Portsmouth Meet: 9th December, 12:45 at Portsmouth & Southsea station

Discussion in 'South' started by lukesgirlie, Oct 29, 2006.

?

Portsmouth November Meet...when where who and what?

Poll closed Mar 26, 2012.
4th/5th 1 vote(s) 50.0%
11th/12th 0 vote(s) 0.0%
18th/19th 0 vote(s) 0.0%
25th/26th 1 vote(s) 50.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. major_phennir Jedi Knight

star 2
    Yeah, the gift idea sounds really good. And I like the idea of having a Xmas lunch:)
  2. moosemousse CR - FF:UK South

Chapter Rep
    star 6
    It's £6.49 for two meals, I checked on that today. The menus are good.

Cobra: yes, yes you must.
  3. marte Jedi Master

star 4
    Cobra, I swear, if you're not coming I'll put a curse on you or something... :p no seriously mate, I have three *beep* deadlines december 15th, and still the only thing keeping me from not coming is if I should be abroad. Just organize yourself... (I know, easier said than done)
  4. Cobranaconda Force Ghost

star 7
    Haha, fine, I'll do my hardest. I've got 2 of the 3 pieces of coursework I had done, now I need to do lots of revision for AS Retakes, but other than that, I should be okay for it now. I just need to figure out when the train leaves Salisbury for Portsmouth :p
  5. moosemousse CR - FF:UK South

Chapter Rep
    star 6
    A quick note on trains. If you're coming by train, you'll need the Portsmouth & Southsea station. That's where we're meeting. :)
  6. Cobranaconda Force Ghost

star 7
    Well, if you're all doing the whole weekend, I can't do both days. I'd probably just go on the saturday. I'd just need to catch the 8am bus into town, then catch a 10am train or something to get there by about 12pm :p
  7. major_phennir Jedi Knight

star 2
    I know the trains sometimes are slow but I don't think it will take you two hours to get from Salisbury to Portsmouth! You can check train times here. I think from memory its about an hour from Salisbury to Portsmouth and trains run hourly (this is the Cardiff to Portsmouth line).

I can either do the whole weekend or just the Saturday. What I will try and do is get down to Portsmouth on the Friday night as it's too long a trip to make from MK on the day.

If we are meeting at Portsmouth & Southsea station, what are the plans for the day mousemouse?
  8. Cobranaconda Force Ghost

star 7
    Well, judging by this timetable I could probably get there by about 10:45 :p What time to leave though? The last bus back to my village from Salisbury is at 5:35pm, but I could go up to my dad's place, I suppose :p
  9. moosemousse CR - FF:UK South

Chapter Rep
    star 6
    Here's an idea for the day:

meet up and make sure everyone who's coming is there
    lunch
    shopping for drinks and snack foods
    back to mine for a film or two (unless or someone elses)
    possibly dinner after that

If we're going to do the gift thing, we can swap them while we're waiting for the food to arrive.
  10. marte Jedi Master

star 4
    Hi guys, I could arrive at 12:45 at Portsmouth & Southsea. I will be going back to Plymouth the same day as well, the last train leaves at 19:27. It's not much time with you... but it just takes so loooong to get anywhere (except maybe Exeter and Penzance) from here. And I will have to work on sunday.
  11. moosemousse CR - FF:UK South

Chapter Rep
    star 6
    That's ok, I'm sure we can fit in a film before you have to leave. :)

Someone will have to bring something though as I don't have any films with me.
  12. major_phennir Jedi Knight

star 2
    Do you have a DVD player though? I've got a fairly substantial collection of films and I am sure I can bring a few that will appeal to everyone.

I like the plans for the day, sounds good :)
  13. timbolton Force Ghost

star 5
    Looking good :)
    When you need to me to alter the title and stick a link in the top announcement area, let me know ;)

Wonder if we could get Hal to send his TENCLO dvd down so you can watch that too?
  14. moosemousse CR - FF:UK South

Chapter Rep
    star 6
    I have my laptop which has a DVD player, it's a bit temermental though so it's not guarenteed to work. I should have my new computer by then which will have a DVD player, if it doesn't then my old one does and we can use the new monitor with it.
  15. major_phennir Jedi Knight

star 2
    Okay, I'll see what DVD's I can bring with me.

Was there a time set for us all meeting on the Saturday? And I presume that we're meeting at Portsmouth & Southsea station? Do you have a particular meeting point in mind?
  16. moosemousse CR - FF:UK South

Chapter Rep
    star 6
    As close to 12:45 would be good. I'll be waiting there from when the first person turns up.

If everyone who's definately coming can PM me, I'll give you my phone number in case you arrive and I'm not there.

The ticket barrier would be a good place to meet, we can spot people as they turn up.
  17. major_phennir Jedi Knight

star 2
    Sounds like a good plan :) I will aim to get to Pompey on the Friday night and its quite easy for me to get to P&S so will be there for 12.45!
  18. jac37a Force Ghost

It's not too late to put my name down for this meet is it
  19. major_phennir Jedi Knight

star 2
    Of course not! You will be more than welcome :)
  20. moosemousse CR - FF:UK South

Chapter Rep
    star 6
    Just in case, it's the 9th of december, 12:45-ish, portsmouth and southsea station.

Have PMed Tim to change the thread title so it's easy to see this.
  21. DewbackRider88 Jedi Master

star 4
    Id really like to go, but as its coming up to xmas I really cant afford another train journey so soon after g-mex.

Plus it would take me 3 hours to get there and 3 hours to get back, so I wouldnt have much time with you all anyway.

Sorry guys, its just meets will have to go on hold for me until after xmas.

:(
  22. jac37a Force Ghost

Ok i will be there.:D
  23. marte Jedi Master

star 4
    ...I'd just like to point out and earn general sympathy, I'll be stuck in the train for about 5 hours... each way.
    but it's understandable that for a student it's not always easy with money so it's fine, we'll meet you some other time...! :)
    I'm looking forward to it.

edit: cool, jac! and welcome to the south :)
  24. jac37a Force Ghost

Thank you for the welcome marte. :)
  25. CARBONITEKID Jedi Knight

star 1
    Got room for an Isle of Wighter?

Not been on the boards that much lately ( PC has been down for the kast 8 months ) but it would be great to put a face to a few names.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.