main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Jack, FL Possible event april 1st ,2nd and 3rd need volunteers ASAP

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by darth-blaze, Mar 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darth-blaze

darth-blaze Jedi Padawan star 4

May 19, 2002
    Here is the scoop, Walmart superstores are doing the RotS midnight sale event starting on april 1st at 11pm and starting selling the toys at midnight(12:01am) on April 2nd, and another event on April 2nd/3rd from 9am to 4pm. Walmart has requested the presence of the 501st legion but as far as I know nothing is going on in Jacksonville, I will ask about it but I need to know how many people will volunteer to do this IN COSTUME. They said that we get first dips on the toys.I will get more info today. So what I need now is VOLUNTEERS IN COSTUME, I will be dress up as CLONETROOPER and I got 2 more costumes that I can Loan (1 jedi and 1 dark Jedi) the only thing that you will need is boots and possible 1 belt since I only have 1 belt.

2. Leia214

Leia214 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 24, 2004
    Which Walmart Blaze? I would probably be interested for the midnight deal - on Saturday, 4/2 I need to be in line at Target for the Lava Vader though!! I can come back to Walmart after that.

I might have some other people from rebelscum interested too - I will let you know on them.

3. darth-blaze

May 19, 2002
    It looks like the Walmart @ Normandy Blvd since so far is the only one with the anouncement at the door, but nobody knows is a midnight sale yet. I do not want to talk to the store GM until I have couple people that are willing to come. I want to start our first activity on the right foot. you know.

4. Leia214

Oct 24, 2004
    Well count me in for sure for that Friday night and most of Saturday.

If I can talk my husband into it, can he borrow one of your Jedi costumes if no one else volunteers?

5. Leia214

Oct 24, 2004
    Any updates on this Luis? My husband said he WILL dress up in your loaner jedi costume so you can at least count us in for Friday night.

6. MiraNova34

MiraNova34 Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 12, 2004
    sorry we hate to miss this but we'll be out of town. have fun and take lots of pics.

7. darth-blaze

May 19, 2002
    Hopefully somebody will show up with a camera, I can't take any pics with my armor on.

8. Leia214

Oct 24, 2004
    Luis - are we a definite 'go' on this? How many people will be there and what the details we need to know.

I am just psyched that we get first dibs on the TOYS! How are they going to do that - let us in right before midnight??

I am getting EXCITED - it will be alot of fun and I will bring a camera to take pics.

9. darth-blaze

May 19, 2002
    I just got a call back from Toys R Us manager and he said we are a go. I'm going to do everything in my power to make Toys R us shine I will pull all my strings to make our first event the best one in Jacksonville area, because Walmart is giving me the run around. Now that I got the management attention from Toys R Us I'm going to try to work out a deal and see what we can get for free or something like that. I'm pretty sure that they will let us get first dips on the toys or at least let us pick them and put them away.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.