main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Oregon Portland Comic Book Show

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by jawafett, Sep 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jawafett

jawafett Oregon Fanforce Chapter Rep star 3

Mar 13, 2003
    Hello from OregonFF. We will have a Table at the Oct.12th Portland Comic Book Show. It would be a great opportunity to gather the members and meet there. We have fliers to hand out promoting the Oregon FanForce site and encourage people to join. I will have my personal computer to use as a display showing various SW related items. Lots of stuff to add to your collection can be found at this 3 times a year show. OCT.12th 10am-5pm, Memorial Coliseum Exhibit Hall, Rose Qtr.Portland, Or.

2. jawafett

Mar 13, 2003
    The fliers are made and printed up. I have to cut them up as they are 3 per sheet of paper, Thanks Vengence, which cut down my personal budget for spending on/at the show. Awesome! I hope everyone can make it there. See ya.-e

3. jawafett

Mar 13, 2003
    This is it! Hope everyone has saved up to buy those elusive Clone Wars figures. Stop by the table, grab some fliers and have a good time. Exposure means more members, more conversations, and more Star Wars...

4. jedi1701a

jedi1701a Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 1, 2002
    i can't wait to meet u all at the show i have been a memberfor a while just not a heavy poster (i hope to chang that) well see u all there tomorow mtfbwy brad

5. jawafett

Mar 13, 2003
    Well if you didn't go, you missed the best collectors show Portland has seen in a long time. I had set up the table(by myself), had my computer to show fanfilms and stuff, and a photo album of my collection, and the fliers to offer people. Cool stuff. Had lots of visitors and best of all, a new friend. Barry Andrews, a Vader costumer, showed up in full Vader. Awesome! He is with the Cloud City Garrison, guys who dress up as Imperial Stormtroopers. Very nice guy. Thanks Barry, you made the day! Lots of children are not afraid of Darth Vader anymore...I picked up some cool goodies before the show statred. I bought the new Lt.Dannl Faytonni, 2 new Star Tours figures, and a Disney Star Tours Parade Float Figurine. Plus a new Boba Fett T-Shirt. Saw lots of the Clone Wars figures and the Unleashed Big Figures. Nice stuff. Met Bounty Scum, cool. Had a great time, wished more members would have shown up...Next show is next March'04, See ya there...

6. cindy_skywalker

cindy_skywalker Jedi Youngling

Oct 13, 2003
    Thank you for being at this years comic show. I go every year. I am new because i found you through the table. It was great seeing Darth Vader there. Thank you for the treat! God bless , Kristina,,, aka Cindy Skywalker

7. Jedi_Kai

Jedi_Kai Jedi Padawan star 4

May 27, 2001
    Good job jawafett!

I might have come down from Seattle but I caught a cold.

8. jawafett

Mar 13, 2003
    Post your names if you went. I know I saw Bounty Scum, and Cindy Skywalker (new member), welcome to all the New Members. Hope you stay around and Talk Star Wars...

9. Bounty_Scum

Bounty_Scum Jedi Master star 1

Oct 23, 2002
    I was there and it was nice meeting you Jawafett. wish i didnt get there so late though. oh well it was cool.

10. Darth_Dave_PDX

Darth_Dave_PDX Jedi Youngling

Sep 26, 2003
    Dang... I'm a dork... I went to the Coliseum on Saturday! I was wandering around thinking "Where's all the comic books and stuff?"

Doh!

Security there was almost non-existant... They were prepping the arena for the Winterhawks game that night... I could have just walked out on to the ice without anyone knowing... and the temptation for me to do it was great, but I walked away... LOL

I would have come back on Sunday, but I had a prior appointment with my friends... I hope to have better luck meeting you guys next time!

~Dave

11. jedi1701a

jedi1701a Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 1, 2002
    i was there think i was one of the fist to stop by the tabe and say hi and i wasupset i went in with 60 cae out with 50 this time the picking were small i always go broke but in feb theres the seattle comiccon and iam saving up for it

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.