main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Portrait of a Queen: Sabe's Story (pre, TPM, after)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Amidolee, Aug 12, 1999.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi Master Jenn

Jedi Master Jenn Jedi Youngling

Mar 10, 2000
    You're doing such a wonderful job with this story!!!
    Please post much much more

2. Amidolee

Amidolee Jedi Master star 5

Jan 8, 2000
    I've seen pics from the parade scene, and Sabe was definately sneaking glances at Kenobi! At the time, Kiera was only 14 and I think Ewan was either 25 or 26. Exactly the age of Amidala and and Obi-Wan in TPM, and there's supposedly going to be a luv triangle in Ep2. But I say Obi should stiff the Queen and let that brat have her and go after a brilliant women like Sabe!!

Thought: If Sabe had been the real Queen and Amidala her decoy, just think how much better TPM and EP2 would be???

We better be seing more of Kiera Knightly (Sabe) in the next movie!

3. Alderaan21

Alderaan21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 1998
    Another great installment. Hmm, I wonder what Sabé will be doing? Who she'll meet?

For once I agree-- except I don't think there'll be a triangle, or that Ani's a brat. Obi should leave his paws off of Amidala; there's no fruit for a good romance there anyway. I have no doubt we'll see more of Sabé... she is the Queen's decoy and best friend, after all. I'm sure they've got some important purpose for her up their sleeves... whether it's the one I'd like to see is another story.

4. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    Using her datapad to locate the senate chamber, Sabe? had walked through skywalks, been shot through turbolifts, and climbed great ramps to reach the main building in the Senate complex. Sabe? found herself in a great lounge next to the great Senate chamber that was flowing with sentient life forms from all over the galaxy. She had never seen so many cultures and species at once.

The lounge was set up to have holo-ids of the proceedings within the Senate. The hub-bub was dim as they listened to the session in progress. Sabe? observed that the lounge occupants ranged from respected Republic citizens to delegates and bureaucrats. Clerks included.

Sabe? situated herself at a small table, making sure it was near a pair of Neimiodians she had spotted. Glancing at the holo-vid, the handmaiden saw that Queen Amidala was rising from her senate box. Sabe? recognized the angry edge in her friend?s voice as she spoke out in the vast chamber.

"I will not defer," Queen Amidala announced strongly. The lounge quieted to listen. "I have come before to resolve this attack on Naboo sovereignty now. I was not elected Queen to watch my people suffer and die while you discuss this invasion in a committee. If the chancellor is not capable of certain action, I suggest new leadership is needed."

The lounge was dead quiet. Sabe? stared wide-eyed at the holo-vid in astonishment as Queen Amidala said her last words. "I move for a vote of no confidence in Supreme Chancellor Valorum."

The lounge erupted into a roar, some protesting while others agreed. Arguments broke out as opposing sides exchanged heated words. Sabe? sat silently, staring at Amidala?s white-painted face. Her eyes staring boldly straight ahead. Sabe? glanced at Senator Palpatine, who was at the Queen?s side. The senator exchanged a look with the Neimiodian Senator. Sabe? stiffened. Had it been her imagination, or had the Neimiodian nodded?

Amidala?s spotlight was taken as the motion was seconded by other Senators. The shouting in the lounge began to dim, but the occupants were far from content. Sabe? tuned into the conversations, appearing to be studying her datapad.

". . . I?ve been waiting for this. . . naive, doesn?t understand what she?s doing. . . out of line. . . about time this happened. . ."

Sabe? blocked most of the voices out and concentrated on the two Neimiodians near her. They seemed particularly pleased, talking quietly with obvious enthusiasm. Their voices were low, and Sabe? found herself leaning ever-so-slightly in their direction to hear.

". . . going better than we expected," the Neimiodian dressed in dark green robes was murmuring.

"The Viceroy is most confident," the other replied. he was garbed in orange and blue hues.

"It was a bold move," the first said. "And I don?t believe, Jok Gniti, that he is truly in control."

"He has Naboo," Gniti protested. "And the Senate will not be concerned."

"The fact that the Federation is being manipulated by a cult leader just proves how we can?t be too confident in the Viceroy!"

Sabe? was intrigued to the point where she wasn?t shocked or angry at the Trade Federation. A cult leader? What cult? Was the Trade Federation?s Viceroy somehow connected to a cult? Sabe? wanted to know more. If she was lucky, she might be able to uncover the whole plot! Excitement filled her, making her nose itch. Then, a sudden feeling of dread came over her. She was going to sneeze. Trying to hold it off long enough to get away, Sabe? picked up her datapad and headed for the nearest exit. She had to pass the Neimiodians? table-and sneezed.

The Neimiodians stared at her and she looked back in horror. The two delegates shared a suspicious look before turning their orange accusing eyes on the ?clerk?.

"I-I?m so sorry!" Sabe? exclaimed, cheeks flaming.

"You must be more careful, clerk," Gniti warned coldly.

"Yes sir," Sabe? nodded. She turned away from the threatening tone. she could feel their eyes boaring into her back as she exited the lounge.

There was a recess called and Sabe? quickly lost herself in the mingling crowd. She had

5. The Musical Jedi

The Musical Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 13, 1999
    I decided to check this out from the reference in Ultra Stressed Jedi, and this is wonderful! I really like the idea of Sabe's point of view! Bravo!

6. Queen Sabé

Queen Sabé Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 3, 1999
    Amidolee, I love this story! Very interesting. Sabé is a great character, isn't she!?!? I have long been an advocate of the Sabé/Obi-Wan romance, so I can't wait to see what happens.

7. TheLastApocalypse

TheLastApocalypse Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 3, 1999
    Please post more!

(And afterwards, could you please take a look at Flowers? Forum16/HTML/000099.html Forum16/HTML/000099.html 'Fanks!)

8. JediKnight-Obi-Wan

JediKnight-Obi-Wan Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 13, 2000
    I just wanted to let you know I REALLY like this story.
    I just realized I hadn't posted to tell you so, and I know how discouraging it can be not to get a lot of replies back. So I admit. I've been a lurker here. LOL

9. Shadowen

Shadowen Jedi Youngling star 3

May 11, 1999
    Love this story. Post more soon. And while you're at it, take a look at the "What if Anakin Skywalker hadn't been turned?" thread.

Look out, Jedi Council...Shadowen's advertising!!

10. Yané of Naboo

Yané of Naboo Jedi Master star 2

Aug 21, 1999
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Geneva,Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>TLA, i'm working on other fics that I'll post soon, but the next handmaiden one I'll do will probably be Yane or Sache!

I, for one, would love to read a Yané fan fic.

11. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    Chapter Six

"You must tell the Jedi," Amidala declared as she listened to Sabe? relay to her the Neimiodians? conversation. "The being who attacked Master Jinn may be linked to this ?cult?."

Sabe? frowned. "Yes, you must."

"Me?" Amidala said. "But you heard them."

"Obi-Wan might recognize me, even without the guise," explained Sabe?. "It might cause him to wonder why the Queen was out spying."

"Very true," Amidala agreed. "I?ll have to tell them." Before turning to leave, the Queen gave her friend a small smile. "Be patient, Sabe?. We?ll reach Naboo soon."

During the hyperspace jump, Sabe? and Eirtae? had taken turns at Amidala?s side. If all three handmaidens were present, the boy and Qui-Gon might notice that none of them were Padme?-and that would make four handmaidens. Within their shadowed hoods, Sabe? and Eirtae? could pass as the same person. A Sabe?/Padme? trade-off would have worked even better, except for the fact that Amidala wanted to remain the Queen for the rest of the journey.

Eirtae? came in, ready to switch places again. Sabe? gave the girl a smile before following Amidala into the throne chamber. Captain Panaka was seated in the room. He nodded at Amidala as she took her place at the throne.

"Captain," Amidala said. "I would like to speak with the Jedi." She glanced at Sabe?. "There is something we need to discuss."

The Captain looked intrigued, but said nothing as he left to find the two Jedi. A few minutes later, Sabe? felt the tingle before the younger Jedi entered. He bowed before the Queen.

"Where is Master Jinn?" Amidala questioned.

"Meditating, Your Highness," Obi-Wan replied neutrally. "He shall be here shortly."

Sabe? noted the Jedi?s controlled tone, but felt as if something was bothering the Padawan. Obi-Wan had not been in the best of moods ever since they had left Coruscant. Qui-Gon entered a moment later. Obi-Wan gave him a small nod before turning his attention back to the Queen.

Amidala gazed at both Jedi, noticing their cold demeanor towards one another. She ignored it. "While on Coruscant," Amidala began. "I sent one of my handmaidens on an errand. She overheard two Neimiodians discussing the blockade. My handmaiden informs me they mentioned something about the Federation being in control with a cult leader."

Qui-Gon?s face remained impassive, while Obi-Wan stiffened. The Jedi glanced at each other, then back at the Queen. Sabe? had the feeling that the Jedi weren?t surprised. It was almost as if they had been expecting it.

Amidala noted this as well. "You don?t seemed surprised."

The Jedi Master seemed to chose his words carefully. "We have reasons to believe the dark attacker on Tatooine was a Sith Lord."

Sabe? sucked in her breath. Obi-Wan glanced at her curiously. Qui-Gon looked her way as well, then returned to Queen Amidala. "Have you ever heard of the Sith, Your Highness?" Qui-Gon asked.

Amidala glanced at Sabe?. "What do you know of the Sith, Handmaiden?"

The Jedi turned to Sabe? and studied the cloaked girl. Sabe? took a deep breath. "They were the enemies of the Jedi," she said slowly. "Dark-side users. But they?ve been distinct for over a millennium." Raising her head, Sabe? stared at Qui-Gon. "Do you really believe you were attacked by a Sith?" Fascination and fear filled her. The Sith were not to be tangled with, from what Sabe? had read and researched. She had thought they had killed each other off in their lust for power.

The Jedi Master stared back at her, his blue eyes studying her intently. "How much do you know of the Sith?"

"Not a lot, Master Jedi," answered Sabe?. She though a moment. "There weren?t many resources. I basically only know enough that I wouldn?t want to meet one very bad." She frowned. "Aren?t they dead though? I thought the Jedi destroyed them."

The Jedi Master did not answer, for Captain Panaka entered the chamber. "We are coming out of hyperspace, Your Highness."

The chamber was suddenly filled with the Naboo. Sabe? saw the Gungan, Jar Jar Binks, close to the wall, trying to become invisible. Amidala

12. Shadowen

May 11, 1999
    No offense, but I think the proper word is "extinct". You'd think Sabé would know something like that.

13. JediFinrod

JediFinrod Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 4, 2000
    I'm just now getting into this thread, and I really like it!

I'll also take this opportunity to mention that I love your "Ultra-Stressed Jedi Students" posts too. Those Obi-Cali antics are so cute!

14. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    The funny thing about that little thing you mentioned is that when I looked back at my notebook where the story is originally written, she does say extinct, but when I was typing I guess I just didn't look close enough. redface.gif

Thank you for the compliments on Cali!!!!

Biting her lip to stop her trembling, Sabe? wrapped her hair into a tight, low bun. Amidala gave her a small smile before returning to charging her blaster. Rabe? and Eirtae? were dressed in maroon battle garb of the handmaiden, along with the Queen. Sabe? wore a red battle dress with a black screen shawl fastened by a leather belt. They all wore knee-high blaster-proof boots and brandished blasters.

Amidala placed the red and black battlecrest headdress on Sabe?. She attempted a jest. "I decided to let you play Queen one more time."

Smiling weakly, Sabe? nodded her gratitude for her friend?s comfort. "I?m ready."

Sabe?, Amidala, Eirtae? and Rabe? re-emerged from their chambers into the throne room where everyone was waiting. The mood was incredibly sober and tense. Sabe? lifted her chin and eyed each individual, saving Obi-Wan Kenobi for last. She hoped to find courage through the Jedi?s own. The icy blue eyes stared at her, very serious and full of admiration. Also very curious, for Amidala had not told anyone but Sabe? her full plan yet.

Squaring her shoulders, Sabe? turned to Captain Panaka. "I am ready, Captain."

The twelve Naboo and Jedi filed out of the Nubian transport. They had landed at the edge of the swamp land at the far side of the Great Plains. Sabe? paused a moment to take in her surroundings, then turned to Jar Jar. "Take us to your people, Jar Jar."

Reluctantly, the Gungan moved forward into the swamps, muttering to himself. As the swampland became thicker, Sabe? was grateful for her battledress, which was only calf-length with slim trousers underneath. The tall boots allowed her to travel through the marsh easily. Captain Panaka had wanted to go ahead of her, and Sabe? let him, knowing the man wanted some sense of control. The handmaidens flanked her, followed by the Jedi and Anakin. The Royal guards followed at the end.

No one spoke, for they had to concentrate on the uneven terrain. Alone in her thoughts, Sabe?s mind drifted to Obi-Wan, not wanting to ponder over the upcoming battle. There was definitely something, a disagreement maybe, between Master and Padawan. Their relationship was more than of a teacher and student, but of father and son. Amidala had mentioned something of the boy being trained as a Jedi. Sabe? noticed Obi-Wan?s cold attitude towards Anakin and wondered if the Jedi?s disagreement involved the boy.

Jar Jar suddenly stopped up ahead. They were at the edge of a great lake. Sabe? signaled everyone to halt. Walking up to the Gungan, Sabe? asked, "What is it, Jar Jar?"

"Wesa here," said Jar Jar. "Mesa go to Otoh Gunga. Mesa spek to da Boss!"

"We?ll wait here, Jar Jar," Sabe? agreed. She gave the amphibious creature an encouraging smile.

"Desa not be happy," Jar Jar muttered. He turned to the water and dived in.

Sabe? stared at the rippling water for a moment before turning to the awaiting group. "We will rest until Jar Jar returns."

There were some grateful sighs and looks exchanged as the weary travelers found a rock or stump to sit on. A few guards began conversing quietly as they waited. Sabe? saw Amidala walk over and speak to Anakin. Her eyes found the Jedi standing a little off from the group. They seemed to be conversing over something personal and serious. Maybe they were making amends. Sabe? certainly hoped so. The Jedi suddenly smiled and relief flooded into her. As they headed back to the group, Obi-Wan looked over at Sabe?. She gave him a small smile which he returned.

The Jedi looked ready to head over and talk to her when the water splashed. Sabe? spun around as Jar Jar Binks climbed out from the lake. The Gungan shook himself off comically. "Tis nobody dere! Deys all gone!"

Sabe?s heart fell as Jar Jar continued. "Some kinda fight deys have.

15. Jedi Master Jenn

Jedi Master Jenn Jedi Youngling

Mar 10, 2000
    Obi-Wan knows! Think of all the possibilities....(Sabe and Obi-Wan...or...Obi-Wan and Sabe)

A desperate cry for more...
    "POST, POST, POST"

16. Shadowen

May 11, 1999
  17. The Red One

The Red One Jedi Youngling

Feb 4, 2000
    Great story! Moremoremoremore!!!

18. juwannajedi

juwannajedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 23, 2000
    I love this story. Please keep it up!

19. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    Thanks for the compliments!!!! Oh, you all might be a little mad to hear that from Friday to Sunday I will not be anywhere near a computer because I'll be at a Youth Weekend in Silver Dollar City , but I did get all chapters but 9-10 typed last night and will post some today and up until Thursday night. I would be happy if someone bumps it up Sunday night so I don't have to go digging Monday!!!

Sabe? paced impatiently at the edge of the forest where the Naboo and Gungans had created a post. She gazed out at the grassy plains every-so-often, hoping to see Captain Panaka return with his reconnaissance team. Maybe he would even bring back more soldiers. No real plans could be made until they returned. Sensing someone?s presence, Sabe? turned to see Obi-Wan coming up behind her.

"There?s no sneaking up on you, is there?" Obi-Wan commented dryly as he came up beside her.

"I heard you coming," Sabe? shrugged. Well, it was something like that.

"Impossible," said Obi-Wan. "I didn?t make a sound."

Sabe? shrugged again and gazed out at the grassland. Though she was relieved over her guise being revealed, she didn?t know how to act around the Jedi. What did he think of her now, knowing she wasn?t the Queen?

"It was you I saw on Coruscant, wasn?t it. . . Sabe?."

Sabe? stared at Obi-Wan in surprise. She was secretly pleased by the way he said her name, but felt unsure of her acting if the Jedi had recognized her. "You knew it was me?"

The blue eyes seemed to dance. "Not at the time. I dismissed it as my imagination." Obi-Wan smiled at her. "The white make-up fooled me a bit. Along with your marvelous acting."

Sabe? glowed at the praise. "I guess I should feel a bit vain for fooling a Jedi. Although, it doesn?t seem that hard," she teased.

Obi-Wan laughed. Then he fell silent for a moment, as if contemplating over something that had been bothering him. Sabe? felt uneasy. "We?re you ever tested for Force-sensitivity?"

The blue eyes studied Sabe?. "Yes," Sabe? answered, a little confuse by the question. "The Naboo test all their children."

"What were your results?"

"I?m not a Jedi," Sabe? shrugged. Then she realized the Jedi?s point. "I must have not been strong enough in the Force. I never went to the Temple. Some say I have extra-senses, or something to that effect. But I have no Force powers. My father always told me I was just gifted, everybody else was just exaggerating." She looked carefully at Obi-Wan. "Why do you ask?"

"Well, you seem more. . . aware then others," Obi-Wan said, his eyes boring into the soft brown of Sabe?s. "You always seem alerted to my presence."

His words sent a rush through Sabe?, and she swallowed down the lump of air in her throat. She looked away. How had he known? Was there something wrong with her? Did she have Force powers and her parents never told her? Why would they do that? This irritated her greatly. Was it the Force she sensed in him, or was it something else? If she answered yes to his question, he would surely think she had some girlish crush on him. She didn?t feel that way about him. Or did she? No. Sabe? felt as if she shared a friendship with the Jedi, a bond of some sort, not some young infatuation that would soon pass.

"It?s nothing to be ashamed of," Obi-Wan said softly. He studied her curiously. "Many Jedi can feel others through the Force." He looked thoughtful. "The first night on the ship, when you were going through your exercises, you followed me blindfolded."

"I thought I was chasing shadows," said Sabe?. She was relieved at not having to answer the Jedi?s earlier question. "If I had known it was you, I wouldn?t have taken a couple of swings at you." A grin split her face. "Or maybe I would have tried harder."

"Gee, thanks, Sabe?," the Jedi chuckled.

Both turned to the sound of approaching footsteps. Amidala came up to them, shooting Sabe? a ?look?. "We need you two, now," she said. "Boss Nass wants to discuss his military."

The light mood shared between Sabe? and Obi-Wan shifted into a serious manner as they followed the Que

20. JediFinrod

JediFinrod Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 4, 2000
    Definitely looking forward to more!

I hope you have fun at Silver Dollar City! It's not too far from where I live. (Relatively speaking, that is. I live in Oklahoma.) I will miss your posts, though!

21. Alderaan21

Alderaan21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 1998
    Really, Finrod? Cool! I live in OK too.

Have fun at Silver Dollar City, Amidolee! I love that place. I love that whole area.

Great installment! I'm anxiously waiting for more of Sabé/Obi....

22. JediKnight-Obi-Wan

JediKnight-Obi-Wan Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 13, 2000
    Ohhh two other Oklahomans. COOl I live in Ok as well.
    Hey great Job Amidolee keep it up!

23. Alpha_Ferdante

Alpha_Ferdante Jedi Youngling star 2

May 28, 1999
    Yet again, great stuff!

Have a great weekend Amidolee.

24. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Amidolee, this story is GREAT! I love it.

Hey, am i the only person from california reading this?!

25. empress of justice

empress of justice Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 15, 2000
    This is a very interesting story, very well written. I'll be keeping an eye on this story.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.