main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sac, CA Popcorn Summer Movie Nerdfest 2009 Discussion Time Go!

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by TaintedJedi, Sep 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TaintedJedi

TaintedJedi Jedi Master star 4

Mar 2, 2004
    So... summer's pretty much over now and the latest popcorn movie season is coming to a close... thoughts? What did you like? Dislike? Were impressed by? Movies you wanted to see but didnt? Movies you think people should stay away from?

TJ's Best Summer Movie: Star Trek
    This should come as no surprise. Star Trek was a fabulous film from start to finish and I don't give two hoots about the "errors" or "continuity" issues. Abrams and his people channeled life into a stagnant franchise... the best thing that had going for it before the film was Warp 11. Now, Warp 11 is the second best thing going for it... (read: Star Trek XII)... and I couldn't be more excited about Lucas' very distinguished competitor.

The Better Luck Next Time Award: Terminator Salvation
    I really wanted this movie to be good. I really, really did. I can see the pieces there, they're just all horribly jumbled together. With the -ahem- Termination of the Sarah Connor Chronicles, a fifth movie is the only activity on the horizon for this franchise...

The Obligatory "Can't Touch This" Award: Up
    It's Disney and Pixar in top form about a topic they'd never touched on: getting old.

TJ's "Best Movie to see with friends... or under the influence" Award: GI Joe
    I Lol'd long and hard watching this with a friend - the entire film was a fantastic toy commercial with grown-ups playing "make believe"... and I wouldn't have it any other way. This is destined to be a treasure "Trash Film" staple in the coming years.

The OMG No they Didn't... yes they did! Award: District 9
    This movie's graphic violence and social commentary made me squirm. Lots. Very provocative, thoughtful look into the nuts and bolts of segregation, discrimination, and the like. A must see for adults and mature teens.

The "Oh yeah, that DID come out, didn't it?" Award: Harry Potter and the something something whatever thing
    I do want to get around to seeing this. How was it?

The "dear god make it stop" award... er... warning: Wolverine
    It's a trap!

2. TKJoker

TKJoker Jedi Youngling

Mar 7, 2009

OMG dude I love your posts. They always make me laugh. Especially your opinion of Wolverine. Meg and I lol'd!

3. JediDarkNight

JediDarkNight Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 24, 2005
    I'd have to say it's Abrams' Star Trek, was the best of the summer. Yes I did disagree with some of the continuity elements, but the characterisation and acting was done great and the movie was great within itself.

--JediDarkNight

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.