main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hou, TX Possible Halloween Party

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by _erikstormtrooper_, Sep 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. _erikstormtrooper_

_erikstormtrooper_ Jedi Youngling star 2

May 26, 2006
    Here's another idea that grew out of the August Meeting. Brian (Sith-Trooper) said we might be able to generate some buzz for the FanForce if we can get a bar to host a sci-fi costume night on Friday, October 30th, the day before Halloween.

If we can guarantee that a certain number of people (say, 8) will show up in Star Wars costumes, we could convince the bar that this would be a great promotion for them. Then we could hand out our own fliers. Win-win!

I personally don't know if I'll be able to make it, but how about y'all? A few stormtroopers would be great eye candy.

2. Sith-Trooper

Sith-Trooper Jedi Youngling

Jun 30, 2009
    I would be more than happy to make the pitch to any Houston bar already having a Halloween party that Friday. Any suggestions of places would be great in addition to me researching the internet or the yellow pages for places.

It would be something to act on now since we have less than 2 months for the bar to prep for something like this.

I would just need to get an idea of how many peeps would be interested in something like this so I can give them an estimated number as to how many costumed characters we could bring to the table. Hopefully we can get cheaper or free drinks for those of us who attend and get a venue for sci-fi people to party regardless if they are dressed or not.

Interested Parties
    1. Sith-Trooper(Brian) - Gun Metal Stormtrooper
    2.???

3. Zakk

Zakk Jedi Youngling

Jun 7, 2006
    If I'm in town I'll be there, but I have no costume (at least not yet).

4. _erikstormtrooper_

May 26, 2006
    Margaret sent me this info on a Halloween party:

1400 Bar and Grill (www.1400barandgrill.com) is having a Halloween party Friday October 30th.

Margaret saw fliers posted there a few nights ago.

Is anyone interested in going in costume?

5. ID6796

ID6796 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 26, 2009
    My first question is there a cover charge and if so, how much?

6. _erikstormtrooper_

May 26, 2006
    I just called and there is no cover charge.

7. Sith-Trooper

Sith-Trooper Jedi Youngling

Jun 30, 2009
    Damn!!! I just found out I had to be out of town that weekend. I would have gone for sure:(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.