid.
  13. -NaTaLie- Force Ghost

star 4
    Anakin didn't kill Padme (even with the force choke). It was his actions that led to her death.
  14. Felicia Jedi Knight

star 2
    It appeared to me that Padme had a lot of medical trauma from the pregnancy and from being force choked. She gave birth under extreme stress. It may not have been the choke itself that killed her but Anakin certainly did contribute to her stress.
  15. -NaTaLie- Force Ghost

star 4
    They did say that medically she was fine but lost the will to live. It wasn't very well done, IMO.
  16. StampidHD280pro Force Ghost

star 4
    The combination of the childbirth and the forcechoke muddies the actual reason for death, the broken heart, but you can't get rid of birthing sequence, and the choke is basically there for Anakin's misplaced guilt. That would have been the last time he saw or felt her, so he obviously would have played that tape in his head over and over again.
    Count Yubnub likes this.
  17. -NaTaLie- Force Ghost

star 4
    That's right, he'll be living with his guilt for the rest of his life.
Moderators: Bazinga'd