main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Toronto Possible Event

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Spiderfan, Apr 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spiderfan

Spiderfan Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 9, 2004
    Here is the deal. This June the 20th Anniversary of my favorite movie will roll around and I am wanting to celebrate. I know more then a few people around here like the movie or, even better, love it. So here is what I am thinking.

I want to have an evening of GHOSTBUSTERS

This evening would include:
    - watching Ghostbusters (1984)
    - watching a few episodes of the Real Ghostbusters (1986)
    - watching Ghostbusters 2 (1989)

Now this isn't an official event by any means. Right now its just me and a few buddies taking a day off work to reflect on a childhood medium.

A time has yet to be picked because I have to book that day off work, but I want to know if there is any interest.

Anyone want to join us?

2. Duker_Duck

Duker_Duck Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 25, 2001
    I'd be game. might even have a friend who'd kill me if he didn't come with me.

3. THEREALSHMII

THEREALSHMII Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    It's a bit early, but sounds fun. There might be a future conflict though. I know the new Harry Potter film is due out aound that time. You might want to check to make sure it's not the same weekend. Part of the group may want to see the film.

4. Spiderfan

Spiderfan Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 9, 2004
    Well this is just a bunch of friends getting together to watch the DVD. As far as I know Sony Pictures (who purchased Columbia, who owned the rights to the franchise) has nothing in the works for the films, though they have liscensed the property to a Canadian Comic Book studio who is now publishing first a miniseries then an on going series based on the property.

This event is simply me and a few others getting together one evening and watching a little ghostbusters. It can be anyweekend I just want it to be in June sometime and was intrigued to see how many people were interested. If its just me and Pepper we will just watch it at his place...but if others want to join us i need to start making arrangements. Again I realize its early but with how busy i have been lately i dont want to leave this to the last minute.

5. THEREALSHMII

THEREALSHMII Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    Ok got ya. Yes we'd be interested.

6. Sabrina001

Sabrina001 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 12, 2002
    late June is a bit far ahead to plan (even for me), but I would be interested, especially since I am reducing my workload to just TWO jobs (office job and freelancing) in the very near future. Ah, free time, I've missed you.

Sabrina

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.