main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Everett, WA Portland Road trip! Dates disscussed here

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by DarthBreezy, Oct 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    OK guys - they are selling HOURLY tickets to the Star Wars exhibit - at the meeting last night we were tentaively planning the weekend of the 18th. We need to start planning our trip, and choose the time we want to go.

NOTE: If anyone wants to ride with me you will be subjected to a side trip to Hood river and the Carousel Museum on one of the days which will be an addtional 5$ donation plus a bit of hanging around. Also, a stop at Jantzen beach mall (no sales tax in oregon!)

I'll either have my new car or a rental at that time....

2. Cliodna_ben_Lhee

Cliodna_ben_Lhee Jedi Master star 4

Jul 4, 2003
    that would be October 18th :)
    We also want to know whose going who is going to stay overnight, so we can know how many rooms to book. I will see if I can do a search for hotels nearby before I go into surgery tomorrow

3. Cliodna_ben_Lhee

Jul 4, 2003
    to help with the planning, here is a link to the OMSI webpage and their address
    http://www.omsi.edu/starwars/

1945 SE Water Avenue
    Portland, OR 97214-3354

4. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002
    Omsi is easy to get to from anywhere aorund Portland - just so you know -

And it's NOVEMBER 18thish that we're looking at.

5. InvaderSil

InvaderSil Jedi Youngling

Jan 11, 2006
    Hmm, I'll be in Oregon up until the 14th. I don't know I want to go back so soon. On top of that whole "need money" thing which I always seem to find myself in.

6. Cliodna_ben_Lhee

Jul 4, 2003
    ack! I was actually thinking November when I typed October. Blame it on nerves over my then upcoming surgery

7. loosewire

loosewire Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 30, 2006
    Good luck with your surgery, Cliodna. :)

8. Cliodna_ben_Lhee

Jul 4, 2003
    This is going to come up on us real fast, we need to decide on a place to stay the night, how many of us are going for sure? I would like to make reservations somewhere soon, so please post if you are going by wednesday of next week (11/1/2006)
    I looked up the location of the OMSI on mapquest and asked for hotels nearby. here is that list

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?formtype=address&latlongtype=findit&address=1945%20Se%20Water%20Ave&city=Portland&state=OR&zipcode=97214%2d3356&country=US&latitude=GqOI5%2fuf%2flzg7F%2bBKZVqHA%3d%3d&longitude=50ryDW0ycOXq%2b0NNI%2fJhNg%3d%3d&cat=Hotels

(you may have to cut and past the link)

there is a marriot and it is about 180 a night but that is for 2 doubles.

I will start calling from the list and ask for rates based on four adults (so far I only know for sure that marloe, paulie and myself are going)

9. Cliodna_ben_Lhee

Jul 4, 2003
    I also did a diffferent search through the portland visitors sight and found a package deal at the Paramount hotel for a room with 2 queen size beds for $189 a night, it's a little farther from the OMSI but not by much, it's a 5 minute drive away

PARAMOUNT HOTEL
    808 SOUTHWEST TAYLOR STREET , PORTLAND, OR
    This casual, intimate hotel is located in the heart of downtown Portland near Schnitzer Concert Hall, Art Museum , Performing Arts Center, Pioneer Square shopping, restaurants, and MAX Light rail and trolley. Featuring optional room upgrades with jetted tubs and enclosed glass showers or balcony.

here is another option six minutes away at the
    RESIDENCE INN BY MARRIOTT - DOWNTOWN AT RIVERPLACE
    2115 SOUTHWEST RIVER PARKWAY , PORTLAND, OR
    Downtown?s newest all-suite hotel, located on the waterfront in Portland?s vibrant RiverPlace District. Indoor pool and spa. Exercise room.
    It?s a little pricier (10 dollars more a night)
    199.0 USD
    Two Bedroom Suite
    Big Deal rate for two bedroom suite. Suite includes one king bed, one queen bed, 2 baths, fully equipped kitchen and living area. Rate includes complimentary breakfast and parking.

And yet another option, but it only has 2 doubles, but it is a bit cheaper

HILTON PORTLAND & EXECUTIVE TOWER
    921 SOUTHWEST SIXTH AVENUE , PORTLAND, OR
    In the heart of downtown's citycenter, one block from Nordstrom, Pioneer Courthouse Square, and MAX Light Rail. Hotel entails two restaurants and a Full-Service Athletic Club with indoor pool/jacuzzi,sauna,steam, and extensive cardiovascular equipment.

174.00 USD
    Newly Renovated Main Building Guestroom - 2 Double beds
    The Portland Big Deal Package features a standard accommodation in our Main Building that includes parking and continental breakfast for two. Parking is limited to our Main Building garage only.

Frankly, I?d rather go for a room with bigger beds, since I don?t want to try and squeeze two of us into a smaller bed, since the rooms only have two beds, now, there is another option here where we could book two rooms and each get our own twin bed

DAYS INN - CITY CENTER
    1414 SOUTHWEST SIXTH AVENUE , PORTLAND, OR
    Heart-of-downtown location. Full American breakfast. Walk to shops, parks, theaters, MAX and streetcar. Full-service restaurant/lounge. Complimentary health club. On-site parking.
    Region: Downtown Portland

99.0 USD
    Traditional Non-Smoking 2 Twin beds
    Enjoy a view of the city or a view of our pool from the comfort of your room. Free access to 24 Hour Fitness adjacent to the hotel.

10. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002
    I've found them as low as 40$ per night if you aren't worried about luxery, just a clean place to stay.

Also, if it's only the threee of us, we could take my car with the understanding that I have to make a side trip (probably on Saturday so we could do the exhibit sunday early) that either you could come with me to see Hood River or fart around Portland itself (which is a Very cool city).

It would mean leaving VERY early Sat AM (say about 7) and arriving back in Everett sunday evening.

11. Cliodna_ben_Lhee

Jul 4, 2003
    40 dollars a night doesn't sound like it would be very clean, the last place I stayed that was that cheap was a very scary place. But we can look for something a bit cheaper than what I found

12. dragonmar

dragonmar Jedi Youngling star 2

May 30, 2003
    Hi Cate; Mary and Lenny are planning on going with us on the 18th unless something comes up. We could stay outside Portland at a nice place for not to much. Mary and Lennie could either get their own room or we could get a suite somewhere that would not be to much if we split it 5 ways. Let me know what you think we I see you tomorrow. Cate you can call me at home in the morning after 9:00 and let me know what time you and Paulie are coming to pick me up on Saturday.

13. Cliodna_ben_Lhee

Jul 4, 2003
    I would also be willing to chip in a little extra to have a better room.

We can work on more specifics at our next meeting, which BTW, see the other thread I started about that, LOL!

14. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002
    These are places like Travel Lodge and such, and are a few miles outside of Portland, honestly, they aren't flea pits or the like.

I DO know of a flea pit in Hazel Dell (10 miles North of Portland) though - 20$ Per night - shared shower, wet carpet and bring your own bleach... [face_thinking]

Edit: Here's a good one - reasonable and clean : rodeway

15. Cliodna_ben_Lhee

Jul 4, 2003
    Time and locale are official now
    Three of us have already bought our tickets for 1pm on sunday, November 19th.
    We'll be driving down on saturday to see some portland sights and then we'll be staying the night here:
    http://www.hojo.com/HowardJohnson/control/Booking/property_info?propertyId=17645&brandInfo=HJ&cid=4442171

and then going to the museum on sunday and then head for home

I found out that Orycon is also that weekend, I am going to look into maybe spending some time there on Saturday, since Paulie has some business to take care of nearby that day and I may be all on my own:-B

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.