Possible new JC look

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Kadue, Jul 21, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: JoinTheSchwarz, LAJ_FETT, Ramza
  1. Kadue Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    As you should have noticed, Communications has suddenly gotten a lot brighter. After a couple of weeks discussing possible new colours for the boards, this is the one that has come out of the cooking pot at the moment. It harkens back to some of the older looks that we've had.

Now, since everyone here will have to look at this every day, we're putting it up here as a preview for a week, to get comments and suggestions from you guys. At the end of one week, I'll start a poll to see what everyone thinks.

Enjoy.
  2. Salty Force Ghost

star 5
    It's certainly different. I kinda like it. :)

EDIT: Now everyone's name will be highlighted. :p :)
  3. FlamingSword Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Ehhh ... it's a lot brighter. Right now I'm not so fond of it, but I'll keep my comments till I get used to it a bit.

Good things about this look:

You can see your login name!!
    All the text everywhere is clear and easy to see.
    The colors go well with each other

Bad things about this look:

It doesn't match the banner as well
    It's kinda bright
  4. Herman Snerd Force Ghost

star 6
    Yikes!

Darn that's bright.

This will take some getting used to.
  5. Homer Maddux Jedi Knight

star 2
    OH MY GOD! I LOVE IT!! The only thing is I'd suggest making the post borders a slightly darker shade, to distinguish from the post itself. Otherwise: Wow. You really are the colors mastah ;)
    HM :cool:
  6. wstraka5 Jedi Master

star 4
    My eyes!!! I can't see. :_|

Kadue, this is a little too bright. Please change it back to the nice red colors.
  7. KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus

star 8
    Hmm.... I prefer more subdued colors. It's a little too bright at the moment.
  8. Herman Snerd Force Ghost

star 6
    You'll all notice that Kadue gets made an admin and suddenly a forum gets changed to match his personal colors.

Coincidence???

;)
  9. Salty Force Ghost

star 5
    I think the link colors could stand to be darker.
  10. Kadue Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Sheer coincidence I assure you, since I actually proposed a slightly different scheme.
  11. YodaJeff Manager Emeritus

star 7
    I don't think it matches the banner very well. But at least everyone has colors now :p . It looks pretty good.
  12. Herman Snerd Force Ghost

star 6
    Suuuuuure. ;)

Seriously though, the links at the top could stand out a bit more and there isn't enough difference between the two shades of yellow.
  13. Ben Kenobi Force Ghost

star 5
    The links in the board area should be the blue of the header, just as they are the red of the header now in all other forums.
  14. Kerr_Plunk Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    first impression: ewwwww! this is awful! :(

i really liked it better the old way... however.... i'll keep peeking in to see if i change my mind....

edit: it grows less and less alarming each time i check :D
    edit2: yes, it seems much less awful now. it's just too bright. :)
  15. Dan Force Ghost

star 6
    I like it a lot. A real throwback to how this place used to look. I really don't have any suggestions. I could of course submit a banner of my own to match the colors a bit more. :D
  16. Herman Snerd Force Ghost

star 6
    I've also just noticed that the blue names make the FanForce VIPs less distinguishable.
  17. JediJeffro Force Ghost

star 5
    Dan, I'm still upset that your Games banner wasn't chosen. :p

Looks good though, Kadue.
  18. DarthNut Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    My only gripe is that the blue around the usernames doesn't really mix well with the sandy backround.

DarthNut,
    the nuttiest guy around.
  19. merlin Force Ghost

star 4
    [color=663300]I think the background should be a lot less bright. I like the gray. ;)[/color]
  20. Amidala Starkiller Force Ghost

star 6
    My eyes they burn!!!!!

Background...less...bright...please
  21. Balance_Point Jedi Master

star 4
    I don't like the topic link colors, and I don't really like all that blue on the menu up top...

But the rest, I could probably get used to. :)
  22. Sithman Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    You know, I love the overall scheme except for the fact that it appears that all users have colors.

If the usernames could simply be bolded (as they were in the UBB days) then it would TRULY harken back to the good 'ol days. :)

Comments?

[image=http://bestanimations.com/Sci-Fi/StarWars/Emporer-01.gif]
    ~Sithman~
  23. mac-nut Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    wow. perhaps a darker tan borders between each posty? and bold or darken the links. the blue background behind each user's name would absorbe the blue CR names into oblivion, maybe bold black as prevously?

*takes a look at own CR name*

edit. oh, I see, the blue background disappears for us blue CRs. ok. can see us CRs clearly, but the blue CR names kinda fade into the blue banner on top in the "Logged in as:" block.

another comment. In the index pages, the unread thread titles should be a stronger bold, cuz after you've read a thread, the lighter "already read" threads aren't that much lighter than the unread threads.

hmmmmm. how about a soft light green instead of the blue banners? to keep everything in contrasting colors. There are no greenies, unless retired mods/mgrs/admins are going green. in that case, maybe a soft light yellow?
  24. ADONIAH32 Force Ghost

star 4
    When I first saw it, I didn't like it, but now that I see it, it's really growing on me. It's a lot brighter, but I like that. Looks good! :D
  25. citizen-tom Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Well, I love it. But i think paradise in naboo needs to change their colors, they're to similar to what the average user will have
Moderators: JoinTheSchwarz, LAJ_FETT, Ramza
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.