main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Padu, KY Pop Quiz - Main Characters Dismembered or Killed with a Lightsaber!

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by ED-VADER, Jul 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ED-VADER

ED-VADER Jedi Youngling star 1

May 26, 2006
    This is a "Per Episode" listing of "Main Characters" that were dismembered or killed
    with a lightsaber.

Do you know who is missing?

If so, please list the character name and the episode #.

Ep I Darth Maul cut in half & killed - Qui-Gon-Jinn run through & killed
    Ep II Zam Wesell looses arm in bar - Anakin Skywalker looses right arm
    Ep III Dooku looses both hands & killed - Anakin Skywalker looses left arm, legs & burned
    Ep IV Dude in Cantina looses arm - Obi-Wan is killed
    Ep V Luke looses right hand
    Ep VI Darth Vader looses right hand

2. pacervader

pacervader Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 27, 2005
    JANGO FETT: Beheaded by Mace Windu in EP11:AOTC

This next part is for TK8049
    Jango was the only main charector killed by Mace Windu,besides robots and a few nobodies, Mace does not live up to his rep. making him, in my opinion, only a token charector given screen time only to get a big name into the movies, discuss or argue. pv

3. TK8049

TK8049 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 3, 2006
    Mace Windu was an atomic bomb layin mf,mf.He was on the council.maybe even above yoda.Where is it written that he was 2nd behind Yoda? The most important members or leaders rarely get to fight but when Mace did fight he won.Killed Jango,Gave Grievous that nasty cough,beat Palpy which Yoda didnt/couldnt do.And really the only reason I'm arguing this is because you said Obi-Wan was a better jedi and thats just not true.BACK ME UP PEOPLE!!

4. nedfix

nedfix Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 2, 2006
    Mace Windu gets his right arm cut off by Anakin Skywalker in Ep.III before tossed out the window by The Emporer

5. TKYTROOPER

TKYTROOPER Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 18, 2005
    Mace is no Jules. Jules was the BMF, Mace was just the Jedi with "flair" you didn't see anyone else with a purple lightsaber did you? My vote goes with Obi-Wan.

Ponda Boba was the alien that lost his arm to OBI-WAN in the cantina in Ep 4.

6. SithMonger

SithMonger Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 1, 2005
    I believe those Tuskans that Anakin went Postal on in Episode II lost some heads and other parts (at least the one that is shown on screen). And as a group, I'd say the ol' Sandpeoples are main characters, no? Does that count?

And Grievous kept losing "appendenges" in E3 even if they weren't biological.

Deleted Scenes in Episode III has ShakTi being killed by Grievous even though we know Anakin really sliced her up.

And then there's that poor Clone in Episode III that Yoda climbed up on and stabbed with his lightsaber in front of the Jedi temple. All clones are brothers and definitely very important characters.

And, definitely not sure if this counts, but Luke cuts off Vader's head to reveal his own head on Dagobah in Ep V. Would that count as two main characters even it wasn't real.....or was it? I'm not sure I'll ever fully understand that scene.

And let's not forget the Wampa getting sliced by Luke in Ep V.

Now, in the novel, Kit Fisto, Mace's right hand man, got his smiling head lopped off by Palpy, but Lucas didn't show that in the film version of Episode III.

And here are my 2 cents. Mace was the baddest mf around but he was too worried about his image. When Anakin tells him about Palpy being the Sith, he's all "Whatchu talkin' bout, Ani?" I still say he landed just fine after the Emperor threw him out the window, grew his hair back, got a sweet pad and laid low for the rest of the Imperial Rule. He proabably mentored a young Lando on how to sweet talk the ladies - probably gave him the tip about wearing the cape because you never know when you gotta fly or be fly. Or he just decided to Walk the Earth...er...Coruscant. Beats hanging around Tatooine for 20 years aging twice as fast. But, yes, he did kill Jango - it took the combined effort of a blind smuggler, a Jedi, and a desert monster to take down the next Fett, but Mace handled the original with one fail swoop. Obiwan would have taken all day or just given up.

So that brings me to Obiwan's problem. That old man's too soft. Sure, when he was young he got a lucky shot on Darth Maul but Obi was out of control. Then Dooku showed no effort putting him down, twice. But after that, he only killed a cyborg and didn't even do it with his lightsaber. And, of course, we all know the only reason he was able to beat Anakin was because he had "the high ground." He let everyone else live, and Vader twice.

But Obi's the better swordsman, at least in Episode III, no doubt, but who's got time for that? Mace had no fuss about bringing death to the Emperor either, and Yoda knew Obiwan couldn't handle him any more than Yoda could. So my ultimate vote goes to Mace "L." Windu, for not mincing words or taking too much time, and looking cool doing it, and bringing in a little more flavor into the mix, even though he's the only character that looked the same in all 3 prequels, and widening the appeal of Star Wars to fans who may have never been.

Is he a better Jedi? Well, there may only be one way to settle this. Mace was only in 3 of the movies. Obiwan was in all 6. Anakin, as a jedi or sith, in 5, Yoda in 5, Palpy in 5, Luke (no babies counted) in 3 (which may throw off the logic here, but the rest of them are dead by the end of EpVI so it doesn't really matter, and there were supposed to be 3 more movies at one time), and other jedi in 3,2, or 1 movies. So, make your own conclusions, I'm just trying to confuse you. If you did read all of this, congradulations, you've now reached the end.

7. pacervader

pacervader Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 27, 2005
    Sithmonger, you have got to get out more man, lol pv

8. TKYTROOPER

TKYTROOPER Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 18, 2005
    After reading that my head hurts.........can't argue my Obi-Wan point...anymore......Guess.....Mace......is the.........baddest........

He would definately win in the Minis game.

I concede.

9. ice1138

ice1138 Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 15, 2005
    Don't forget about Commander Gree, the clone commander on Kashyyk, for those who don't know, who got decapitated by Yoda, along with his troops that were right there.

10. Lady_Padme_Organa

Lady_Padme_Organa Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 5, 2006
    My brain hurts. . . . and I'm supposed to be smart! But I must say that Obi-Wan is the better jedi. . . .don't ask why, or I'll go on for hours. . . . . .

11. rodan70

rodan70 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 1, 2002
    Wow, I know alot about Star Wars, but someone always knows something that I don't, like the whole commander on Kyysheek(and It's late and I can't spell) Obi Wan Rules!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.