main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Portman nominated for Oscar

Discussion in 'Archive: Ann Arbor, MI' started by Idgie, Jan 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Idgie

Idgie Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 17, 2001
    I don't usually put much stock in award shows,but it's still cool.Good to see Johnny Depp get nominated too. [face_dancing]

Oscar nominees

2. Idgie

Idgie Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 17, 2001
    I have somewhat mixed feelings about Natalie as an actress.On the hand,I think that she is talented and I really could not see anyone else besides her playing the part of Padme,but some of her negativity towards SW over the last few years has rubbed me the wrong way and made me less interested in following her career outside of SW.

Nevertheless,it's nice to see any of the SW cast get some positive recognition for their talents. :)

3. Morrigan_McKnight

Morrigan_McKnight Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 19, 2002
    I'm a big Natalie fan since her first film, The Professional.

I wonder if she just didn't realize what she was getting herself into when she signed on for the movies. She also made the decision that when she started college SW was the only films she would work on. Maybe she just got burnt out on it and wanted to move on. Even if that is the case she should be professional in public about the projects she is involved with. I don't listen to the media much so I'm not sure what she has said about the SW project over the last few years.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.