main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mary Possible MovieThon at Berkeley County Planetarium

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Isbeth, Nov 26, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Isbeth

Isbeth Jedi Master star 4

Aug 28, 2001
    Mogook and I briefly discussed this at the IMAX movie. I am willing to book the planetarium to have a moviethon on April 5th. I realize this is a long way for all of you, but it is a public place and has a big screen. I am willing to do this on Saturday, April 5th., 2003. The idea was to show all SW movies back to back. I would like to extend this invite to Western Maryland Fan Force and Galactic Senate (DCFF) as well. I chose this date because it is my birthday and what better way to spend my birthday than with my favorite SW friends. Plus it doesn't have to be an official meeting if you don't wish to come. Last year Motterman and I watched the George Lucas/Bill Moyers interview movie and Pink Floyd's "The Wall, Live From Berlin" and had a blast, but wished more folks would have come. This date is so far in advance that you can car pool, take a bus, save money for gas, etc. What to bring? CD's DVD's movies, munchies etc. Computer disks. We can even do a live webcast from the dome for those who can't make it! There is no food allowed in the planetarium, but outside in the attached classroom we can go chow down in between movies. For more on the planetarium, go to http://boe.berk.k12.wv.us/501/ and click on "planetarium".

We are located off of I-81, on Rt. 9 West in lovely rural Hedgesville, WV.

We can only allow 25 people in the dome, so the first 25 are in. (But if you are going to no-show, let someone know.) There is no charge, but Mogook mentioned something about a fund raiser for charity and I am sure a 501st. helmet pass around can be arranged. I haven't arranged a time yet and I am flexible. Any info needed? Leave a post or PM me.

2. JediShaLee

JediShaLee Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 2, 2002
    Isbeth I am in. I think this would be great fun! so put me down!

3. Isbeth

Aug 28, 2001
    You got it JediShaLee, you are officially # 1 on the list of 25........

4. Holocron1

Holocron1 Jedi Youngling

Oct 3, 2002
    Im kinda of a newbie member and I havent attended a meeting yet, but I would interested in coming. I havent seen ROTJ on big screen, I missed the SE release. Sounds like alot of fun too.

5. Isbeth

Aug 28, 2001
    Holocron1 is # 2 on the list. Wait that sounds weird! :D We still have room for 23 more folks....keep those reservations coming.

6. Takwolf

Takwolf Jedi Master star 2

May 9, 2002
    I would like to go along with my wife.

Tak

7. Isbeth

Aug 28, 2001
    We now have #3 and #4. Plenty of time and space left folks!

8. Isbeth

Aug 28, 2001
    We are still on for the moviethon on Saturday, April 5th. at 1:00 p. m. at Berkeley County Planetarium at Hedgesville High School, Hedgesville, WV. Still plenty of room available. Bring munchies to share and videos and a DVD player if you wanta watch DVD's as I have no DVD. You can also bring video games and audio tapes and CD's. At 7:00 p. m. that night there is a star party at the Antieham Battlefield, in Sharpsburg, MD if clear, so you can stay for that if you like. It is sponsored by the Tri-State Astronomers so bring some warm clothes and we will show you some real galaxies far, far away! :)

9. Fipe_Naz-mero

Fipe_Naz-mero Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 4, 2002
    Isbeth:
    Count me in and my wife... but for the moment write us in the lasts spots. I need to plan this during the weekend. Sounds like an excellent idea. I'll bring what I can from what I have.

May the Force be with you... always.
    Fipe Naz-Mero, JK
    USA-NE REGION
    MARYLAND FORCE FAN COUNCIL FORUM
    CALIFORNIA MD

10. Fipe_Naz-mero

Feb 4, 2002
    Isbeth:
    Is this activity still happening? I already got approved by my administration. So, we'll be going over there... but I would like to know what's the status.

BTW, do you think we could go to see the real galaxies far, far away?

Thanks for your time and help.
    Fipe Naz-Mero JK
    USA-NE REGION
    CALIFORNIA MD

11. Fipe_Naz-mero

Feb 4, 2002
    Dear Members of the council:
    Sorry to bother, but is this event still going to happen? I would like to know, since I'm planning to search for places to stay.

Fipe Naz-Mero, JK
    USA-NE REGION
    CALIFORNIA MD

12. Takwolf

Takwolf Jedi Master star 2

May 9, 2002
    Need to know also so I can plan since its a little more the a week away

Tak

13. Isbeth

Aug 28, 2001
    Yes, this event is still on! Why would it not be? :confused: I have been planning for over 6 months and I have some surprise SW celebraties coming and rare footage thanks to friends at ILM! :) Thanks guys for responding to my letter and sending all the swell birthday gifts, some of which will become doorprises to folks coming on Saturday. Many folks called to say they are coming. If you decide to come at the last minute, there is still room. I now have a DVD player and monitor. Bring CD's, DVD's, computer games, videos, cassette tapes, digital cameras, costumes, anything you would like. I have also connected the Hyperdrive so we can now travel across the galaxy at ease. I will be there from 1 until 5 p. m. then take a break for supper before heading to the Battlefield if clear to stargaze. If it is cloudy and people are still game, we can do more in the planetarium.

Refer to the website listed above for planetarium detailed info and the planetarium number to call if you get lost.

Rough directions from Baltimore area: Take 695 until you get to 70 West. Keep going on 70 West until you get to 81 south. Go 81 south until you get to exit 16W Berkeley Springs, Rt. 9. HHS is about 9 miles from the exit on the right hand side. Enter and exit at the school entrance near the portables and avoid the construction.
    Allow about 2 hours from the Baltimore/DC area. Need more detailed directions? Go to mapquest.

Takwolf, sorry I couldn't update this any sooner, as I am up to my elbows in kiddies booking field trips and scripting and producing multi-media, plus I told everyone I was giving up SW for Lent, so I am really looking forward to this birthday respite. I told you way back in November so everyone could plan ahead.

Should be a great time, come one, come all!

14. DRK_HLMT

DRK_HLMT Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 7, 2001
    We'll try to be there Isbeth. That is if I can find it. Me and directions have had a rocky past. But look for me and the fam anyway. I'll bring the Xbox and some games.

15. Isbeth

Aug 28, 2001
    A big thanks to DRK_HMLT and family for showing up at the planetarium on Saturday and helping me have a swell birthday (Wow! Did you see my birthday is only one day before Lando's!) under the stars. :) Brandon and him chased one another in "new prototype light ships". Pretty nifty cloaking device you have there DRK_HMLT. We all travelled with the hyperspace drive in max. We viewed some images from the Art Gallery on the dome and "The mythology of Star Wars with Bill Moyer and George Lucas" ("In my universe there is sound.") We learned that Skywalker Ranch is in despirate need of some one to come mow the grass. Any takers? It sould only take you nine earth years or so. [face_laugh] We listened to SW music and stargazed and looked safely at the sun with a sunspotter and saw two sunspots! Brandon and I played hide-and-go-seek around the portables and he showed me how his really cool lightsaber works. Brandon's request is that if we do it again, "BRING GAMES!!!!" Afterwards at sunset we travelled to the Antieham Battlefield in Sharpburg, MD where DRK_HMLT and family checked out the cannons and took pictures and I set up the telescope with members of the Tri-State Astronomers and we wowed the crowds (A steady stream of folks dropped by all through the night!) with images of the moon, Saturn, Jupiter, the Orion Nebula, and GFFA, M82 & M81! A fabulous time had by all. Aren't you sorry you didn't come? You were missed. DRK_HMLT and I decided it was so much fun, we should do it again and word of mouth will spread as to how much fun it is.

16. DRK_HLMT

DRK_HLMT Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 7, 2001
    Yeah you guys definitly missed a great time. It was very cool and maybe next time I could rig up the Xbox and the computer and get some games going on the dome. The interview thing with GL was good too. I loved it when he said he made the movies for himself and not for anyone else. I think that is what makes SW so great. They are not bound by what Hollywood wants them to be.

Isbeth, the fam and I had a great time. We hope to make it back out there to take the full tour of the battlefield and maybe get to stay longer for the stargazing. It was just too cold for the young ones to be out.

Maybe if the park allows picnics we could all have the picnic outing out there, or maybe at a park nearby.

17. Fipe_Naz-mero

Feb 4, 2002
    Isbeth:
    I'm sorry we couldn't go. That was my fault. I checked the board on the 3rd, but I din't checked it on the 4th. I had a doctors appointment that took me the whole day, and I barely could stay awake after I got home. I'm really sorry we were not able to go. But, I will make it up by showing for the next one. I feel so bad about, even my wife wanted to go very bad. She kept asking me every day since the 29th of March if the meeting was still on place. I told her yes, but I didn't see any confirmation message. I checked everyday until the 3rd... and I couldn't check the 4th. I feel like I disappointed her.

So, if you have another date, please let me know in advance. I plan to get a room so I don't have to drive back the same day.

Once again, my apologies... and Happy Birthday.

Fipe Naz-Mero, JK
    USA-NE REGION
    CALIFORNIA MD

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.