main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Popular websites/channels and their views on the PT

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Vidianefficiency, Nov 4, 2016.

1. Vidianefficiency

Vidianefficiency Jedi Master star 1

Feb 20, 2015
    Thread title changed - use this thread to discuss any large blog or channel or whatever and their views, positive or negative, on the PT

Right the Jedi Council show on YouTube is rather good, however their incessant prequel bashing every time the prequels are mentioned is getting really boring and annoying.

Ok we get it.... You don't like jar jar binks, however for some of us the prequels were fantastic... For instance I think ROTS is the best SW film I've ever seen...

Sent from my E5803 using Tapatalk

Darth Basin and Slicer87 like this.
  2. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    TFN/JCF has no affiliation with that channel despite this forum's coincidental homonymous nature. I can see this thread sort of becoming a general chat topic for it and possibly other PT-"bashing" sources if you wish, Vidianefficiency. Otherwise, I think this would ultimately lead to a lock. Your thoughts?

Sepra likes this.
  3. Darth Downunder

Darth Downunder Chosen One star 6

Aug 5, 2001
    Why not voice your protest in the YouTube comments of those videos? You're directing a complaint to the wrong people here.

KaleeshEyes, Huttese 101 and Dandelo like this.
  4. seventhbeacon

seventhbeacon Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 3, 2015
    Not familiar with it. Did a search. Is it on "Collider" channel?

Perhaps someone in the community can point to a similar group/video/podcast that is PT-inclusive and covers the same current events and news topics?

Huttese 101 likes this.
  5. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    The Jedi Council never do anything. Look at them, they spend all their time just sitting around having meetings:

[​IMG]

So lazy, they'll never get anything done. :p

6. Jcuk

Jcuk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2013
    Precisely. Pointless thread

7. Dandelo

Dandelo SW and Film Music Interview Host star 10 VIP - Game Host

Aug 25, 2014
    wait, there is a channel named "The Jedi Council" and they bash the PT...the only trilogy so far that has a for named 'Jedi Council' ?

huh...ironic.

8. Subtext Mining

Subtext Mining Jedi Master star 4

Apr 27, 2016
    ^ Kinda how it all works.

9. Seagoat

Jan 25, 2013
    Jcuk Please don't post such things, even if you do believe it

I see the potential for this thread to possibly become something like "Large channels" or other groups or whatever and their vocal views on the PT, positive or negative. It depends on if Vidianefficiency would like the thread to go that way. Otherwise, I'll be locking it

Subtext Mining likes this.
  10. Vidianefficiency

Feb 20, 2015
    tragic

Baron_Papanerd likes this.
  11. Vidianefficiency

Feb 20, 2015
    I've ignored the comment to be honest, I merely had an opinion on a show that purports to support the universe, I think what I said was balanced, it's a good show that ruins it for me (personal opinion) with the tactless way they slaughter a beloved part of the fandom.

I'm not posting on here to troll, but to see if I'm alone in my opinion

12. Seagoat

Jan 25, 2013
    I'm not accusing you of trolling. I'm only saying that it isn't a thing related to JCF or TFN in general. So as a result, it's probably something that should be discussed in "Why is the PT criticized?" unless you'd like this thread to become a general thread for popular sites that do negatively attack it. It's up to you if you'd like it to go that way. You'll find plenty of opinions either way

Sent from my C5155 using Tapatalk

13. Huttese 101

Huttese 101 Sam Witwer Enthusiast star 7

Jan 19, 2016
    Doubt it. They couldn't stop Palpatine.

jimkenobi, Darth Basin, Tonyg and 8 others like this.
  14. Slicer87

Slicer87 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 18, 2013
    The best thing to do is not watch them so they get less hits. Perhaps even message them about why you are stopping to watch them, though they probably won't care as PT bashing is the easy dark way to earn geek cred.

15. Seagoat

Jan 25, 2013
    Pretty much this

So Vidianefficiency, just to ask one more time - would you like this thread to be broadened to talk about any site/channel and their stances on the PT? Or shall we just lock this one up?

16. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Force Ghost star 6

Nov 28, 2015
    I'll stop it by sending the Anti-PT Squad and we'll roll up on their YouTube channel aND blast it to oblivion like a thousand Death Star Beams on Steroids.

El Jedi Colombiano likes this.
  17. Vidianefficiency

Feb 20, 2015
    Yes I agree, this thread can apply to any pt bashing content that seems to be the ""done thing" nowadays.

18. Vidianefficiency

Feb 20, 2015
    Do I amend my question?

19. Seagoat

Jan 25, 2013
    All taken care of, and the thread's good enough to sticky, imo. Thanks for answering

20. Cryogenic

Cryogenic Force Ghost star 5

Jul 20, 2005

It's sort of like all the people here over the years that have adopted prequel names and avatars, but have done nothing but bash the films.

Or, in a way, Disney, who bought six saga movies from George Lucas, then vigorously pursued a "retro" campaign and sought to distance the ST from the PT.

It's all fun and games, kids.

21. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Force Ghost star 6

Nov 28, 2015
    Red Letter Media- The PT's biggest fans

YouTube- Everyone loves the PT. I bet ya won't find one person there who won't mention them in every SW video EVER

OriginalTrilogy.com- Obviously the PT is the original films. Origins/Original? Duh. Therefore they all love them.

I can't stand the Prequel Appreciation Society. Biggest haters ever. Why do the prequels need to be appreciated when they are already the GOAT space opera films?

jimkenobi, Tonyg, Slicer87 and 2 others like this.
  22. Tonyg

Tonyg Jedi Master star 4

Jan 16, 2016
    This post made my day! Brilliant! [face_laugh]

P.S. Speaking seriously, the real PT lovers in Youtube become more and more daring. Maybe the coming of TFA gave them the courage they needed, I have no idea, but it is a fact.

23. Big_Benn_Klingon

Big_Benn_Klingon Jedi Master star 3

Nov 14, 2013
    If you really wanna get a sense of Collider's Jedi Council, watch their video regarding Simon Pegg's 'I have no respect for prequel fans' comments. They berate PT fans who were angry with Pegg's remarks and argue that he didnt actually disrespect them. How did the Jedi Council make that argument? They literally leave the part where he says "I have no respect for.." out of the quote! lol.

24. Seeker Of The Whills

Seeker Of The Whills Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    Why should anyone care what "Collider" has to say about ANYTHING? They're just a bunch of middle-aged fanboys desperately trying to pass off as something more legitimate and reputable.

25. Talos of Atmora

Talos of Atmora Force Ghost star 5

Jul 3, 2016
    "Hurr durr, remember how stupid it was when Chewie was killed by a moon, hurr durr?!"

That's their EU commentary in a nutshell. As for anything involving the PT, they really aren't much better. Their videos of them criticizing the PT while watching it is essentially, "Regurgitated Crap You've Read on Reddit for the Past Decade: Redundancy Edition". That's really the part about these channels that irks me to no end. They do this lazy and reductionist form of criticism that is utterly banal in its execution and depth. I've had more insightful discussion regarding this trilogy on this forum than from anything that came spewing of John Campea's lips or from any of the other mouthpieces on that channel.