Portland Science of Star Wars Exhibit

Discussion in 'Seattle, WA' started by AmmersVI, Sep 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AmmersVI Jedi Master

star 4
    This is coming up to our neighborhood pretty soon!
    http://www.omsi.edu/starwars/?thumbURL=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Eomsi%2Eedu%2Fstarwars%2F
    Tickets are $15 for the museum including the exhibit and $5 for the Millennium Falcon Ride.
  2. JediYvette Pacific RSA emeritus

star 6
    Awesome!!

I am really excited about this. :D
    Any good days we can go?
  3. Rishadq Jedi Knight

star 1
    KEWL!!! [face_dancing]

I think we're trying to spark up a thread on Meetup.com to get some people to go. How about an end-of-year roadtrip down to Portland to check it out? Mid-December or so?

What are you guys considering?

Q

4. JediYvette Pacific RSA emeritus

star 6
    Mid-December would be hard since its the peak of retail shopping. Unless I know pretty quick so I can ask for the day off in advance.
  5. Rishadq Jedi Knight

star 1
    Mid-November? Before Thanksgiving?

6. JediFarfy Force Ghost

star 4
    I can't request time off November or December. Plus, I doubt I'd get a weekend day off. Retail holiday season is tough.

JediFarfy
  7. DetShogan Jedi Knight

star 3
    even if I get the Web dept job I'll be luck if I could as well
  8. JediYvette Pacific RSA emeritus

star 6
    I'll try to find out when the Oregon FF is going and maybe we can adjust our schedules to fit their trip. :)
    Would Mid-Week be easier to plan for? It would be much more likely I would have a weekday off then the weekends.
  9. crashdown Force Ghost

star 4
    This is going to be great !! We are very excited. Some of us who are in the 501st or Rebel Legion will be in costume, as OMSI volunteers.

The Oregon FF is looking into getting a group rate, if they have them. This is a very popular show, OMSI is recommending getting tickets in advance, or you will have to stand in line for quite a while. They are going to have a tent out in front for the line (can hold about 200 people). If you alread have tickets you can get into the faster line. Each ticket is only good for a two hour window, so you can't stay there all day. But it's still worth a visit.
  10. JediYvette Pacific RSA emeritus

star 6
    Thanks for the info! Just keep us informed so we can plan accordingly, please. Some members need know pretty far in advance for days to be requested off.
  11. crashdown Force Ghost

star 4
    No problem.

The Opening day is October 11th, and it runs till January 1st. I will start taking to OFF members to see how would be intreasted in a group event.

Cheers,
    CrashDown
  12. crashdown Force Ghost

star 4
    There are already several Oregon members who whould like to attend the OMSI Exhibit with your group. Is ther any particular days you are thinking about? By the way, OMSI is not allowing anyone in costume into the exhibit. Only OMSI volunteers from the 501st or the Rebel Legion can be in costume:eek: . FYI on that one........Yes, it was hard for me to believe also.
  13. JediYvette Pacific RSA emeritus

star 6
    Awww... well I don't think anyone was planning on attending in costume anyways so it should be okay.

From the sound of it, a week day would be best. I can't speak for everyone, but as long as I have enough time to ask for time off, any day should be okay. :)
    December and later part of November will be hard to get off though.
  14. JumpinJax Jedi Knight

star 2
    14th :) Already got tickets.
  15. crashdown Force Ghost

star 4
    Week day? We assumed that you guys would be comming down on a week end.

Right now we are talking about getting a group together on the 22nd (i think). If you want to come down on the 14th, we may also be able to get some people together. Keep us informed.
  16. JediYvette Pacific RSA emeritus

star 6
    If I ask for it now, the 22nd will be do able. I'll wait and see others' responses before saying anything remotely definate though. :)
  17. micdavis Force Ghost

star 4

I have been asked to be on an R2 Building panel at the OMSI on the 14th.

So I will be going that day. Anybody want to ride along? I will likely be there all day.

18. Jedi_Kai Jedi Master

star 4
    I'll be working as a costumed volunteer all weekend 14th and 15th.

had my vol. orientation today. WE even got to SEE the exhibit....we could only stand just inside the door as it is a construction zone. Couldn't take any photos there but here are a couple:

http://public.fotki.com/Kait/star_wars/star-wars-from-scie/

here are some official photos of some of the interesting exhibits
    http://www.omsi.edu/info/pr/photos.cfm?currenttopicID=32

Opening Weekend is going to be a blast. They are giving us a prime area to have our info table. We also just get to walk around the exhibit in costume for the visitors to enjoy!
  19. Maco_Star Jedi Knight

star 2
    I would like to go on the 14th...I have the weekend off. What time are you thinking about leaving on saturday. I think Amy wanted to go also...let me know.
  20. AmmersVI Jedi Master

star 4
    Yup the 14th is good~ I can't wait to try out the Falcon!
  21. DetShogan Jedi Knight

star 3
    too late to request the 14th off, but I still can request the 22nd.
  22. Maco_Star Jedi Knight

star 2
    some stuff came up and I wont be able to go on the 14th...sorry...my fault I should have confirmed this before commiting
  23. JediYvette Pacific RSA emeritus

star 6
    It looks like the 14th would be hard for me... but if a few of us want to go the 22nd, I don't see why we can't go in two groups. :)
  24. AmmersVI Jedi Master

star 4
    I can do weekends. I guess I'll just wait and see what everyone comes up with.
  25. Rishadq Jedi Knight

star 1
    I *might* be up for the weekend of the 22nd, but next weekend is all booked for me unfortunately.

Q
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.