Possible Ep. 7-9 scripts

Discussion in 'Memphis, TN' started by DarthToddy, Jan 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WonderPants Jedi Knight

star 3
    Biggs/Luke relationship was important to ANH.

But it seems like a rather pointless addition without the corresponding Anchorhead scenes. You need that to appreciate the hangar scene properly, and Biggs biting it in the trench. Otherwise, most people will probably be thinking "who's this guy?" when Biggs appears.
  2. swqueen759 Jedi Padawan

It all depends on ur idea of what's important.
  3. Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 5
    I've got to agree with Ben on this one. I think if the Biggs/Luke and Anchorhead Scenes had been left in, Biggs' death would've been much more meaningful, more important because we would've known his importance to Luke.
  4. DarthToddy Jedi Master

star 2
    anyone have the footage cut out...aka .....the biggs/Luke scenes...from ANH
  5. Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 5
    John: I've got it on disk. It's on the Magic and Myth CD-Rom set, along with the Anchorhead scene and a few others.
  6. DarthToddy Jedi Master

star 2
    I wanna see I wanna see I wanna see.....can I? can I? can I? :)
  7. Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 5
    I'll see what I can do for you, John. BTW- You going to bowl with us this weekend? If so, I may be able to bring you a disk.
  8. Dork-Vader Star Wars Sketch Card Artist

VIP
    star 4
    "But it seems like a rather pointless addition without the corresponding Anchorhead scenes."

Yes and no- Luke had mentioned him to his uncle over lunch earlier. Without the added scene(s) Biggs is just Red 3(?) to a lot folks who've seen the movie.

As far as the extra footage, Tim- I'd love to see that at one of the Drive-In Movie nights! (Oh, and can I get a copy..?)

BTW- Picked up Comic Book: The Movie last night. I'll have to bring it Saturday for you to borrow.
  9. Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 5
    I'll burn you a copy of it, Lin. The last time I saw it was during our panel at last year's MSC, so I may have to go back and watch it again, too. We should show that before one of the Drive-In night films. I've thought about it and would love to at least show ANH or ESB Drive-In-style again.
  10. Steja_Palex Jedi Master

star 4
    Ooh, ooh...I vote ESB!! ESB!!
  11. Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 5
    Me, too!! Me, too!!!

That reminds me- We need to start compiling a list of possible films to show during the spring film series.
    Start posting your answers in the Event Planning and Discussion Thread, Y'all.
  12. rhonderoo Former Head Admin

star 9
    when Luke/Mark tries to turn Vader back on the landing platform

One of the best scenes in the movie (for Vader anyway).

ROTJ is my favorite of the OT, it seems to have more emotion (or the story does). I've heard critics say that ESB lacks the SW feel, seeming out of place with ANH and ROTJ, where some camp is expected and appreciated. Han's "then I'll see you in hell!" is the campiest line in the saga IMO, I actually cringe when he says that.

You know me, I just have to be different. ;) I like the 1st part (i.e. PT) of the saga's political intrigue more than the last parts (i.e OT) space battles, I think the good thing about EpIII is it will involve both. I know to some SW fans, there's a snobbery to which part of the saga (I don't believe in the terms OT and PT - when it comes down to it, its all one saga - "we must unlearn what we have learned"), which is funny because in the scheme of things...its science fiction. Meh, it all comes down to opinion anyway. :)

In a few years they will all be viewed the same, that's the great thing about it. All 3 of the first movies were ripped to shreds for the same things the last three were - bad dialogue, too much cgi/puppetry/bad acting. We'll get the six super-duper set, and everyone will forget "ye old fan wars".

And SWqueen, Hayden makes a mighty fine Jedi/Sith Lord doesn't he? Vader, fine as hell under the mask? Who knew? [face_laugh]

Tim, how many hours are left on the LCD bulb, do you know? I checked prices yesterday....$500 a piece. [face_shocked]
  13. Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 5
    Rhonda: I'll have to fire the projector up and let you know. It didn't have a whole lot of hours on it when we last used it, but that was before Nightmarez. I haven't checked since then.
  14. Dork-Vader Star Wars Sketch Card Artist

VIP
    star 4
    "Tim, how many hours are left on the LCD bulb, do you know? I checked prices yesterday....$500 a piece."

Rhonda: We/Nightmarez still owes you one! I'll contact Pat and Todd about getting one to you. Just let me know the make/model and/or part #. Oh, Pat bought a projector for the haunt to use next year. He was a happy haunter when he got it in after Halloween! Oh, also- the RMH has thier own projector so if we do something out there we won't have to use yours.

rhonderoo
    when Luke/Mark tries to turn Vader back on the landing platform

One of the best scenes in the movie (for Vader anyway).

Yeah, I just thought Mark's performance was a bit off. I did love the size difference between the two, and when Vader switched on the saber next to Luke's head!

I love the innocence and nostalgia of ANH, the mood, action, interaction, and vibrant colors (and updated Vader armor!)of ESB, and the throne room battle (and metal bikini!) in ROTJ!

The real problem I had with the first two of the prequeals is that the mood, scope, action, and excitement of the trailers seemed to be missing when I got to see the movies. Don't get me wrong, I still enjoy them and absolutely love many parts of them, they just have a few times where I wonder what the heck George was thinking!

Looking forward to the next one and hope it becomes my new favorite!
  15. rhonderoo Former Head Admin

star 9
    I've thought about it and would love to at least show ANH or ESB Drive-In-style again.

We need to show all five, even if we don't get to do as many other non-SW movies.
  16. DarthToddy Jedi Master

star 2
    I just wanna see one of the movies, but that would be so cool if we can plan to see all 5 before or near the Ep. 3 release
  17. Dork-Vader Star Wars Sketch Card Artist

VIP
    star 4
    I just wanna see one of the movies, but that would be so cool if we can plan to see all 5 before or near the Ep. 3 release

I'd really love to do a marathon next spring before Ep3 hits. Maybe we could watch the OT one weekend, and the prequels the next.

We can only do ESB if we do the others... It would be tragic to go through the summer without watching all 5 of the saga that's out, even if we have to let Alien go...*sigh* They come first.

But that's all we watched last year. I'm all for watching all 5 films- especially on the big screen, I'd just like to see us do more. I loved the idea of doing films that are related to SW in some way- cast, crew, parody, genre, or SW mention. Maybe we could start off the series with ANH and/or disperse the rest throughout the summer/finish off with a marathon.

Lin
  18. rhonderoo Former Head Admin

star 9
    Maybe we could start off the series with ANH and/or disperse the rest throughout the summer/finish off with a marathon

That's along the lines of what I was talking about. It looks like we'll be doing it more often, we wouldn't want to just show them only over and over again, but to draw in more fans and let the ones who weren't here last year see it on the huge screen, we should definitely at least include all of them one time. If Tim is planning every Sat. night starting in the spring that's approximately 14 or so Saturdays. We'll have plenty of time to show other movies also. A good idea would be to vote on each of the Saturdays that we don't plan to show a SW film on what we want at that time. We should start with ANH and show the other 4 first though for those not with us last year. :)
  19. Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 5
    OK, now we're talking!

Good ideas, Lin and Rhonda. I would still love to do all five of the SW films, even at the expense of non-SW films.

We already have the screen and projector (which has a 2000-hour life, and I know the current bulb can't have more than a couple of hundred hours usage on it), and I'm not planning on making these the major shindigs the others were, (I ain't barbecuing nothin'!). Basically, I'll get the poles set so all I have to do is hoist the screen up like a sail and set up the projector. My only wish would be to have something to use as a projector stand to bring the projector up off the ground about 6 feet. That way, we could gain a 15-foot wider section of my yard for seating (meaning no one would have to worry about sitting in front of the projector). Folks would just have to bring their own lawn chairs, blankets, and food.

And as long as the house next to me is vacant, at least that's one less neighbor to worry about.

We should get everyone's input on the non SW films they'd like to see. Maybe we should decide how we'd like to narrow it down, as in keep in within specific genres, or narrow it down by actors, directors, etc.
  20. DarthToddy Jedi Master

star 2
    A good non-SW film , but with SW references galore would be Jay and Silent Bob Strikes Back. You get past the language its pretty funny spin-off on SW and other classics
  21. rhonderoo Former Head Admin

star 9
    We already have the screen and projector (which has a 2000-hour life, and I know the current bulb can't have more than a couple of hundred hours usage on it).

Is there a way to tell how many hours have been used on the bulb in there? They had it at the mill for quite a while, I think the projector is about 6 years old. Did we put a new one in it last year?
  22. Dork-Vader Star Wars Sketch Card Artist

VIP
    star 4
    "My only wish would be to have something to use as a projector stand to bring the projector up off the ground about 6 feet."

Tim: I may have some wood left in the storage room behind the haunt. If not I may be able to score enough pvc to do a stand. We could make it to where it can be bolted together, and possibly left together and easily moved during the summer.

Rhonda:Yep, that's kinda what I was thinking, too. We need to show the SW flicks to try and get more SW fans interested (and the big screen's really the only way to see SW!), but show enough of the non-SW ones so that the rest of us don't get burned out. I think showing a fan film and/or cartoon before will help keep it fun and exciting. I've also got a couple directors cuts of some of those other films folks might not have seen.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.