1. The Jedi Council Forum Rules have been revised.

View the revisions here, and see the Communications thread for more details.

Portal 2: Now with PS3!

Discussion in 'Games' started by Darth_Zandalor, Jun 15, 2010.

1. Zebra3 Force Ghost

star 5
  2. Darth_Invidious Chosen One

star 5
    I'm intrigued by it, but I just don't know. I'd have to read some pretty spectacular reviews for me to consider it. But then I wasn't planning to buy Red Dead Redemption either and had dismissed it as Grand Theft Horsey. How wrong I was. [face_blush]
  3. Reynar_Tedros Force Ghost

star 6
    I doubt there will be a shortage.
  4. Darth_Invidious Chosen One

star 5
    We'll see. I've always been wary that LA Noire might be just a tad bit too ambitious in many areas, so I guess we'll find out soon if that's the case. If it happens to be as golden as advertised, that's all good because (getting back on topic) I beat Portal 2 yesterday and I'll probably need something new soon to replace it. I shouldn't have spoiled myself before and, even so, I messed up on what should've been a ridiculously easy boss battle a couple of times. But the humor and voice work done by the cast makes it worth every single penny.

Now if I could only find good players to carry me through, er, I mean, do coop with...
  5. Reynar_Tedros Force Ghost

star 6
    360 or PS3?
  6. Darth_Invidious Chosen One

star 5
    360. Though I have a spare controller, certain puzzles are impossible to do without a partner moving/acting at the same time. Wish I could get my wife involved in this but I fear pig will fly first instead. That and split screen sucks.
  7. -Gundark- Jedi Grand Master

star 4
  8. Darth_Invidious Chosen One

star 5
    Yeah, that ending was pretty sweet...but here I was hoping GLADos would've mellowed out a bit after that. But no, she decided to remain a messed up evil @$#+! Oh well, I suppose she would've lost some of her...charm...otherwise.
  9. Reynar_Tedros Force Ghost

star 6
    Anyone else here starting to look at their surroundings and imagining where to pop portals for the coolest results? Or is that just me...
  10. The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth

Manager
    star 10
    [image=http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa163/The2ndQuest/Misc/PortalGunError.jpg]

Ok, my portal gun still needs some work...
  11. Darth-Lando Chosen One

star 6
    I was doing that on a walk to a hockey game the other night! I kept thinking "Pop one there...pop one there, get up there, jump there, one more portal on the ground and boom: I'm across the street!"
  12. TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod

star 10
    Thinking with portals is so interesting, or rather not thinking with them if you have them. In Youtube videos of gameplay and in co-op, I keep seeing people walk across entire freaking rooms when they could get there in 5 steps thanks to portals. Thinking With Portals Fail :p
  13. Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One

star 8
    I think I'm getting close to finishing but I just wanted to say that this might be the only game that simultaneously makes me feel very smart and very dumb. :p
  14. Reynar_Tedros Force Ghost

star 6
    I spent a good 30-45 minutes in the last test chamber and felt like a total idiot when I finally figured it out.

Also, after enjoying Portal 2, I went back and tried Portal: Still Alive again to see if maybe my opinion would change on it. It didn't. I still hate that game.
  15. Darth_Invidious Chosen One

star 5
    Is Portal: Still Alive just a standalone version of the first game or just a collection of challenges to complete?
  16. Reynar_Tedros Force Ghost

star 6
    It's a standalone version of the original Portal with a bunch of new challenge maps.
  17. Darth_Invidious Chosen One

star 5
    So let me get this straight Reynar: you enjoyed Portal 2 but hated Portal 1?! What fault could you possibly find in it to hate it??
  18. Reynar_Tedros Force Ghost

star 6
    Portal 2 feels like a much more refined version of Portal with bigger and better challenges. The first one had horrific pacing, with some chambers taking fifteen minutes to complete because of slow moving platforms. Everything just feels slower, duller, and clunkier compared to 2, and not nearly as entertaining. Portal will always be a crap game for me, but I have to give props to Valve for turning me into a fan of 2.
  19. Zebra3 Force Ghost

star 5
  20. Darth_Invidious Chosen One

star 5
    :eek:

Sir, to be honest I am astounded. No, not astounded: shocked beyond words! You seem to be in a minority of one here, calling Portal a "crap game".

Unbelievable. Next thing you'll say is that KOTOR is passable.

[face_not_talking]

21. moosemousse CR - FF:UK South

Chapter Rep
    star 6
    So if I was to get Portal on my 360 I'd be better off getting Still Alive than Orange box? I'm not really interested in getting the other games in Orange box, tbh.
  22. Darth_Invidious Chosen One

star 5
    Then you'd be doing yourself a serious disservice by dissing the Orange Box, especially if you haven't played Half-life 2 or it's pseudo-sequel "episodes". The Orange Box is the best package of video games in the history of the genre, and it's so cheap now you can get it for a song.
  23. moosemousse CR - FF:UK South

Chapter Rep
    star 6
    I already have the Orange Box for the PC and I think it's great, but I don't play Team Fortress as it is and I haven't even got HL2 installed right now, so I would just be buying it for Portal.
  24. Zebra3 Force Ghost

star 5
    So, you've already got Portal from the PC version of The Orange Box? Why buy it again for the 360?
  25. Darth_Invidious Chosen One

star 5
    I know I wouldn't, especially since the PC Orange Box version offers a better package than any console version (i.e. updated versions of the games therein). Just D/L Portal one and play it from your PC, moosemousse.