main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Possible new JC look

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Kadue, Jul 21, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediMasterAaron

JediMasterAaron Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 14, 2000
    I dig it!

JMA

2. Darth_Ignant

Darth_Ignant Jedi Grand Master star 7

Oct 24, 2001
    It's too bright for me. I like the blues, but the beieges would be better toned down. I also don't care for everyone's name being highlighted, but that's a really minor thing (but you did ask :p).

3. Iwishiwasajedi

Iwishiwasajedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 24, 2002
    I can barely see anything. in other terms; hate it.

4. Ki-Bara Mundi

Ki-Bara Mundi Jedi Youngling

Nov 14, 1999
    Mmmm, old school. It doesn't match the current banner, but it's still a good colour scheme.

5. jedi-girl

jedi-girl Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 14, 2000
    I really like the color scheme a lot!
    I also like how our usernames show up on the message board.

6. Frank_Palpatine

Frank_Palpatine TFN Video Encoder • JC Icon Artist star 4 VIP

Mar 29, 2002
    Bah. It's way too bright. I'm not a big fan of baby blue either. If both the background and the shade of blue were darkened, it would be decent though. As it is now, I'm suffering from something akin to snowblindness.

Even if it were darkened, I think I'd still prefer the current color scheme.

7. Padawan716

Padawan716 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 7, 2001
    I like it :)

maybe a shade or two darker for the blue though...

but it's good :)

8. Maulfly

Maulfly Moderator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2001
    I love the fact that I can now see my login name at the top.

In general it's ok, but I'll have to agree that it use some toning down. It's easier to read the posts in some ways, yet I'm worried that I'll burn out my eyes after a short time. Just dim it a little. Also, making the borders a darker shade of brown/tan would help give some contrast.

I also am not a fan of the powder blue. A couple shades darker and it should be fine. And unless y'all plan on changing how we tell who's a Mod and who's not, maybe get rid of the blue background to regular users' names.

Can't wait to see the next sample.

9. Crimson-Larko

Crimson-Larko Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 14, 2001
    Yuck. Terrible...

10. Kyle Katarn

Kyle Katarn Force Ghost star 6

Jul 10, 1998
    Everything is too bright, the colors need to be offset by a darker color with more contrast to it.

It may also help to just keep the names in generic black type as that usually works best in almost anything.

11. HawkNC

HawkNC Former RSA: Oceania star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2001
    Yeah, basically what most people are saying. Just tone down the beige a little, make it a bit darker. It's a bit of a shock when you're dropping in from the JCC to see this. ;)

12. DesignSith

DesignSith Jedi Master star 2

Feb 12, 2000
    Sooo much better than that damn grey. However, it's also quite bright, and doesn't match the banner, which is mostly darks and midtones. Unless you change the banner, I'd suggest some darker tans.

In and of itself, though, I like.

(Speaking of, is there a banner compeitition? I'd make a banner to match these colors.)

Although the blue of our names is kinda freaky, because I keep thing we're all admins until I see my own. However, if you take them out, you lose necessary accents in a field of pales. I probably just need to get used to it.

13. Gay-LenKenobi

Gay-LenKenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 20, 2000
    Well, before the current scheme, all the users names were highlighted. It didn't seem to cause a problem then.

The only thing that is a little odd is that the new PM alert is bright red. That really clashes with the blue and cream.

14. Anvia_Fett

Anvia_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 28, 2002
    Well, the brightness hurts the eyes a little, but I could get used to it...

Perhaps you could darken the blue a little, and sort out what Gay-Len just mentioned about the PM alert. :)

15. RedLord

RedLord Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 3, 2000
    The contrast is a bit strong, the light tan is too light to my opinion.

16. JangoFettClone

JangoFettClone Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 24, 2002
    It's hurting my eyes, change it back.

17. Valiowk

Valiowk Chosen One star 6

Apr 23, 2000
    Just a note about the "Logged in as: [Username]" part at the top - on the old colour scheme, we couldn't see our names when we were hovering over it as the text would turn colour to black. However, hovering over the usernames at present does nothing to them. Please do leave it this way, it's much better to look at :)

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  18. UK Sullustian

UK Sullustian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 18, 1998

The actual "posts" part of the script is OK, maybe a tiny little bit bright.

The Sky Blue header is, however, rather ghastly.

Darker Please.

UKS

19. Jake_Barnes

Jake_Barnes Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 4, 2002
    Oh! My eyes!!! It burns!!!!!

20. ObiJohnKenobi

ObiJohnKenobi Jedi Youngling star 4

Aug 30, 2001
    A billion times better than the spectrum-of-toilet-wipe scheme you came up with last time. But if you keep it you'll have to change to a much paler banner to go with it.

21. Theron

Theron Jedi Master star 4

Oct 23, 2000
    Only thing I don't care for is the blue sky color.

But before the current colors weren't the colors almost as bright? Because I remember argueing that the colors were too dark when they changed.

But of course I got use to it. So I'll get use to this also.

22. Vaderbait

Vaderbait Jedi Knight star 6

Sep 26, 2001
    I can't tell the difference between a regular user and a mod as fast as I used to. It'll take osme getting used to, but I don't see a need to suffer for a message board.

23. anya Skywalker

anya Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jun 14, 2000
    My first reaction was similar to that of the majority, going from "Ahhhh, what's this??" To "It burns, it burns!", passing through "What a disaster!".

Well, now I'm a bit more used to it, but I still think it's too bright. Plus, it clashes awfully with the banner... Is there any change we get to see what the other colour schemes were?

PS- Well, it could be worse... Remember Valentines? ;)

24. Gay-LenKenobi

Gay-LenKenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 20, 2000
    Is it just my screen, or did the darker of the 2 tans get a bit darker? :confused:

25. GriffZ

GriffZ Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 27, 2001

Perhaps my suggestion was noted. Ha! So you can change the system from the inside... ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.