Possible Club Functions

Discussion in 'Sacramento, CA' started by Lord_Darth_Vader, Feb 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord_Darth_Vader Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I was just thinking of creating an open forum thread for club function ideas. Anyone, who has an idea of a function, please feel free to share.

I thought it would be sooooooo cool to contact ILM and ask about a tour. Tell them, we are (unofficially known by Lucas ltd of course) a fan club, and would love to tour the place where A galaxy far, far away was born. We could all pitch in and rent a big van, according to how many we get to go, and make it a road trip. I have a class B license and can drive. What does everyone think?

Please, everyone share your ideas.
  2. sacul-1138 Jedi Youngling

star 5
    Dude thats freaky cuz I was thinking the same thing.

I even started looking for addresses to write to them.

(I have alot of the phone numbers to them too, but I'm not sure I should use those)

3. sacul-1138 Jedi Youngling

star 5
    if you guys are keen on trying I could take point on this one.

4. Aunt Jar Jar Mimah Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    A tour of the Ranch is a wonderful idea, but from everything I've always heard, we don't have a snowball's chance of a tour. Do at least e-mail them though and try.

I've tried obtaining interviews with them, just to see the inside. I've applied to a ton of jobs and even considered applying for a dishwasher postition. They haven't called me once though.

I hear they sometimes give tours to the Make a Wish Foundation recipients though. Back when the Ranch first opened, Ronald Reagan (the sitting president then) requested a tour. He was declined even. In less we can become children with Leukemia or Rick McCallum, I don't know how much success we'll have.

Oh, on a more positive note. There are rumors he's building a section open to the public. It'll have a store for merchandise and show various awards the movies have received. When that opens, we're there!

Any other ideas?
  5. pacman Jedi Knight

star 1
    Muuu Ha Ha, i just so happen to know the exact location of Skywalker Ranch! How did i obtain such knowledge? Well let's just say my sources at the National Geological Survey wish to remain anonymous....heheheh. I can see it now....local star wars fan arrested for trespassing after attempting to take a personal tour Industrial Light & Magic. Well on the other hand maybe that's not such a great idea, but it would be kinda cool to take a picture or something with the gate guard. :)
    I was thinking about ideas for future meetings and I remembered that I have Star Wars Trivial Pursuit and Star Wars Monoploly, so we could just hang out one night and play games and watch movies or something. Any other ideas?
  6. Sac-Town-Knight Jedi Knight

star 1
    I also have the SW Monopoly. But Republic credits are no good here, so I am told.
  7. Lord_Darth_Vader Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I had heard that ILM gave tours. I think we should pursue this further.

Sacul-1138, take the point, if you please.

Hey! I have Star Wars trivia pursuit! Cool idea!!

MMMMmmmmmmmmmmm, everyone sitting around playing Star Wars trivia pursuit, watching Star Wars on the TV, and PIZZA!! Now thats one heluva meeting!!! ;)
  8. Jeremyguy Jedi Master

star 4
    Hmm.... L_D_V speaks wisely....
  9. Jay Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    If you guys get in, lemme know, I'll take the train up to Sac and go with you.
  10. bright sith Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Wow, that's really ambitious an idea. I had not even thought of that possibility at all before. If we can't go, I'll settle for pizza, too. :)
  11. Lord_Darth_Vader Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Yeah! anyone got a big screen TV and enough room for everyone?

I am not sure of the name of the place, but isn't there a Lazer Tag place off of I-80 toward the Bay Area? Or somewhere in Sac? That would be cool. Wouldn't it?

Well, there's another one. Anyone like the idea?
  12. Aunt Jar Jar Mimah Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    We talked about it. That'd be a lot of fun. Nobody there on Saturday seemed to have any room to host a group. We could host it, but we have a small tv and little apartment.

Anyone else available?
  13. Sac-Town-Knight Jedi Knight

star 1
    I'll pass on lazer tag, but I won't pass on pizza and big screen. I've moved on to working on my living room or entertainment room as I like to call it, so my place is out(for now).
  14. Monsoon-Tier Jedi Padawan

Hello all,
    Monsoon here. I'm in process of seeing if I can use one of our lounges on the Coast Guard base to host a SW movie screening. The tv is a 36" sony wega and has a killer sound system. Is McClellan park, off of Watt Ave and Madison too far for anyone? Let me know if anyone thinks this would be a worth while endevor (did I spell that right).
    On that note I'd like to say Hola to AJJM, Pac, Sac, DS and all those cool cats that made it too the convention.
    later
  15. Jeremyguy Jedi Master

star 4
    That works for me, assuming it's a weekend and I can make it down from Chico. And that it's not at the end of March.
  16. Monsoon-Tier Jedi Padawan

right on jeremy. well that's one. Anyone else? if so, what days would be good. how about saturday march 2nd in the afternoon or evening?
  17. Lord_Darth_Vader Jedi Grand Master

star 5
  18. Sac-Town-Knight Jedi Knight

star 1
    Ouch March 1, 2, and 3 I'll be in LA for work.
  19. Jeremyguy Jedi Master

star 4
    Murphy's Law! The 2nd would be one of the few other times I couldn't make it. I have a recording project due in mid-March and I have a studio session scheduled for the 2nd. Figures.
  20. Aunt Jar Jar Mimah Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    That's great, awesome Monsoon! Let us know what works. !

And good morning to Jeremy. Finally another Sacramento morning person around here.
  21. Jeremyguy Jedi Master

star 4
    Heh. I'm not normally that much of a morning person, but for some reason I woke up at about 5 and couldn't get back to sleep. 7 is about my usual wake-up time.
  22. Aunt Jar Jar Mimah Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Yeah, that seemed pretty wild for a college student. I thought something seemed strange.
  23. Jeremyguy Jedi Master

star 4
    It was worse this morning. The phone rang before 4 AM and woke me up, then whoever it was hung up. I was almost back to sleep around 4:30 when it happened again. I tried to fall asleep again, but at about 5 I realized that it just wasn't going to happen. :mad:

Anyway, back on topic. Let's gather the 21+ people and go bar-hopping. :D

Kidding....
  24. bright sith Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I'm still awake at 4 am half of the week, but yeah, let's get back on topic. :)

My place is too small for this amount of people, and I don't know if you would want to put up with my roommates. :D But I'll be around for anything, and I have the TPM DVD as well as the OT THX release on VHS if our meetings need them.
  25. sacul-1138 Jedi Youngling

star 5
    SO what's the plan kids?

Ice Age comes out on the 15th of March btw if we still want to all go and see it + the new trailer for Ep 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.