main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Memph, TN Possible Ep. 7-9 scripts

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by DarthToddy, Jan 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthToddy

DarthToddy Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 22, 2004
    http://www.supershadow.com/

2. Qui-Gon Tim

Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep star 5

Apr 1, 2000
    I think that site is bogus, John. After reading the first paragraph of the "Episode 7" plot synopsis, the mere mention of Anakin Solo and Ben Skywalker 20 years after the Battle of Endor makes me suspect, especially since Anakin is pushing up daisies. (Of course, Lucas has screwed over some past EU authors' plots and characters with the Prequels, including his own in ROTJ.) But when this "Supershadow" person stated on his site, "On many occasions, Lucas has offered me beaucoup money to write something about Star Wars. I have turned down all his offers because I?m not gonna sell out.", then I figured it was another 15-year-old having delusions of grandeur in his parent's basement.

I'm open for surprises, though,

Of course, Harrison Ford has been drinking a lot lately, so maybe he's boning up for the role of Han Solo. :p

3. DarthToddy

Jan 22, 2004
    yeah i figured...........even if they do make 7-9, I hope they put it after the NJO. Ben and Anakin never really got to meet. I'm not sure if I'm going to like the idea of 7 - 9 unless it's after the NJO. How could would it be to see a Yuuzhan-Vong?

John

4. MstrYoda420

MstrYoda420 Jedi Youngling

Jan 26, 2004
    why not just do the Thrawn trilogy next?

5. Dork-Vader

Dork-Vader Star Wars Sketch Card Artist star 4 VIP

May 14, 2003
    I know I've said this before, but I wish they would do more animated features, like the Clone Wars- only longer!

There's so much EU out there between the books, comics, fan fic, etc. that they could keep doing Star Wars stuff for years without ever running out of good material.

What about goin back to the Sith Wars? What about doing some shorts like the Dark Horse Star Wars tales? There's just so much out there to chose from.

Lin

6. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    MsterYoda: I'd love to see the Thrawn Trilogy as a movie, but I often wonder if too much would have to be cut out to transfer it to the screen.

BTW- Welcome to the Memphis FanForce boards. Are you from the Memphis area?

Lin: I was really blown away by the Clone Wars cartoons. It wouldn't bother me one bit to see more animated SW features.

7. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    Yep, the CW toons were too cool!

8. Smokem_Alien

Smokem_Alien Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 2, 2002
    I loved the Clone Wars Cartoon and will definetly buy it if it goes to DVD. I think there is a lot of room for Sw animation and I'd also like to see a SW TV series. Lucasfilm definetly should do some branching.

9. Ima_Toydarian

Ima_Toydarian Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 4, 2003
    Can you imagine if they had done a SW tv show like they did the Young Indiana Jones Chronicles..?

10. swqueen759

swqueen759 Jedi Youngling

Jan 14, 2004
    that would be awasome if they did. But I kinda like the movies where they ended them ya know? If they continued them then it could ruin the books.

11. Steja_Palex

Steja_Palex Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 18, 2001
    Yeah, I'm with you, swqueen. I like the movies just the way they are. Guess I'm just old school, but I think alot of us are old school here. OT all the way, baby!!

12. swqueen759

Jan 14, 2004
    Yeah, it would ruin the sw image! I think things r cool rite now w/ sw. The attack on Courasant was succsessful, the force is now better understood, and everyones decieded how to serve it. It will be interesting to see how everyone comes to gether to rebuid the galaxy, but i want that on paper, not in theaters.

13. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    But you can't watch 'em blow things up in surround-sound on paper!

I think there's room for them all- just as long as it's done well. I do tend to watch ANH more than the others, although I love the look and drama of ESB- the cast really seemed to grow into their characters and have great chemestry, and there's something different about the directing...

14. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    I'm an ESB man all the way.

15. Steja_Palex

Aug 18, 2001
    Tim: I'm with you, ESB is definitely my favorite of the OT. Seems like it all came together in that movie. Yeah, we're OTG...Original Trilogy Gangstas.

16. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Sounds like we should start rapping at any moment, Steve.

Break it down, y'all...

17. DarthToddy

Jan 22, 2004
    I agree with swqueen. the movies are prefect....the books explain it very well. I like what Luke has done with the Jedi order. They seem a lot more kick ass in the NJO than in the prequels. I almost feel like (dare I say) Luke is as powerful as Yoda in the NJO, almost (I wil say it) more powerful than any I have ever heard or read.
    Back to the subject....6 movies.........and if you do 3 sequels.........post NJO!!!

18. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    "Yeah, we're OTG...Original Trilogy Gangstas."

Man, I see some really bad free-style rap coming up at the next Drive-In Night!

I have to agree- OT, with ESB being my favorite, but ANH a very close second. But then there's the slave Leia costume in ROTJ...

Haven't read much of the EU- mostly the Han Solo Trilogy and SOTME, but followed the comics for years and have some stuff on audio.

19. DarthToddy

Jan 22, 2004
    Why is ROTJ always getting dissed in the OT. I think the best duel(s) were in that movie and the last space battle...whoa!!! I barely remember seeing ESB when I was but a Padawan. When ROTJ came out....I saw it twice. Plus one of my passions of the SW universe is lightsabers.....and Luke's green one is my favorite...coolest one of all the 5 movies...in my book at least. ESB rocks and is probably the best of all 5 so far.....yeah the bad guys win...what a concept, but from the ESB duel to the end of ROTJ are favorite parts of the OT. Speaking of the OT...anyone have the first ones (pre-SE)?
    Also...the hottest looking woman on film..slave leia is in this one.

20. Smokem_Alien

Smokem_Alien Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 2, 2002
    RtoJ is my all time fave.

21. Steja_Palex

Aug 18, 2001
    I did have three different sets of the OT. Two OT vhs boxed set and one SE vhs boxed set. But I left one set of the OT for my daughter after I divorced and kept the other two. I much prefer the OT to the SE. Maybe it's just a nolstalgia thing, that they are the original three. Plus...Han doesn't shoot first, and Luke doesn't scream!!!

However, I do like the improvements they made in the Cloud City scenes in ESB.

22. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    Yep, my only real problems with the ROTJ are the ewoks, Boba Fett's early demise, the bad acting/direction between Leia and Luke on Endor about Vader being their father, when Luke/Mark tries to turn Vader back on the landing platform. I liked the final battle between Luke and Vader, the speeder chase was fun to watch in the theater, and Leia looked very hot in the metal bikini.

I don't know, overall it just lacked the emotion, chemstry, and visual punch the first, an especially the second had in the OT.

In the SE: ANH- I loved the re-vamped blockade runner scenes, brighter/more vibrant colors and sunsets, and added Biggs and x-wing scenes. I hated Greedo shot first, and thought Jabba looked like a big green lump of clay. He looked more like himself in Ep1 and that was supposed to be years before ANH and ROTJ!

ESB- I loved the cleaned up snow speeder scenes and extended Bespin arrival. I thought the Wampa scene could've been a bit scarier, and he looked like he was posing after his arm was cut off. Not even gonna go into the Luke scream or Han vest/no vest goof!

ROTJ- The bantha herd scene was great! I liked the bigger sarlacc, even though it looked a bit like Audrey2. The musical number at Jabba's- what the heck was that?!

The last two, (or first two!) I dug Darth Maul, Qui-Gon, Jengo, and the clone troopers- not much else...

I'm hoping that this next one will just be a roller-caoster ride. A dark, exciting, and fast paced roller-coaster that will last at least 2 1/2 to 3 hrs!

Hey, if ROTK can go 3=hrs, why not the next Star Wars?!

23. swqueen759

Jan 14, 2004
    Well, ROTK is ROTK. SW is SW. I GUES sw could go THAT long, but It wouldn't be sw as we know it. Wich is good cuz Ep. 3 needs to be unique. But still, the people who like hate every movie might be like "ur making it long cuz of ROTK!" Well let em be that way! Episode 3 should be alittle bit longer, allot more is going on in it. And they would mean more Camera time for Hayden!

24. swqueen759

Jan 14, 2004
  25. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    "...would mean more Camera time for Hayden!"

I'm sure that Rhonda would agree!

I think the length of the move depends on the story and how it's been edited and directed. If the pace of the movie is done like a roller coaster (much like Raiders of the Lost Ark) where it keeps the story advancing (and you from falling asleep or looking at your watch) then great, let's see some 3+hr movies. What drives me nuts is when a director and/or editor thinks they have to hit 90 minutes or two hours on the dot, and cut some stuff that's important to the picture. At the same time, there are times when they go back and add things that weren't necessary, or change the film and/or characters. The Biggs/Luke relationship was important to ANH. Greedo shooting first, Luke screaming like a girl, and a musical number at Jabba's wasn't!

Then again I think the Hulk was 30 minutes too long, liked most of what they did with the director's cut of Highlander and I can't wait for the director's cut of DareDevil!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.