main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Spring, MO Possible KC/STLFF Get Together

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Darth Gangrenous, Jan 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth Gangrenous

Darth Gangrenous Chosen One star 10

Jun 1, 2005
    KC's(Heart of the Allience) CR( SouthernSith ) PMed me earlier today wanting to do a get together. Here's what he said in the PM:

Greetings from KC, the other side of the state.
    I know I haven't showed my face around for a while (and that was only once or twice when I was elected PR), but some members of my group over here in KC have been expressing a little interest of having a get together with ya'll, Springfield, and that IL. one that you mentioned sometime this upcoming year. I don't think anyone here cares where it's located at, they just would like something. I was just wondering if you had any ideas for something like that. One friend of mine suggested a Star Wars day or weekend at one of the lakes.
    Just let me know if you can think of something, or like that idea.

What do you all think about this? It sounds like a goodtime to me.

2. jedi_runya

jedi_runya Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 4, 2005
    SHE also pm'd me. I worry about the cost of meeting at the lake during the summer, but I would love to do that. LOL

I would love to meet up with more chapters this year. Sounds fun... :D

3. Darth Gangrenous

Darth Gangrenous Chosen One star 10

Jun 1, 2005
    Profile says Male. :p

A SW day at the park or someting might be fun. We could bring our toy lightsabers and beat the carp out of each other. :p

4. twilek69

twilek69 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 25, 2005
    Camping or a float trip might be fun. It would be inexpensive. There are some good float spots about half point for both us and KC and maybe even for those in Springfield MO.

5. jedi_runya

Jan 4, 2005
    Really? Who was the girl then? Maybe I am lost as usual... Sorry really thought that was a girl. I wonder who I am confusing... besides myself...

6. spideymj

spideymj Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 4, 2005
    Boy/ Girl, who cares. (Its so hard to tell these days. :p) Anyways,
    depending on when it is, I would like to come down and join you all in the fun. A float trip sounds like a lot of fun and something I still have never done.

7. Dagobah_Diva

Dagobah_Diva Jedi Master star 4

Sep 24, 2002
    Meeting at a campsite would definitely be the least expensive for everyone. And I'm so not driving for hours then turning around and driving back the same day.

8. jedi_runya

Jan 4, 2005
    Thank you Laura!

And Amy camping is always on the table. Cheap, fun and an excuse to stay up all night! LOL

9. SouthernSith

SouthernSith Jedi Master star 1

Sep 9, 2007
    Yea, I'm a male, except for on tuesdays and Saturdays, but that's a long and twisted story thats not worth going into right now, just something about a mad scientist and a frog named Norm. :-B
    Yea, right now were completly open for ideas, but I'm liking what I'm hearing so far. These are definetly good ideas. I'll of course be popping in every now and then to give news from our side of the state and to see how it's going over here.
    Jamie
    PR/CR Heart of the Alliance

10. SouthernSith

Sep 9, 2007
    We're going to be discussing this some at our monthly meeting this Sunday, so hopefully this coming week I can have some news to share.
    Jamie
    PR-HotA

11. SouthernSith

Sep 9, 2007
    Just a note, I spoke with my group about this today, and they are more than willing. One member even stated that he might be able to get us a cabin at low, or even possibly no, cost. I will of course be in contact. Just wanted you to know what we are doing.

12. Celsius_Nivlek

Celsius_Nivlek Jedi Youngling

Jan 22, 2007
    Everyone should meet at Jefferson City, it a halfway point for everyone

13. jedi_runya

Jan 4, 2005
    I agree, either Jeff City or Columbia... Do we have anyone in Jeff City?

14. merrick_stoller

merrick_stoller Jedi Master star 2

May 30, 2006
    how about Springfield? it is close to equal distance for STL and KC visitors

15. twilek69

twilek69 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 25, 2005
    Yeah Merrick, that would be cool, but it is 4 hours to Springfield for either KC or St. Louis and only around 2 hours to either Columbia or Jeff City for St. Louis and KC.

16. SouthernSith

Sep 9, 2007
    Hey everybody. Sorry I haven't spoken much recently, but I've been hit with a terrible curse, dial-up internet.
    The guy who might have been able to get us a place at the lake of the ozarks won't be able to get us the place after all. He had a great job oppurtunity come up out of the country and would have been a fool to have passes it up.
    But, we are all still wanting to do this somewhere this year (hopefully) and I will try to be over on this board a little more often as well.
    Jamie
    KCFF's VP, PR, CR

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.