main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Spok, WA Possible 501st Outpost in Spokane!!!

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by BLUE-SQUADRON-LEADER, Mar 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BLUE-SQUADRON-LEADER

BLUE-SQUADRON-LEADER Jedi Master star 2

Aug 26, 2003
    I understand the need to contact Titan, but let's be honest here...Spokane has sort of faded out of the Garrrison picture. It is too difficult to get to Seattle for events. I am for having our own outpost, but I am not looking for any trouble. I understand that certain channels need to be gone through and certain people need to be contacted, but I think that if the desire for Spokane's own outpost is strong enough I say let us have it. We all have the same goal under the 501st, what does it matter if there is an outpost in Spokane?

"The formation of a new Garrison may take place when an Outpost reaches sufficient membership or when a region within an existing Garrison finds pressing needs to break off and form a new Garrison."

- Legion Charter, Article III, Section B, Line 4

2. ewok_jedi

ewok_jedi Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 5, 2005
    I need to get in hold of some one at KHQ but I am hoping I can find something up there for this summer as well, I need to get out of the TC badly

EDIT: I think part of the problem with Garrison Titan is that its on the other side of WA and across the mountain passes ... something on this side of the state would actually be more convient for most of us ...

3. Dishnu

Dishnu Jedi Youngling

Apr 21, 2002
    Hi My name is Mike and I am the curent XO of Garrison Titan,
    Unfortunatly you can not start a Outpost since Wa. is allready covered by the Legion but a Squad is a good place to start, and from there we can get you approved to Garrison Status as soon as you come up with the 25 troopers.

Also the 10 Troopers that you need to have to start the Squad need to be 501st members so that is the place to start in becomeing a squad

4. TI1800

TI1800 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 4, 2004
    And again, a Garrison is only an assignment. It does not mean you are required to troop in Seattle for it to count. As members and potential members of Garrison Titan, you are allowed to troop wherever you wish. Garrison Titan is all of Washington state.

Just because a person doesn't live in the capital city of a country doesn't make them any less citizens of the same country. I, as a resident of Michigan, am no less an American than any of you in Washington.

I'm not sure where this misconception is coming from, where a person MUST troop in western Washington for it to matter. That is simply not true. If you troop events in Spokane, you are doing so as 501st Legion members assigned to Garrison Titan. You represent Titan whether you troop in Spokane, Seattle, Tacoma, Portland, Sacramento, Chicago, or Detroit.

If a member in Spokane wishes to step up as the primary point of contact for inquiries that are submitted to Garrison Titan's command, that would be a good and efficient way to communicate. Or even better, if everyone simply participates on Titan's forums, there's nothing saying that events can't be set up and coordinated for eastern Washington on the same forum.

Michigan is quite vast, and we do all of our planning on the Michigan section of Midwest Garrison's forum. It doesn't matter whether the event is on the east side (where Detroit is) or the west side (where another concentration of troopers reside). We all use the same forum, and those of us who can make the journey from one side of the state or the other do so. Or not, because both population centers have sufficient members to make appearances at events.

Michigan is a Squad within Midwest Garrison, not an Outpost. I repeat: Outposts are for areas not already covered by an existing unit. All of Washington is covered by Titan. Work with Titan, as they are willing to work with you.

Form a Squad in the future if you have the numbers to do it, but I again point out that having or not having a Squad doesn't affect the ability to create costumes and troop events.

Focus on the costuming and trooping, because the political trappings already exist and already function. Take advantage of it without making extraneous and redundant work that detracts from what's really important. :)

5. Dishnu

Dishnu Jedi Youngling

Apr 21, 2002
    I understand in the Past that the Garrison has not been as active as we should be we are interested in starting a Squad in Eastern Washington area.

6. JarusSarn

JarusSarn Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 10, 2004
    I'm going to go ahead and speak for all of the Spokane area Star Wars fans right now.

I see what everyone is saying. Titan currently holds itself as the only 501st Garrison in Washington, which is true, so that means that Spokane, or Tri-Cities people, can't form their own Outpost, because the state already has a Garrison, so by default if we joined the 501st, we would become members of Garrison Titan. That's not a big problem, I think we all understand it. And if we have 10 members living in the same area (Spokane) then we could form a Squad of Garrison Titan. And then if we managed to get 25 members locally, we could split from Titan, and form our own Eastern Washington Garrison, correct?

Here's how I see it: We in Spokane are pretty independent folk. We like to jump right in and be our own group, which is not to say that Titan troopers aren't awesome (I specifically met a few on our flight over to Indianapolis for C3, you guys were all really nice and helpful and fun to talk to), but I think most of us here would like to get our own Garrison started as soon as we could, we're just like that. I also think we'd like to do a lot of events with Titan, seeing as they've done it longer and have more experience.

More than likely, we'll start as a Squad of Titan, and move as quickly as we can towards Garrison status... hope that clears up any confusion.

P.S. Erich, stop mentioning Outposts... per 501st by-laws, we can't form an Outpost since there's already a garrison in the state!!! So knock it off dork!!! :p

7. Dishnu

Dishnu Jedi Youngling

Apr 21, 2002
    If there is anything that the Garrison Can do to assist you in the formation of a Squad in spokane area please PM me or contact us at Garrison Titan for more assistance.

8. the_black_smudge

the_black_smudge Jedi Youngling star 3

May 24, 2004
    Well, again for what it's worth, when my lady and I move up there, and get our costumes finished, you will have two very willing and eager members for the squad and eventual garrison.
    I can understand the feelings and desire to form a group of your own, and i share the sentiments. I look foreward to trooping with all of you!

9. Daramin_of_The_Way

Daramin_of_The_Way Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 30, 2004
    We will to be sure, now that we know what we can and cannot do.
    Next step will be to put it to the group and find out who is interested and what we can do to progress towards a squad.

10. TK9993

TK9993 Jedi Youngling

Jan 8, 2006
    Hey all. Sorry it's been a while.
    (**Hears the whispering of 'who is this dork?'**)
    I'm that Sandtrooper from Merlyns....

Anyhooo...
    I think it would be great if we could get something started. It's ok with having Titan, but ya, let's face it. It would be cooler if we could be "on our own".
    Any help you need from me, just let me know.

"It would be a shame if I had to leave a garrison here..."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.