main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA Possible Movie Gatherings in 2010

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Sol_Jedi, Jan 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sol_Jedi

Sol_Jedi LA Chapter Rep star 4

Oct 8, 2005
    Ahh, the first thread of 2010. Ok guys, it's a new year, so we should make a new start to be a group again. Let's put all of our differences,likes and dislikes aside so that we can be friends again. We all like going to the movies, so let's go to the movies as friends and unite under our love for escapism.

2010 Movie releases

A-Team - June 11

Alice in Wonderland (Burton) - March 5

Clash of the Titans (remake) - March 26

The Expendables - August 13

Harry Potter/Deathly Hallows P1 - November 19

Iron Man 2 - May 7

Jonah Hex - June 18

Kick-Ass - April 16

The Losers - April 9

Machete - TBD

A Nightmare on Elm Street (remake) - April 30

Predators - July 7

Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time - May 28

Toy Story 3 - June 18

Tron Legacy - December 17

The Wolfman - February 2

2. Varekeii

Varekeii Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 26, 2006
    There's a whole lot of interesting movies coming out, even this month, that might be fun. Hope we can get together for many of them.

I miss you guys.

3. Sol_Jedi

Oct 8, 2005
    Wolfman is up first. We should try to make a weekend for it.

4. Lowbacca_1977

Lowbacca_1977 Chosen One star 7

Jun 28, 2006
    Wolfman is the 12th. Wide release, at least.

5. MrZAP

MrZAP Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 2, 2007
    I'd be willing to see four or five of those movies.

6. Avalyn07

Avalyn07 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 1, 2005
    I am new to this group I moved here a few years ago. I came from the Bay area originaly. My friends forever are involved in San Francisco Fan Force and Sacramento Valley Rogue Force.-FYI

I would love to go to several of these movies and look forward to the next meeting so I get a chance to meet you all!

If none have you have tried the Gold Class Cinemas you are missing out. Yes it's a bit more pricey but well worth it in my opinion and who doesn't want to have a Martini while watching a movie?!

7. Sol_Jedi

Oct 8, 2005
    Avalyn,

Welcome to LAFF, we're doing what we can to get a meeting in place soon. Right now I'm at least trying to get movie screenings as are "meetings" since we all meet and hang out and do other stuff after the movie.

I'd like to see Wolfman, but I want to get others to commit to see it. We usually go to the Chinese, Burbank AMC, Arclight or The Bridge.

If you'd like to meet, maybe that can persuade some of the others to commit to coming to a screening.

So Wolfman starts on the 12th, so maybe that weekend or the following weekend we can plan something. As suggestions are welcome. PM or post with any questions or suggestions.

8. Avalyn07

Jun 1, 2005
    Thanks Sol_Jedi :D

Well I prefer the Arclight because you can pick your seat and they have a resturant/bar that is a nice gathering place. Any of those you said sounded fine. The burbank one is a bit far for a weeknight but a weekend is clearly doable. I live close to The Grove so that is a frequent movies/books/resturants/hangout joint for me.

Wolfman sounds awesome! The best place to see a movie I have found is Gold Class Cinemas. Although a bit more pricey it is a first class experience. And who doesn't want to have a Vanilla Martini while watching a great movie!

The date for me is the 20th but if that does not work for the majority I will be flexable and it's always a blast going to see it with fans.

9. Varekeii

Jan 26, 2006
    If it rains, I may go to Pacific Culver Stadium Saturday afternoon to see Avatar 3D again before it leaves the theatres. Or, I may see Book of Eli, Legion, Sherlock Holmes or maybe even Lovely Bones.

It's not a dive theatre, but it's not la-dee-dah like the Arclight or the Bridge(both of which I like.) But, when finances are tight it means being able to afford to go to the movies more than once or twice a year. Also, I am working Saturday morning, so I don't want to make a big day of it driving back and forth across L A to work, then home, then movies then home again. So, I'm picking a movie in my neighborhood. But, if anyone wants to meet up to see one of these movies, let me know.

10. Sol_Jedi

Oct 8, 2005
    I wouldn't mind going to Gold Class to see a movie. However, I think it might only be a 2-3 person meeting because of the price. I'm down to meet up there or anywhere else. I do need a unanimous vote though on where to meet and on what day.

How does Sunday the 21st sound? Which theater? Arclight is fine, but I need it to be unanimous.

11. Varekeii

Jan 26, 2006
    Maybe we should pick a movie and do a poll to see which theatre and what date.

Yes, Gold class sounds like a fantastic outing when money's not so tight. In fact, I've heard of the movie theatres that offer a whole dinner while you watch the movie. (Are they the same ones?) It sounds like great fun, but very expensive. Another thing about that is, we like to talk during dinner (and talk and talk and talk). I don't think we could do that at some of the dinner/movie theatres.

If we do the Hollywood Arclight we could dine at Roscoe's again. But, isn't there another Arclight? Did we ever go to that one?

The movie stuff I mentioned for this weekend wasn't intended as a (semi)formal meeting. I just figured I'd issue an open impromptu invitation for anyone who's interested.

12. Lowbacca_1977

Lowbacca_1977 Chosen One star 7

Jun 28, 2006
    Arclight Sherman Oaks

13. Avalyn07

Jun 1, 2005
    Yep it's the same one they can serve you dinner if you want it. It is more for a special event or really great movie. I don't go every weekend or anything. A holiday gathering or something to that effect would be fun.

14. Sol_Jedi

Oct 8, 2005
    Let's see, Alice in Wonderland, Harry Potter, Iron Man and Tron are the movies I'd pay the premium to go see there.

15. Varekeii

Jan 26, 2006
    Is anyone else interested in seeing "How to Train Your Dragon?" It's a kids' movie, but it looks charming and the 3D looks pretty cool, too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.