main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Port Orange watches the Episode II

Discussion in 'Archive: Daytona Beach, FL' started by Forja-Bingbey, May 15, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Forja-Bingbey

Forja-Bingbey Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 12, 2002
    Hello Everyone,

I just wanted to share with you my thoughts on Episode II. I just finished watching it an I have to say that overall I'm a little let down. I went into work real early on my day off to work on our theatres promotion for the film, and guess what was sitting inside our lobby waiting for me... the print.

Needless to say I built it up asap and watched it with a friend of mine before we opened. Don't get me wrong-o I have much faith in Lucas on delivering on the goods as far as special effects and action are concerned, but this movie felt flat to me. I think that having the whole movie rest on the shoulders of a complete unknown was just poor planning on GL's part. I wish I had known Hayden from the first movie, it would have gave more weight to his actions in this movie.

Well, enough of my blabing... I have to get some sleep and pick-up my Jedi robe in the morning, bright and early.

I so glad that we have our very own board.

I still want to extend an invatation to anyone in the Daytona Beach area who might be willing to help out with working the crowds of people that will invade my theatre Thurs-Sun. If you costume, please PM me and we can talk. If you step forward fast enough, you might be able to make the next screening of the film tomorrow @ 8:00pm, 4 hours before the rest of the world, or at least on the Eastern Seaboard.

Goodnight All.

2. Jayna

Jayna Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 19, 2002
    I truly wish I could disagree with you, but my comments won't hold any weight until I actually see the movie. Do you have any idea how cool it is that you've seen it? Wow. I'm sorry that you felt let down. I hope I don't feel that way. I've been so psyched about this for so long!
    So are you saying that it really wasn't that great? In your opinion, do you think it was better than TPM? How sad!!! :(

3. LianaMara

LianaMara Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 30, 2000
    Really Forja? I hope its better than TPM, though.

About the helping at the theater thing (I'm too lazy to PM):
    I can't help out the 1st weekend. :( I have to be a waitress all weekend at a dinner theater my choir is putting on, so I'll be occupied all Sat. and Sun. I might be able to help next weekend, but I think it'd be too late. Sorry. :(

4. Forja-Bingbey

Mar 12, 2002
    Well Jayna, It just felt strange, I felt rushed. Believe it or not, I think TPM was a better structured film. This SW movie had the largest number of wipes/disolves out of the 5 thus far. I liked aspects of the film, but over all I feel let down.

Natalie Portman was so under used in this film. She's a very good actress for her age and she had hardly any juicy dialog. I liked Hayden as Anakin, I hope he can pull of the transition in Episode III. Ewan is always great, born to play Kenobi.

I'm really tired and need to sleep. I will explain more later.

5. Jayna

Jayna Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 19, 2002
    Well, now that I saw it, I can honestly say that I loved it. You really had me worried there for a moment. Perhaps it was a bit rushed, but there was so much packed into that movie; it was unbelievable. I thought the acting was great, and even the love scenes, which seem to be the most controversial, were totally believable to me. Attack of the Clones has climbed to the top of my list of favorite movies. I'm very sorry you felt let down, but I just can't imagine why.

6. SeaTrooper

SeaTrooper Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 21, 2001
    I loved it. It touched me emotionaly in so many ways, (Loss of a parent, loss of a few freinds, that first true love... lots's of butt kicking, overbearing father figure, etc...)
    Not to meantion it was just plain fun! I mean it was a blast and I've sen it everyday this week.
    I am glad you were fortunate enough to see it early FB. I can almost appreciate your veiws, and the timing in which you shared it. I have to disagree. I haven't felt like this since I saw ANH when I was 12.
    Buzz

7. Forja-Bingbey

Mar 12, 2002
    To see what little I did enjoy, check out my post in Darth Dion's thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.