Rumor Possible KOTOR film in the works

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Episode VII and Beyond (Archive)' started by DarthMane2, Feb 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthMane2 Force Ghost

star 4
    Got my info from Ain't It Cool. Believed that the dude who worked on the games and wrote some books connected to the era is working on a script.

That's All.

Grain of Salt should be taken. And Harry made a good point that no matter if possible developement is going on for a KOTOR project or any Star Wars related project, Episode 7 is top priority. So even if this idea were true your not gonna see it for many many years, if it all. Stuff like this can get shelved easy.
    Last edited by DarthMane2, Feb 22, 2013
  2. Darth Claire Chosen One

star 4
    Why make film when you just create hour long version of this?

Wait...wouldn't that be a prequel to the prequels? Prequelception!
    Either way I'm taking it with a HUGE grain of salt
    Last edited by Darth Claire, Feb 22, 2013
  3. Jedsithor Force Ghost

star 4
    Yeah, Harry also said that Yoda was confirmed a few weeks ago...eh...not so much.

If KOTOR happens, it won't be a game adaptation. My guess is that they'll condense the whole Old Republic era into a single conflict between the Jedi and the Sith rather than picking one of the many conflicts that occur in EU.
    starmin76 and Darth Chiznuk like this.
  4. bighairedaristocrat Jedi Knight

star 1
    Love the idea, not the timing or the scriptwriter. Lucasfilm doesn't need to make a movie with a script written by a videotape guy. Regarding the timing, I'd rather not see KOTOR until episode IX is out. KOTOR isn't a standalone movie.... It should be the next series of episodes... At least 6. Lots of stories to be told in that period of time.
  5. Darth Chiznuk PT Trivia Master / Game Host

Game Host
    star 5
    This is one I've never been interested in seeing. I mean it was a good game but it just doesn't seem like it would make a very good movie to me. I'm all for films set in the Old Republic era but I would much prefer a Darth Bane trilogy.
    Jobertus likes this.
  6. Krueger Chosen One

star 4
    TBH, I’m getting tired of all these rumours. For the time being, at least. It’s clear that there is a lot of talk going on at Lucasfilm at the moment. I guess I’m just tired of hearing about things we all know are being talked about behind closed doors. Its pretty obviouse that numerous projects are being discussed ATM. We don’t need “Insider Scoops” every other day for things that anyone with half a brain knows is being considered. I think a KOTOR-type film was one of the first things talked about on this board when the sale was announced. It makes perfect sense that this would be one of the projects Lucasfilm would be talking about doing. Doesn’t mean they will. Although they probably will at some stage. As I’ve said regarding the spin-offs, I just want the ST to be done and dusted before any other films are released.
    Last edited by Krueger, Feb 22, 2013
  7. bluemilkcheesypuffs77 Jedi Master

star 2
    Only read the title of the article over at AICN and I creamed my pants.

This would be so good! So many stories and epic battles between legion of Jedi and sith!!!!
  8. DarthBoba Manager Emeritus

star 9
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.