main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Portrait of a Queen: Sabe's Story (pre, TPM, after)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Amidolee, Aug 12, 1999.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alderaan21

Alderaan21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 1998
    This story gets better and better every time I read it. MORE! NOW!

Amidolee: I started a Sabé/Obi-Wan page at my website, would you mind if I archived this there once it's finished? This would be a terrific addition to it.

2. light_sabe_r

light_sabe_r Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 11, 2000
    Supercool post Amidolee.

3. Amidolee

Amidolee Jedi Master star 5

Jan 8, 2000
    Alderaan21, I'm really flattered!! And PadawanAl, tell Mara my thanks!!! I was away form the computer most of the weekend, but I will give you all an update. I also have the beginnings of a sequel going in my head that I can't wait to start on!

Alderaan21, you can archive it!! I'm really flattered! I'm so glad everyone loves this story, because I got caught up in it as I was writing it!

So, without further a-do, or however it goes

?Where?s the nail polish??
    ?Forget that! Where?s the dotter??
    ?My cloak has a loose thread!?
    ?Shoot! I can?t find my slippers!?
    ?Where?s my tiara??
    ?Ugh! I hate celebrations!?

The scene in the Queen?s royal bedchambers was one of chaos to the extreme. All five handmaidens were racing about, trying to get Amidala ready and trying to prepare themselves. Everything that they needed seemed to be missing. Which it wasn?t, but they were in such frantic states that they would easily look over something. Sabe had her green cloak on, but was missing her special hood that came with it. Yane was darting about for Amidala?s white nail polish and Rabe couldn?t find the makeup dotter for the Queen?s cheeks. Everything else was just another distraction for the frantic young women.

Amidala was slipping into her white dress, make-up and hair finished, but tiara missing. Eirtae growled again as she found one green slipper, but her other one was still missing. Sache was the only one ignoring all the bustle. Her attention was diverted to the window, where all of the floats and bands were gathering. The streets were flooding with people and there was already some celebrating Naboo dancing around.

?Wow,? Sache murmured. ?Look at all of those Gungans!?

Sabe glanced over her friend?s shoulder as she braided her hair. ?I?ve never seen so many! It makes the Gungan army look pitiful.?

Amidala let out a triumphant cry. ?I found it! I found it!? She held up the golden tiara, waving the delicate frame about. The young Queen grinned and placed it on her head. ?How do I look??

?Like a Queen,? Rabe assured her with a small smile. ?Feeling more your age today, Ami??

Amidala raised an eyebrow. ?Are you saying I?m acting like a child, Rabe??

?Not at all,? Rabe refrained. ?You just seem more like fourteen than thirty.?

The Queen gave her an appraising look. ?Since I am in a good mood today, I will let that comment slide.?

Sabe laughed and finished tying her braid. ?I?ll have to see if I can bring her energy down.?

?Oh really, Sabe?? Amidala said archly. ?I do believe it was me who beat you last time. And you have an injury. It wouldn?t be fair for you to fight me and my expertise.?

?Is that a challenge?? Sabe replied in an arrogant tone. ?For your information, my ankle has been doing quite nicely ever since I had the assistance of a Jedi and his healing techniques.?

?So, you?re ready to take me on?? Amidala asked with a devilish grin.

?It would be an honor to whip you, Your Majesty,? Sabe replied.

4. MaraJSkywalker

MaraJSkywalker Jedi Youngling

Mar 6, 2000
    Amidolee...this story is awesome! I'm so glad that there will be a sequal! You are an awesome writer! Keep it up!

5. light_sabe_r

Feb 11, 2000
    OOOOH!

Big finish coming up!

6. Alderaan21

Alderaan21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 1998
    Great! Thanks a bunch.

Nothing wrong with being caught up in it-- this way you really get into what the story is, and *know* what it's supposed to be like. If you weren't caught up in it, it would mean you didn't really care about the story-- which you obviously do.

'It would be an honor to whip you, Your Majesty.' lol

7. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Amidolee, I'm probably going to start crying when this story ends. I'll be crying hard cause I'm about to type up my final post for "A Jedi Christmas Carol." If you haven't read it, please do! It's not as good as this one, but I tried. it was my first fan fic.

8. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    Sithly computers!!! mad.gif I can't see page 4 completely so I can't post until i know what my last post was!!!! mad.gif

A comp in school ate my homework, so I'm not real fond of these sithly things at the moment!!! mad.gif

Let's hope this works

9. RogueJai

RogueJai Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 14, 2000
    Yay--Darth Server finally lets me post! I admit to being a Lurker, but as I am technically a newbie (as of last tuesday ish)
    I think that it is excusable, seeing as whenever someone asks for feed back, I can only sigh and go to the next post lol. I LOVE the Obi/Sabe idea (death to the love triangle). Please please please keep writing!!

10. light_sabe_r

Feb 11, 2000
    mad.gif Sithly things them computers...

WAIT! If it wasn't for these things their wouldn't be a JC... eek.gif

Aww phooee! I guess even evil things have a right in History. rolleyes.gif

Like this moring I could read, but not reply. mad.gif

Sucks Huh. mad.gif

Anyway, Getting great, How many posts left?

11. JediFinrod

JediFinrod Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 4, 2000
    A sequel? Yes!!! I'm looking forward to reading it!

12. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    Are you going to do a big fight scene now between Sabe and Amidala, in which Obi-Wan gets to kiss the happy winner?

13. juwannajedi

juwannajedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 23, 2000
    That would certainly be intriguing! This is the first fic I check every day.

14. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    This is the first thing I check everyday, too

I worked hard last night to finish this LONG post, so here it is. I have to go work on the next one. . .

The main street leading to the palace was overflowing with Gungans playing their lively music and the cheery crowds of the Naboo. Confetti and fireworks filled the skies, kaadu with Gungans astride tossed their heads and gave their billows. The whole scene was complete with Theed?s beautiful architecture and rejoicing citizens. Everyone was decked out in their best garb. The Royal Court stood in front of the palace, watching as the enormous parade made it?s way to them.

Sabe stood just behind Obi-Wan and Anakin, with the R2 droid beside the boy. The droid was swiveling his head around to catch all of the celebration. He rocked on his wheels and beeped enthusiastically. Anakin patted the droids dome and turned to look up at his new Master. Obi-Wan turned his head and smiled back at her, which she returned with a grin of her own.

The parade made it?s way towards the front of the palace. Boss Nass and Jar Jar Binks dismounted from their kaadu and began walking up the steps. Amidala stepped forward to meet them. The Gungan leader presented the Queen with a glowing blue sphere. She took it and they lifted it above their heads. Boss Nass shouted out, ?Peace!?

The Naboo and Gungans erupted into cheers and then a squadron of N1 starfighters shot over the palace, exploding fireworks and dropping more confetti. The crowds began to break up, hurrying to designated locations for more celebration. Captain Panaka dismissed his command and they hurried off. Palpatine was speaking some words of politics to Amidala, who didn?t really seem to paying him any mind. Her eyes were drifting towards Sabe, the mischief glittering in them. Sabe gave a slight bow of her head, then turned to the two Jedi standing in front of her with the little droid.

?What am I to do, now?? Anakin asked her.

?Well, would you like to see Padme as Padme again?? Sabe asked with a smile. She glanced up at Obi-Wan, who was eyeing her curiously.

Anakin nodded.

?Well, come with me then,? Sabe said, putting a hand on his shoulder to lead him away.

?And what about me?? Obi-Wan interjected.

Sabe turned and gave him an scrutinizing eye. ?Don?t you have to go chat with the Council? I thought Jedi Knights were too old to have fun.?

?I?m game,? he replied. ?What are you up to??

Amidala came up to them before Sabe could answer. She smiled openly at Obi-Wan. ?I must thank you for healing my handmaidens ankle, Jedi Kenobi. If you hadn?t, I wouldn?t have the pleasure of giving her other injuries.?

?You?re not going to hurt her, are you?? Anakin asked in alarm.

Both girls laughed. Sabe patted his shoulder. ?Oh, Ani! See, Ami has a little anger control problem. I sometimes have to fight her off with weapons and skills. Sometimes she gets lucky and I let her win.?

Amidala smirked a very un-queen-like smirk. ?She seems to have forgotten the last beating she received.?

Sabe just raised an eyebrow. ?Why don?t we go fetch Padme, then??

?Yes, I believe that she is waiting,? Amidala nodded. ?Yane!?

The other handmaiden turned from where she had been talking with Sache. ?Yes, Your Highness??

?Come with me,? Amidala said, signaling to her and the others. The quickly headed into the palace. Sabe told Anakin and Obi-Wan to follow. Instead of heading for the royal chambers where they would have pulled the switch-off, they headed to the closer combat room. The Jedi exchanged baffled looks, although Obi-Wan seemed to be less surprised than Anakin was. Amidala turned and grinned at the Jedi. ?Would you gentlemen mind waiting outside for a moment??

When they were outside of the combat room, Amidala began removing her dress and Yane changed into it, shedding her cloak. Rabe and Eirate began masking her face with the white face-paint and Sache was removing Amidala?s. Sabe fetched the combat suites from the lockers and changed into the skin tight green s

15. jeditictac

jeditictac Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 14, 1999
    well, as much as i'd rather not like this story to end because i'm enjoying it so much i do want it to end just so i know what happens :) i especially liked that last post :-D

16. light_sabe_r

Feb 11, 2000
    Great! Sabe` beat Obi-Wan! What happens now I can't wait!

17. Jedi Master Jenn

Jedi Master Jenn Jedi Youngling

Mar 10, 2000
    I love this story!!
    The last post was really great. I've never been able to picture a fight scene so clearly!
    Obi-Wan and Sabe are so cute together
    MORE MORE MORE

18. MaraJSkywalker

MaraJSkywalker Jedi Youngling

Mar 6, 2000
    How cute is that! Awesome post tonight! Sabe and Obi-wan......

19. Alpha_Ferdante

Alpha_Ferdante Jedi Youngling star 2

May 28, 1999
    That was a blast!

20. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000

Sabe, meet your new family. This is uncle Yoda, and uncle Mace, Aunt Adi, Aunt Deepa, Uncle yarrel, Uncle Ki-Adi, Aunt Yaddle... he he he

21. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    Excellent fight scene, and I liked the way that Sabe won the fight. But what do you mean, this story will be over soon? No!

22. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    Chapter Eleven

The sun was beginning to set in the northern sky of Naboo. The festivities were beginning to wind down as the celebrators headed into the palace for dinner. A ball would take place with a buffet set up, filled with exotic foods that the Naboo had not tasted since before the Trade Federation?s blockade. The whole atmosphere was full of mirth and the city of Theed seemed to glow.

Naboo?s Royal orchestra was setting up in the Grand Ballroom when Sabe entered with the other handmaidens and Queen. For once, the handmaidens weren?t disguised under their hoods. Their hair was up and pulled into a delicate twist, flowers woven it their dark hair. Glitter make-up sprinkled their cheeks and they wore white gowns, each choosing her own flower and sash to adorn it. Amidala was in her white gown, exotic flower petals draped over her shoulders.

?How?s your ankle?? Amidala asked as people began filling the Grand Ballroom.

?As good as new, Your Highness,? Sabe replied, giving it a rotating twist, lifting her skirt up so she could see. ?The Jedi Master healed it quite efficiently.?

?Then you will be up for dancing tonight?? Amidala suggested.

?With who?? Sabe asked. ?I haven?t a partner.?

Sache elbowed her friend. ?Oh, I know there are a lot of young Naboo men who would like to dance with the girl who challenged a Jedi. Not to mention the Jedi himself.?

Sabe shrugged. ?I doubt it.? She glanced over at Eirtae, who was blushing modestly over a soldiers fawning. ?Looks like she?ll be busy.?

Sache laughed. ?Oh, definately.?

The ballroom was now overflowing with Naboo and Gungans. A few of the Gungans were already picking an argument with the Naboo orchestra, waving their instruments around. Amidala glanced over at the scene. ?Uh-oh.?

?I?ll handle it,? Sabe said, already striding across the vast floor towards the bandstand. As she neared, she could make out the Gungan?s garbled speech and the dignified retort of the director. ?Is there a problem here?? Sabe asked diplomatically.

The Gungan turned from the director, looking very agitated. The director, Kimle, shook his head. ?Nothing of your concern, young Handmaiden. It?s taken care of.?

?Director Kimle,? Sabe spoke calmly. ?Her Highness has placed me in charge of this situation, and I will carry out my duty.? She turned to the Gungan. ?What is the problem??

?Thesa Naboo have big head!? the Gungan cried, waving his arms around. ?Desa not wanten da Gungans to play.?

?Is this true, Kimle?? Sabe asked.

?Well, not exactly,? Kimle shifted his feet.

?I suggest that the Naboo play a set, and then let the Gungans play a set,? Sabe suggested. ?Do you agree??

Both side nodded thier agreement. The Gungan shuffled away, throwing Kimle a slightl glare for good measure. Sabe just shook her head and headed back across the floor towards the throne.

?I must say that you look simply ravishing,? a male voice said from behind her.

Sabe paused and turned, not sure whether she was being spoken to or not. A young man dressed in Naboo festive dress was smiling at her. ?Me??

He laughed softly. ?Who else would I be talking about?? He waved a hand around the room. ?I don?t see anyone quite as lovely as thyself.?

To Sabe?s irritation, she felt a blush rise up her neck. ?Oh,? was all she could manage out. He was a dashing character, with dark hair and piercing green eyes. He was young, late teens or early twenties. Vague recognition hit her. ?Oh, I remember you. You?re one of the pilots.?

He smiled. ?Yes. I?m amazed you would remember me.?

?I don?t really,? Sabe answered truthfully. ?What?s your name??

?Nymn,? he said, his smile growing. ?And I already know who you are.?

?Well, Nymn,? Sabe said with a slight bow. ?I must be getting back to Her Highness. It was a pleasure meeting you.?

?And you,? Nymn said. ?May I ask you something??

?What??

?May I have a slot on your dance card. If it?s not full??

Sabe frowned slightly. ?It?s completely open. Sure.? With another slight bow, Sabe turned and hur

23. JediFinrod

JediFinrod Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 4, 2000
    Oh, the tension! Great post, Amidolee!

24. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    Guess what???

I've finished writing Portrait!!!
    I just have to write the epilogue. I'll post some tonight and the last bit tomorrow, that way you won't have to wait all weekend for the end. I'll probably start the sequel over break, or in a few weeks. I'll finish the Epilogue tonight!!!!

As the night wore on, Sabe found herself being interuppted in just about every dance to switch partners with some other young Naboo. She was enjoying herself, even dancing with some of the Queen?s Royal guards and bantering with them. Amidala must have grown tired of just sitting and watching, so soon group dances began. The Royalty hardly ever actually joined in, but Amidala didn?t hesitate to join in the group dances.

Another surprise was that some of the Jedi Council actually joined in on a few numbers, although they were well more controlled than some of the more molassed couples. Sabe had hoped to see Master Yoda dance, but that wasn?t bond to happen.

At one point, when the orchestra took a break, the Gungans snuck into the bandstand. Whatever order they obtained was yet to be seen. Sabe excused herself from a group of Naboo women and headed towards the sidelines. She almost bumped into a cloaked figure. ?Oh, I?m sorry,? Sabe aplogized quickly.

The Jedi woman looked up and smiled in greeting. ?Quite alright, Sabe,? she said. Her keen eyes darted around the Grand Ballroom. ?Enjoying yourself??

?Oh yes,? Sabe smiled. ?It?s Depa, right??

?Right,? Master Billaba smiled. She had been one of the Council members to take up the dance floor. ?May I make a suggestion?? Sabe nodded and Depa leaned forward a bit. ?Kenobi has been rather jumpy tonight. Maybe you should challenge him??

Sabe grinned. ?He already suspects that. But I think the element of surprise will be lost.?

Depa laughed. ?You fought very well today.?

?Thank you,? Sabe said graciously. ?But if it han?t been for my ankle, I would have been sorely beaten.?

The woman laughed again and then turned to the other Jedi Master at her side. Sabe moved on, searching for a seat. Almost all of the chairs were occupied by resting couples. She sighed and headed for Amidala?s throne, where the Queen was speaking with Panaka. Then she sensed Obi-wan nearby and paused, searching through the crowd for him. She spotted him and headed over.

?Haven?t found anyone yet?? Sabe teased, coming up to the Knight with a grin.

?I?ve been dodging predators right and left,? Obi-Wan muttered, his tone a little dry. ?You wouldn?t believe what a good tracker Eirate is.?

Laughing, Sabe searched the crowd. ?Speak of the devil.? The blonde handmaiden had a beau on each arm, but was sending Obi-Wan alluring stares.

?Oh, help,? Obi-Wan mumbled.

Suddenly, the chattering din was blasted over by the sound of the Gungans opening chord. Sabe jumped a bit and turned towards the bandstand, where the Gungans had finished their own setup. The chord flowed into a lively beat. It was hard to decipher at first, but once you concentrated, the rhythm was strong and easy to follow. Sabe found herself tapping her foot and her fingers drummed on her side. There was a muffled laugh and she looked at Obi-Wan sharply. ?What??

He just shook his head. ?I guess it?s the Gungans party now,? he said, gesturing at the dance floor. It was now crowded with flipping and twisting Gungans.

A devilish urge came over her. ?Let?s join them.?

?What??

?You can use your Force for those flips, can?t you?? Sabe teased. ?It looks like fun. And I believe you said you were game not to long ago.?

Obi-Wan groaned. ?You just want to humiliate me again.?

Sabe just grabbed his hand and pulled him onto to the floor, noticing they were the only humans out there. Obi-Wan clearly she though she was insane. Maybe she was. For a moment, she just stood and watched the Gungans, then she felt herself picking up her own rhythm. It was a combination of an old village jig and what the Gungans were doing. It involved a lot of hopping, but Sabe made it seem easy and gr

25. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    Guess what???

I've finished writing Portrait!!!
    I just have to write the epilogue. I'll post some tonight and the last bit tomorrow, that way you won't have to wait all weekend for the end. I'll probably start the sequel over break, or in a few weeks. I'll finish the Epilogue tonight!!!!

As the night wore on, Sabe found herself being interuppted in just about every dance to switch partners with some other young Naboo. She was enjoying herself, even dancing with some of the Queen?s Royal guards and bantering with them. Amidala must have grown tired of just sitting and watching, so soon group dances began. The Royalty hardly ever actually joined in, but Amidala didn?t hesitate to join in the group dances.

Another surprise was that some of the Jedi Council actually joined in on a few numbers, although they were well more controlled than some of the more molassed couples. Sabe had hoped to see Master Yoda dance, but that wasn?t bond to happen.

At one point, when the orchestra took a break, the Gungans snuck into the bandstand. Whatever order they obtained was yet to be seen. Sabe excused herself from a group of Naboo women and headed towards the sidelines. She almost bumped into a cloaked figure. ?Oh, I?m sorry,? Sabe aplogized quickly.

The Jedi woman looked up and smiled in greeting. ?Quite alright, Sabe,? she said. Her keen eyes darted around the Grand Ballroom. ?Enjoying yourself??

?Oh yes,? Sabe smiled. ?It?s Depa, right??

?Right,? Master Billaba smiled. She had been one of the Council members to take up the dance floor. ?May I make a suggestion?? Sabe nodded and Depa leaned forward a bit. ?Kenobi has been rather jumpy tonight. Maybe you should challenge him??

Sabe grinned. ?He already suspects that. But I think the element of surprise will be lost.?

Depa laughed. ?You fought very well today.?

?Thank you,? Sabe said graciously. ?But if it han?t been for my ankle, I would have been sorely beaten.?

The woman laughed again and then turned to the other Jedi Master at her side. Sabe moved on, searching for a seat. Almost all of the chairs were occupied by resting couples. She sighed and headed for Amidala?s throne, where the Queen was speaking with Panaka. Then she sensed Obi-wan nearby and paused, searching through the crowd for him. She spotted him and headed over.

?Haven?t found anyone yet?? Sabe teased, coming up to the Knight with a grin.

?I?ve been dodging predators right and left,? Obi-Wan muttered, his tone a little dry. ?You wouldn?t believe what a good tracker Eirate is.?

Laughing, Sabe searched the crowd. ?Speak of the devil.? The blonde handmaiden had a beau on each arm, but was sending Obi-Wan alluring stares.

?Oh, help,? Obi-Wan mumbled.

Suddenly, the chattering din was blasted over by the sound of the Gungans opening chord. Sabe jumped a bit and turned towards the bandstand, where the Gungans had finished their own setup. The chord flowed into a lively beat. It was hard to decipher at first, but once you concentrated, the rhythm was strong and easy to follow. Sabe found herself tapping her foot and her fingers drummed on her side. There was a muffled laugh and she looked at Obi-Wan sharply. ?What??

He just shook his head. ?I guess it?s the Gungans party now,? he said, gesturing at the dance floor. It was now crowded with flipping and twisting Gungans.

A devilish urge came over her. ?Let?s join them.?

?What??

?You can use your Force for those flips, can?t you?? Sabe teased. ?It looks like fun. And I believe you said you were game not to long ago.?

Obi-Wan groaned. ?You just want to humiliate me again.?

Sabe just grabbed his hand and pulled him onto to the floor, noticing they were the only humans out there. Obi-Wan clearly she though she was insane. Maybe she was. For a moment, she just stood and watched the Gungans, then she felt herself picking up her own rhythm. It was a combination of an old village jig and what the Gungans were doing. It involved a lot of hopping, but Sabe made it seem easy and gr

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.