main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Possible FanFilm

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by austinator0042, Sep 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. austinator0042

austinator0042 Jedi Youngling

Sep 12, 2005
    Me and a buddy from school are considering doing a Star Wars fanfilm and will if we do a fanfilm, we will be doing a lightsaber fight.
    At the point, the defintes of the plot are not known, but we probably will want to do some space shots. However, we dont have any animation software and we have no idea how to do it if we had the software.
    In the event that we need to do a space shot, would any of yall animators let us use your work(we will credit you in the movie and find a way to get you a copy)

New to the board and I dont know what yalls feelings on this are.

2. Dark-Vador1138

Dark-Vador1138 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 14, 2004
    Consider? Do or do not! There is no consider!

3. DVeditor

DVeditor Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 21, 2001
    austinator0042 - Welcome to TFN! :D

Before you use anyone's work you need to ask them directly. Period. :) That said, I'm sure many people here wouldn't mind you using something they created however if you're taking a shot from their film it will cheapen yours quite a bit. You can request assistance if needed but I'm not sure how people would react to the use of individual scenes. Either way it'd be best to ask them directly when the time comes.

Hope that helps!

4. odj_310388

odj_310388 Jedi Knight star 5

May 30, 2002
    Me and a buddy from school are considering doing a Star Wars fanfilm and will if we do a fanfilm, we will be doing a lightsaber fight.
    At the point, the defintes of the plot are not known, but we probably will want to do some space shots.

You need to work out your script or even rough storyline before you even ask these kinds of questions.

5. Dark-Vador1138

Dark-Vador1138 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 14, 2004
    Hey austinator0042, Read some of the Choreography basics in the FanFilm's section at TheForce.net, Then go on a sunday to a nice forest with, Take your camera (Obviously :p), Get several 1.10 meter aluminum tubes or carbon fibre ones (If you're able to). Then Practice a bit with them, To get the hang of it, And then choreograph some moves, And record, Now if you want good camera angles, Visualize your fight in mind, I got some good shots from visualizing how it will look, Also, When choreographing, Choreograph not only the clashes, But also footwork, Speed and placement. After you'll finish recording, Get it on your Computer and submit it to LCC4! :D

6. austinator0042

austinator0042 Jedi Youngling

Sep 12, 2005
    I am not going to use anyones work without their permission.
    The reason I am asking about using others work before the details of the script are completed is because, if we put a space scene in, we need a means of using the space scene.

7. DVeditor

Dec 21, 2001
    I would encourage you to find other ways besides using footage from other films - if something is seen in one FanFilm and then in another (but a different context) it will greatly reduce the impact of the work that was put into it IMHO. Just my two cents though. ;)

8. swimmerman91

swimmerman91 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 22, 2005
    come on, if I got to do work, then so do you. No free rides on the bandwagon. Do some work and think of yur own ideas. they can B just as good , w/o taking someone elses work.
    GOT IT! *deep breath* did i just say what i think i said? [face_worried]
    (X-files opening music in back ground)

9. Joseph_the_Terror

Joseph_the_Terror Jedi Master

Sep 11, 2005
    If you need a co-writer or editor for your script, I'd be happy to help.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 27, 2018
  10. swimmerman91

Aug 22, 2005
    don't feel like PM cuz i'll never get an answer. did you PM me about animation? PM answer soon!

11. DVeditor

Dec 21, 2001
    Do not take this thread off target - keep your one-on-one communication to PM please. :)

12. swimmerman91

Aug 22, 2005
    sorry DV, can who ever started this thread give me more details on this film.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.