main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Portrait of a Queen: Sabe's Story (pre, TPM, after)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Amidolee, Aug 12, 1999.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amidolee

Amidolee Jedi Master star 5

Jan 8, 2000
    Okay, I lied, I just might put all put the epilogue 2nite, since that's all I have to write!! I was going to just do one post a night, but then again, I just want to see how you guys like the ending!! I'm a ham, I know, but by tomorrow this thread will be ready to archive for the one who asked

So, without further chit-chat, I'm giving you the last chapter in Portrait, not including the epilogue, which I am going to write in just a little bit. . .

?Easy, Chugs,? Obi-Wan teased.

Sabe ignored him, gulping down the cool wine. He reached over to take the glass away, but she swatted him away. A few more gulps and the glass was finished. Sabe gasped and took a deep breath, letting it out slowly. ?Ah. . . refreshing,? she said with a lop-sided grin. ?Who ever thought that Gungans could be so fun??

They were standing at the sidelines, watching the tireless Gungans continuing their flips. The Naboo were still particpating, but some were now retiring for the night. Sabe leaned her head back against the wall. She was so tired. . . but in a good way. She was having the time of her life and didn?t want the night to end.

?I?m going to get some more wine,? Sabe said after a moment. She was still thirsty. Pushing off from the wall, she started for the bar, but a hand on her shoulder stopped her. ?Oh, do you want some, too??

Obi-Wan shook his head. ?I don?t need any, and neither do you.?

?I?m not drunk,? Sabe argued. ?I?ve tolerated fine wine since I was twelve. It?s part of Naboo custom, Mr. Jedi Parol Officer.?

?You look a little tipsy,? Obi-Wan observed.

?All that dancing can really take it?s toll on you,? Sabe said defensively. ?But you wouldn?t know that because you can?t dance.?

He just simply raised an eyebrow and took the glass from her hand. ?You could have at least saved some.? When she didn?t answer, he set the glass on the window sill. ?I guess there?s still some things I need to learn.?

?What?? Sabe asked, turning to him. Did he just say he wanted to get drunk?

?Just trying to get your attention,? Obi-Wan grinned. ?You?ve been a little distracted all night.?

?Jealous?? Sabe teased, although she knew it wasn?t true. Something flickered in his eyes again, but he smirked and looked around. ?Who are you looking for??

?Just seeing if some other caller was going to sweep you away before I got a chance to say anything,? Obi-Wan said nonchalantly. ?But you?ve had some many that I think that?s just about everybody.?

Sabe elbowed him in the ribs. ?At least the had the guts to dance.?

?And you?re suggesting I?m nothing more than a wromp rat?? he countered in amusement.

?No, I?m just saying that you?ve been whining all night when you could have been out there learning something,? Sabe said, giving him another jab.

?Well, if you?re going to teach me, then we better get started,? Obi-Wan said, motioning towards the dance floor, which was now filled with slow, waltzing couples. The Gungans had surrendered the bandstand back to the orchestra.

?Much you have to learn, young Padawan,? Sabe said, as she accepted his hand and then was lead to the dance floor. Then she realized her mistake almost before he took the lead. Obi-Wan was actually a terrific dancer. He had been toying with her the whole night! To top it all off, she was quite comfortable in his gentle hold, easily matching his graceful steps. It was an Alderaanian waltz, but it was one she knew well. She looked to find him smiling at her. ?You tricked me. I thought you said you couldn?t dance.?

His response was a twirl and a impish grin. ?I never really said that. You just assumed it and I played along.?

?So then it?s true that you have to take lessons,? Sabe said.

?No,? said Obi-Wan. ?I had to tango with a princess once.?

Sabe laughed, picturing the Knight a little younger and struggling to keep up with some exotic princess?s moves. ?What kind of tango??

?Let?s just say it made the Corellian tango seem civilized,? he said dryly.

Sabe tossed her head back in another laugh. Cor

2. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    Question: How do you use italics? I need it for part of the epilogue.

3. The Musical Jedi

The Musical Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 13, 1999
    *sniffle* That's really sad, Amidollee. Very beautiful, though.

4. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    I lied again redface.gif I'm posting the very end tonight! If someone will tell me how to do italics, I will go back and edit later, but I'm going to go ahead and post this last bit. I'm a little sad that this is over, but it only means I can get started plotting the sequel

And now, the conclusion to "Portrait of a Queen". . .

Epilogue

A little more than a week later, Sabe found herself wishing for the days when all she had to do was sit in a throne and stare at a wall. The tedious political debates that had plagued all of the Queen?s spare time was being placed on her shoulders and Sabe was finding no relief. The rest of Naboo had returned to life as it was, but for the handmaidens and Queen, there wasn?t a moments rest.

Sabe and Amidala were walking towards the royal bedchambers, hoping for a small rest before the next meeting with a neighboring planet?s ambassadors. Sabe couldn?t help thinking about to what happened to the last ambassadors to their planet.

Amidala entered the chamber first, almost collapsing onto the couch. Her headdress was tossed aside and she stretched her legs out. Sabe was about to follow her example when her eyes fell onto a container sitting on the small table. Fatigue forgotten, she raced across the room to it, knowing she might be sorely disappointed.

But she wasn?t. Picking up the container, Sabe headed back for the couch, where Amidala was watching her curiously. Her fingers were shaking slightly as she triggered the lock. The lid hissed open to reveal it?s contents. A datacom chip, small collection of knick-knacks that looked vaguely like something of desert origin mixed with modernization, and a small holo-photo.

Where was her letter? Disappointment, utter disappointment. Sabe handed the box to Amidala, standing up and heading for her chamber silently. Amidala called after her, but she ignored her and flopped down on her bed.

And hit her head on something hard. Swearing softly, she sat up and moved her pillow. A delighted cry escaped her lips. There, tucked under her pillow was an even smaller container.

Sache looked up from where she had been working on a new headdress. She smiled. ?It said to be given only to you, so I put it under your pillow.?

Sabe thanked her and opened the container. There, nestled in a velvet pocket was an old-fashioned envelope. She had expected the letter to just be folded up inside, but no, it was signed and stamped. To her surprise, she was trembling as she opened the letter, her eyes running over the slightly sloppy penmanship . . .

My Dearest Sabe,

I hope you are not disappointed in my letter. I have never written one before, as I told you, and I?m afraid I had to ask Master Billaba for a little help on the format. But do not worry, I didn?t ask her to help me write this. Before I get carried away, Depa asked me to send you her regards.

I?m already in need of your wisdom. I?ve only been a Knight for a little more than a week and I?m having doubts if the Council was right to grant me the title. Training Anakin is already a challenge. Qui-Gon was right, I still have much to learn. I have to remind myself constantly that I am the teacher now and there is now guidance for me to follow, only give. This doesn?t seem right to me. Billaba says that I must use the Force as my guidance, and I try, I really do try to listen to what it?s telling me. How can I teach Anakin about the Force when I?m still learning?

Writing these words down almost seem like I?m talking directly to you, but it doesn?t even begin to compare. Here, I can?t hear your sweet voice tell me exactly what I need to know-and should know-while leaving me both mystified and dumbfounded. Qui-Gon made the comment once that I never took advice well from others, except for him. If only he knew about the things I learned from you, Sabe. Now, I think he knows, if he hadn?t before. It?s hard to talk about him to anyone-especially Anakin-but somehow, it doesn?t hurt quite so much. Maybe it?s because I cried on your

5. JediFinrod

JediFinrod Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 4, 2000
    I'm sorry, Amidolee, but I'm clueless about italics.

As for your wonderful posts - thanks a lot! I'm all teary-eyed now because of you! *sigh* You can make it up by starting the sequel sometime soon like....tomorrow?!

6. Queen Sabé

Queen Sabé Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 3, 1999
    What a wonderful conclusion! I'm looking forward to the sequel.

In regards to your question about italics, whenever you post, look for the blue text surrounded by red that is beneath the "Submit" and "Clear" buttons that says "UBB Code." Click on it and it will take you to a page that tells you how to use the UBB code for bold print, italics, and several other things.

7. The Musical Jedi

The Musical Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 13, 1999
    Aww, I stand corrected. That was very sad, in a sweet way. Gives me an idea for a journal of sorts that chronicles something, just in the exchange of letters . . . *mentally files the idea away for later use*

Anyway, it was a beautiful story. I'm waiting for your next.

8. light_sabe_r

light_sabe_r Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 11, 2000
    Awwwww.

I loved It.

That's all I can say right now...

It was so sad.

9. roomies with no lives

roomies with no lives Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 24, 1999
    <boris pouts>
    no more Sabe? I swear this story is all that kept me sane during my all-might observing assignments...you are an awesome writer Amidolee...

you can do italics by putting an 'i' in the square brackets at the beginning of what you want italicized and an i with a backslash in front of it in square brackets at the end
    Press the edit button at the top of this post to see how I did it...

anyway, it looks like Natasha and I will just hafta become obsessed with another story until the end of the semester.

[This message has been edited by roomies with no lives (edited 04-20-2000).]

10. JediKnight-Obi-Wan

JediKnight-Obi-Wan Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 13, 2000
    Awwww, such a sad,sweet last post. I eagerly await the sequel.

11. roomies with no lives

roomies with no lives Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 24, 1999
    natasha here--just wanted to add to what boris said about how much we're going to miss this thread! hope it doesn't take you long to get the first posts for the sequel up. hmmm...will a lot of the story be told in letters? that would be really cool...(natasha wanders off to do her paper, lost in thought...)

anyway, hope you keep posting on your other threads!

natasha

12. Shadowen

Shadowen Jedi Youngling star 3

May 11, 1999
    I think this story deserves an extra special BOO-YAH! It's probably one of the best I've read. Honest. Swear to the Force, and all that.

No, really...

13. MaraJSkywalker

MaraJSkywalker Jedi Youngling

Mar 6, 2000
    That was an awesome story! I'm so sad that's it's over, but I am anxiously awaiting the sequel! You are an awesome writer!

14. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Amidolee, that was BEAUTIFUL!!!!

:eargerly awaits a sequel:

15. juwannajedi

juwannajedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 23, 2000
    Amidolee,

The first part of the italics is correct, but the last part is [/i]. The slash has to go in the brackets.

You can look at the instructions here. ubbcode.html ubbcode.html

Great story. I'm sorry it is over.

16. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    Ugh, there's still some formating problems that I should go back and fix

I'm so glad everyone enjoyed this story!! I'm working on Unwanted Allies, Unexpected Enemies, and at the same time juggling 2 school projects, but I WILL get started on the sequel soon! I just have some plotting to do, since there will be a conspiracy to work in and some action!!!

Oh, yes, and I do plan for a duel

This is the best story I've ever written and I'm thinking of archiving it on some handmaiden sites and such!!!

Oh, and whoever wanted to archive it, please go ahead!!

~Amidolee
    ~Until next time

17. jeditictac

jeditictac Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 14, 1999
    awww. it's over already...now i shall anxiously await the sequel! :-D

18. Senator Lorena

Senator Lorena Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 21, 2000
    Loved it! You handled everything so well! Do your teachers know/appreciate your writing skills? If they don't, they should!

19. jedi sarah

jedi sarah Jedi Youngling

Mar 29, 2000
    I'm so sad this story is over! Great job Amidolee! I can't wait for the sequel!

20. Sith Vegeta

Sith Vegeta Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 2, 1999
    Oh that was so good. I just found that tonight and read all of it in about two and a half hours, It's just so good. You really should write something more, a sequal. I just loved it, it would be nice to see if they can keep up a lond distance relationship and just how far the relationship goes.

By the way, IT IS GREAT!!!

21. Queen Sabé

Queen Sabé Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 3, 1999
    Amidolee,

I really enjoyed your story--I'm a strong advocate for the whole Sabé/Obi-Wan connection. Can I post it on two of my pages?

http://members.xoom.com/aeryn4/fabfive/The Queen's Handmaidens

http://members.xoom.com/aeryn4/RepublicofNaboo/The Republic of Naboo

22. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    I haven't started the sequel yet, but I have most of the plot figured out! I'll get it started sometime next week, because I'll be gone again from Friday to Sunday this weekend for a CW reenactment, so I don't like to leave you all hanging.

And the weekend after that I have a wedding to go to!! I won't have a free weekend for a while.

23. Shadowen

Shadowen Jedi Youngling star 3

May 11, 1999
    Have I already commented on this? Oh, well. I'll do it again.

This story kicks *** . I love it! I like the Sabe perspective, especially.

24. Maelisaandii

Maelisaandii Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 3, 2000
    I know this story has been done for a while, but I just have a couple things that are just kicking me to be said. Every once in a while, something reminds me in a wonderful way exactly why it is I love Star Wars. This story is one of them. I read most of it this morning (while I was supposed to be doing Geography, I might add). I have no self-control! I couldn't help it, I couldn't put it down!
    Anyways, the Obi\Sabe' romace was exquisitely done. Just perfect. Realistic, not too mushy. Purrrrfect.
    Now I need to go start reading the sequel!

25. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    Just so this isn't lost in the big move

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.