main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Possible Club event

Discussion in 'Archive: Charleston, SC' started by motf-jan, Jun 22, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. motf-jan

motf-jan Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 25, 2001
    Hi all,
    I see that Toys R Us at Northwoods is having an event for kids on Wednesday, July 24 from 2-4 pm. It is a LEGO Star Wars model build. Come in and build the latest LEGO Star Wars sets from the new EPII selection.

I unforunately, have to work that day, but I believe Michelle and my mom will be going. If we have an interest, then I can contact the manager and see if he would like us to help out with the event. Perhaps we have a Stormtrooper or two willing to appear? At least I can get premission to put out some fliers advertising our club with some email contacts, etc. This would probably be a good recruiting method for some "younger" members, but their parents may be fans too and interested in making it a family interest. So, Let me know if any of you are interested in participating and I'll go from there.

I think our next "official" meeting will be Sunday, July 30th around 1-2. Location I'm still working on, but I'm going to try and get Barnes and Noble to maybe work with us, offer a discount on Star Wars books, or something. I'll let everyone know asap. Hopefully we can talk about logistics of who is going to Dragon*con and plan some further events. Perhaps something special for Halloween?

Janet

2. Master Salty

Master Salty Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 18, 1999
    That sounds great. I'll update the website with this information. :)

3. Minacia_Brightstar

Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling star 5

May 23, 2001
    Hey gang! Just thought I'd drop by to check in. So, how are y'all doing? :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.