main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Possible Jedi Survivors that could star in the TV Show?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by RevantheJediMaster, Jul 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RevantheJediMaster

RevantheJediMaster Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 12, 2005
    Sorry dude Luminara is dead it even says in the official site's databank entry on her.

2. Sumras_Naju

Sumras_Naju Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 29, 2005
    I know that in the Comic Book version of Revenge Of The Sith that Barris Offee died in the comics. Not sure if that means anything or not but it did show her getting shot by a walker.

3. Hyperion51

Hyperion51 Jedi Master star 3

Jun 11, 2005
    Yeah. It looked like the blaster fire was hitting behind her, and it looked like at least one shot hit her left leg. After that, I don't know of it shows the body or anything.

Don't use the ROTS official novel for a list of who's who among the dead Jedi. Aside from the mentioning of Mace and his posse, and Gate Master Jurrack(sp?) at the Temple, the novel is surprisingly vauge about who died and where. It just says that the purge took place all over the galaxy, and listed the planets where the Jedi in the movie where seen killed at.

4. RevantheJediMaster

Jun 12, 2005
    Well Barris was shot by a walker in the comic version and I think the impact alone of a walker blast could kill someone. I doubt she survived that encounter but who really knows she could have survived but she probably did not. I would also think the walker would continue to blast her until the Clones felt there was no chance of her surviving. Barris was on Felucia and so was Aayla Secura and she was shot repeatedly by the Clones and I think the Clones in the walker would do the same to make sure she's dead. I also think GL wouldn't of approved the scene in the comic where Barris is getting shot by a walker if he wanted her to survive and star in the Star Wars Live Action TV Series but I could be wrong. It would be pretty cool to see her in the Star Wars Live Action TV Series though.

5. 16years

16years Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 21, 2004
    i think that the fact that they made a point to go and change the signal telling them to come back to the temple, meant that there will be surviving jedi. and if it were up to me i would like to see luminara back for the tv series (whether you say she's dead or not) ;-)

6. RevantheJediMaster

Jun 12, 2005
    Dude I didn't completely dismiss the idea of Barris being in the TV Series it would be fine with me but Luminara is dead sorry to tell you it was reported in her databank entry at the official site starwars.com.

7. EricIsBacchus

EricIsBacchus Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 16, 2003
    I stopped reading the comics a couple of months ago. Is Quinlan Vos still alive?

8. Blackout

Blackout Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2000
    After RotS? 'fraid not.

{||||| ?||} -----------------------------

9. EricIsBacchus

EricIsBacchus Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 16, 2003
    Yeah, after RotS. I assume he died as part of Order 66?

He would have been cool to have in the TV show IMO.

10. RevantheJediMaster

Jun 12, 2005
    You could get the ROTS Graphic Novel I'm pretty sure it's the same thing as the ROTS Comics. Quinlan Vos is also shown getting blasted at by the Clones in the ROTS Graphic Novel.

11. Zakor1138

Zakor1138 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 9, 2005
    I would like to see Voolvif Monn. I love shistavanen wolfmen!

12. MDK06

MDK06 Jedi Youngling

Jul 3, 2005
    Queenie, why are you glad Aayla got killed off?

13. jedi-mafia89

jedi-mafia89 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 15, 2003
    Yaddle? lol I think its possible for Plo Koon to show up, I mean he couldve survived that crash.

14. RevantheJediMaster

Jun 12, 2005
    I'm pretty sure Yaddle was killed in an EU book in between Episode 1 and 2 and I think it's more likely to use a Jedi who wasn't shot down in his Jedi Fighter Jet by Clones in ROTS. Plo Koon probably died and I think they may use an unknown Jedi or a minor Jedi from the movies who wasn't shown geting shot or killed in any of the ROTS novel, graphic novel, movie, and the ROTS video game. I don't think GL would have shown Plo Koon getting shot down in his Jedi fighter jet if he intended him to live and star in the Star Wars Live Action TV Series. If you want to see Plo Koon in action again you will probably have to wait till Fall 2007 for the release of the upcoming Clone Wars 3D Animated Series since Plo Koon didn't have a role at all in the original Clone Wars Animated Mini-Series Volumes 1 and 2 I'm guessing he will have a role since we didn't get to know him as a Jedi in the PT or the original Clone Wars Animated Mini-Series Volumes 1 and 2 and Plo Koon is also a pretty popular character even though he has such a minor role. The episodes for the upcoming Clone Wars 3D Animated Series are going to be full length 30 minute episodes so there will also be way more time to learn about characters and tell new stories compared to the original Clone Wars Animated Mini-Series first volume's 3 minute episodes and the original Clone Wars Animated Mini-Series second volume's 15 minute episodes.

15. Blackout

Oct 7, 2000
    12 minutes, Revan. 12 minutes. Come on mate, get it right!

[/playin' witcha! ;) ]

16. RevantheJediMaster

Jun 12, 2005
    Yeah I knew it was either 12 minutes or 15 minutes I went with 15 minutes my mistake. You're right Blackout the original Clone Wars Animated Mini-Series second volume episodes are 12 minutes not 15 minutes.

17. Blackout

Oct 7, 2000
    You cool, Revan ;) I admire your attention to detail.

More Plo Koon would be nice. Slightly off-topic, does anyone know if Plo Koon speaks Basic? I think a subtitled PK would be cool. Add a bit of movie-realism and that. :)

The only reason I mention it is that in Jedi Academy, all the player characters speak basic regardless of their species (Human, Rodian, Kel-Dor, Zabrak), although this is a game-mechanic and not a canon-issue ;)

18. Hyperion51

Jun 11, 2005
    This is just speculation on my part, but just because an individual may be dead after ROTS doesn't mean a character could not appear. Obi-Wan died in ANH, but by way of becoming a force ghost, he was in, and played an important part in ESB and ROTJ. While only Jedi that have been trained to see them can see a force ghost, or in the case of Luke, be very powerful, that doesn't mean that the number of Jedi that could return as force ghost are limited to those that may have training for communicating with one.

Perhaps Obi-Wan, Yoda, or by some occurance another surviving Jedi may see a forceghost of a dead Jedi, such as Mace, Luminara Unduli, Barriss Offee, Aayla Secura, or some other Jedi that shows up as a force ghost.

Also, another posibility would be a flashback. Maybe Obi-Wan, Yoda, some other surviving Jedi, or someone else at random that is in the show will have a flashback scene involving a Jedi, and this flashback will somehow have relevance to the what is happening or about to happen on the show.

19. RevantheJediMaster

Jun 12, 2005
    It's possible Jedi survivors that could star in the upcoming Star Wars Live Action TV Series not just appear in it but yes you could be right. The dead Jedi who would have to become a force ghost to appear in the upcoming Star Wars Live Action TV Series would either have to be very powerful, undergone the training by Qui-Gon-Jinn, or be very knowledgeable of the force. I doubt there will be any Jedi who appear as force ghosts but there could be dead Jedi who appear in flashbacks. Good thinking Hyperion51.

20. Blackout

Oct 7, 2000
    From what I gather of the final moments of RotS, Yoda doesn't yet know the secret of retaining identity after 'death'; it's a process that Obi-Wan and Yoda will learn in the years to come. When Yoda is meditating on Polis Masa (as Bail comes into the room to tell him Obi-Wan has contacted them), he's talking with Qui-Gon and has just agreed to become Qui-Gon's apprentice, in order to learn more about the Force.
    With that in mind, it's highly unlikely that Yoda could have trained any other Jedi in this (or even planted the seed for the Jedi to play with*), prior to Order 66. So really, the only Force-ghost we'd be seeing at that point in the timeline would be Qui-Gon. Which would be nice, but I wouldn't hold my breath ;) Know what I mean?

* the only exception I can think of to this would be Shaak Ti. In two scenes cut from RotS, she was meditating while she was killed. I suppose it's possible she was working on the theory that Obi-Wan perfected on the Death Star. We know she's hella powerful, it could work. But if that turns out to be a canon-explanation of her death, she appears to be the only one who died at least semi-peacefully.

Another avenue for Jedi-resurrection would be Holocrons of course, but I don't think Obi-Wan and Yoda managed to pick any up from the temple when they were re-programming the homing signal. We'll see though!

:) {||||| ?||} -----------------------------

21. RevantheJediMaster

Jun 12, 2005
    Qui-Gon wasn't trained to become one with the force so it's possible some dead Jedi who had great knowledge of the force or was very powerful could have figured out how to become one with the force but I doubt it.

22. Blackout

Oct 7, 2000
    I doubt it also ;) It's possible I suppose, but Qui-Gon was meant to have been the first one to achieve this. That's why Yoda is so perplexed when he hears his voice in AotC.
    You'd think if it had been done previously, there'd be some record of it. The Council would know at least, even if they didn't make it open knowledge.

Ah well. :)

23. RevantheJediMaster

Jun 12, 2005
    Yes but there could be other Jedi killed during Order 66 or during the Jedi Purge who became one with the force after Qui-Gon who became one with the force after Darth Maul killed him in Episode 1 but I doubt that any other Jedi besides Qui-Gon were able to become one with the force after they were killed in Order 66 or during the whole 19 year Jedi Purge between ROTS and ANH.

24. Hyperion51

Jun 11, 2005
    While a living Jedi, such as Obi-Wan or Yoda would need training or have to be extremely powerful in the force to see and interact with a force ghost, IMO, which Jedi actually become a force ghost may really depend on the Jedi in question. I would be guessing about other Jedi and how powerful they might be, but for example, I could see Mace appearing, likely to Yoda, as a force ghost. I could See someone like Ki Adi Mundi or Plo Koon possibly being able to come back as a force ghost. Of course, I don't seem to recall a lot of information about the force ghost ability being mentioned, even in the EU, so all Jedi could be able to appear if someone is there that can see them, or it could be something on an individual basis.

25. RevantheJediMaster

Jun 12, 2005
    In the upcoming Star Wars Live Action TV Series I think are best chance of seeing dead Jedi are in flashbacks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.