Portal 2: Now with PS3!

Discussion in 'Games' started by Darth_Zandalor, Jun 15, 2010.

1. Darth_Zandalor Force Ghost

star 4
    The big man Gabe Newell himself has announced that not only will Portal 2 be on Xbox 360 and PC, but PS3 with dedicated Steamworks support as well.
  2. Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus

star 6
  3. Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One

star 8
  4. Zebra3 Force Ghost

star 5
    :eek:

Last I heard it wasn't going to be on the PS3.

This is indeed good, good news :D

[face_dancing]
  5. MarcusP2 Games and Community Reaper

Manager
    star 6
    When did they suggest it wasn't going to be? All Valve games have been released on the Playstation.
  6. zacparis VIP

star 7
    Not by Valve though.

Portal was all right, not that excited about having to do it all again though. :p
  7. Darth-Lando Chosen One

star 6
    Not Left 4 Dead or Left 4 Dead 2. Valve's two most recent games.
  8. Zebra3 Force Ghost

star 5
    That was what I remembered from the Portal 2 article from Game Informer and their special Portal 2 podcast from a couple of months ago.
  9. MarcusP2 Games and Community Reaper

Manager
    star 6
    They were Turtle Rock games (which was bought by Valve). :p

Anyways I was really only talking about the Half-Life + related games, since they're the only Valve games I've ever paid attention to. :p
  10. zacparis VIP

star 7
    The Orange Box was ported to PS3 by someone... EA? I think it was a surprise because Valve has largely ignored (sometimes even criticised) the PS3 up until now.
  11. MarcusP2 Games and Community Reaper

Manager
    star 6
    Gabe Newell actually called the PS3 a total disaster and utter rubbish. So I suppose it is surprising they are developing natively rather than porting, but its appearance on the PS3 at all isn't that unheard of.
  12. Nobody145 Force Ghost

star 4
    Someone other than the original developer ported the Orange Box to PS3, but it wasn't that good of a port, if I remember reviews right. I've really got to get around to playing through that game someday, whichever version runs decently (360 maybe).

Not that surprised that its going to be on the PS3, with the PS3 gaining momentum, so more multi-platform games. Was surprised it was part of Sony's briefing, as well as some of the other stuff they've mentioned (Steam?), and haven't kept up with that guy's comments. Although he alluded to his comments during the show, and mentioning Kevin Butler as VP of Sharpening Things was hilarious [face_laugh].
  13. Darth-Vassago Force Ghost

star 5
    Interesting that they said it [PS3] will be the best system to play Portal 2 on.

Never played the first, probably won't play this one. :p
  14. aesium Force Ghost

star 2
    I haven't played the first one, but this trailer makes me really interested.
  15. moosemousse CR - FF:UK South

Chapter Rep
    star 6
    If you haven't played the first then I highly recommend that you do so. Portal is one of the greatest games I've ever played. I don't really know how they can improve on it though. Still, I'm looking forward to it. :D
  16. Darth_Invidious Chosen One

star 5
    "I think we can put our differences behind us...for science...you monster".

Never have I words so full of lol and so chilling at the same time.
  17. Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus

star 6
  18. Sabre_11 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    A few friends of mine who have been playing Valve games for much longer than I have seem to think that Portal 2 is actually on a new engine, rather than an upgraded Source. According to them, it just doesn't look like Source. To be honest I think it still looks like Source, but what does everyone here think?
  19. Darth_Invidious Chosen One

star 5
    It seems to be running on an upgraded Source engine.
  20. Darth_Zandalor Force Ghost

star 4
    Most likely the next Source Engine. There was GoldSource, which was the Half Life 1 engine, followed by Source, the Half Life 2 engine, then Orange Box Source Engine, which runs Episode 2, Team Fortress 2, and Portal.

This is probably Source 2.0.

And Wheatley the morality core looks like a fun character.

Turret - "Hello? is anyone there?"

Wheatley - "No thank you! C'mon, don't look at her, just go, go go!"
  21. The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth

Manager
    star 10
  22. Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One

star 8
    94/100 from PC Gamer. Once again, ME WANT!
  23. Darth-Lando Chosen One

star 6
    Has anybody else been following GLaDOS@Home this weekend? It launched on Friday and all weekend has been counting down and updating the release time. Every time someone plays one of the selected indie games it gets counted towards pulling the release time earlier. It's only been pulled back 8 hours or so since it started but it's an interesting idea to get people to play small fun indie games that would otherwise be ignored.
  24. Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One

star 8
    Audiosurf is the only one I have and that's already complete. :p But yeah it's a very creative promotion.
  25. JEDI-SOLO Force Ghost

star 5
    Is this game good? Ive been getting a kick out of the trailers for it with the little robodudes.