main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Possibility For More Clone War Shorts

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by vong333, Feb 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    Hi guys! I wanted to know if their is a possiblilty that they might decide for the fall of this year and early spring of next year to come out with another 20 episodes of clone wars shorts? From what I seen, and read, the cartoon mini-shorts were very well recieved. The reason I ask this question is 1)Gene mentonied in one of the documentary that they might be more of the mini-style cartoon, 2)they were very good in my opinion, and 3) Dark Horse earlier this year, cancelled a highly publicized 10 part comic series entitled "The Countdown" that would have directly lead into the begining of Episode 3. I know the latter may have nothing to do with the creation of more toons, but maybe they came up with something were they might have the cartoon lead if not directly, close to the begining of the Episode 3 movie. Let me know with what you feel on the matter or if you have any inside info for more the better.

2. vong333

Oct 18, 2003
    What do you think are the chances when the first dvd comes out for the Clone Wars cartoon, that they will include all the deleted scenes from each of the Episodes? I would truly just hate to purchase the dvd with only the cartoon series in them, and the two commentaries that ran on the cartoon network and hyperspace site. That would truly suck, you pay #39.95 for hyperspace plus whatever else for the dvd. Talk about legal theft.

3. YodaJeff

YodaJeff Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 18, 2001
    They aren't forcing you to buy it. If you can't resist a DVD full of stuff that you already have, then that's your problem.

Also, last I checked, Hyperspace wasn't $39.95. Even if it was, there is more to Hyperspace than just the Clone Wars cartoons.

Finally, how many deleted scenes do you think there really were for the cartoons?

4. vong333

Oct 18, 2003
    For me it would be crappy, but thats just me, and second maybe there ain't to many deleted scenes, but some of them on a dvd would be nice just to see the directon that an episode might have taken had more time been given for them. Furthermore, like other fanboys on this site from which I have read, I am not, will not bash any of the Episodes for the cartoon . They were very good, and it irks me when people complain that obi-wan did too much of this, durge is that, mandalorians should be here. Enjoy what you get and thats that.

First, calling other people fanboys != cool. Second, people are entitled to their opinions (even if we disagree with them). Third, don't tell people what to think on the site (see Point Two)...

5. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    Personally, I would much rather have more Clone Wars episodes (either 3 minute ones or full length 20 min ones) instead of a different cartoon or live action series.

No need to respond in kind...

6. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    Deleted Scenes? I doubt it.

7. ObiwanJohn

ObiwanJohn Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 12, 2003
    Maybe they'll have the blooper reel on it too :D

8. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    Uh huh... That would be amusing... maybe

9. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    Actually, if I remember correctly, in the Genndy Tartakovsky chat, he said it's not impossible or something. I'll go fish out the quote.

EDIT:

? Although there is only 20 episodes planned so far, Genndy thinks there is a good chance of more being made.

And here is the link to the rest of the chat that I summarised.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.