main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

possible new members?

Discussion in 'Archive: Miami, FL' started by mysticpowers, Jul 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mysticpowers

mysticpowers Jedi Youngling

Jul 28, 2006
    My husband and I were members of the fanforce in Ft.lauderdale. We are now living in Miami and were hoping to join the force closer to home. I was wondering the age range of your group.
    when is the next meeting?

2. Darth_Santos

Darth_Santos Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 9, 2004
    Well, I'm sorry to say that we currently have no fan-force. It has been a mess trying to get it organized because very few people have put forth effort to establish one. Me and a couple of other people had a good one about 6 months back, but one member moved, and another is busy in college.

However, we can make that the past and start planning now to give rise to a new fan-club. I have always been here waiting for other members that are as eager as me to get this show going. But I'm still waiting. Perhaps you and your husband are those eager members I've been waiting for...? I sure hope so!

3. mysticpowers

Jul 28, 2006
    we would love to get the ball rolling.

we are interested in being part of a real fanforce chapter.

not just strolling around the mall and talking about star wars. (no offense intended)

a group which meets once a month every month and has some sort of purpose.

be it to talk about star wars (and other sci-fi which we like) or to plan star wars related activites.

a great way to socialize with other star wars-minded people.

my husband has been known to engage in a light-saber duel now and again.

Let us know if there is a desire for a real fanforce chapter. drop us a line here.

4. Jedi_Qaid

Jedi_Qaid Jedi Youngling

Aug 5, 2006
    You would think with the great warm weather we have in South Florida we'd do more. Must be TOO hot hot/humid here.

I live in Broward County/Deerfield Beach. I used to live in Coconut Grove. West Palm Beach to Miami I would get involved if someone would do something.

5. mysticpowers

Jul 28, 2006
    Jedi Quaid, so if we got a game going, would you be interested?

6. DragonTHC

DragonTHC Jedi Youngling

Jan 29, 2003
    Mystic my dear, it's a slow news day

The Vader Sessions, if you haven't already seen this, please watch, it's hillarious.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6A0rwG39Jzk

7. OBIWANKEVIN

OBIWANKEVIN Jedi Youngling

Jun 10, 2006
    i will try to help in any way i can and i think if a few of us started to get the ball rolling then maybe some other people would join.

8. JediCerasiKaDela

JediCerasiKaDela Jedi Youngling star 1

May 4, 2005
    How goes it down there with the FF?You guys start meeting up yet?

9. GixNeWay

GixNeWay Jedi Youngling

Aug 24, 2001
    Wow, how many of us from the fandom menace ended up south of the line here eh?

So, anything going on?

10. JediCerasiKaDela

JediCerasiKaDela Jedi Youngling star 1

May 4, 2005
    Not much.I don't think anyone checks this anymore sadly :(

11. DARTH_SARRAFF

DARTH_SARRAFF Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 9, 2005
    Sorry to come to your forum and post like this. I was browsing here since Miami is where I was born and raised and wanted to see how the Fan force was going on here. I saw this thread and realized you guys where having the same problem we where having on our FF a couple of months ago.

My advise, try to get the current and non active members to start posting and reading again on your FF forums. Do a mailing list of the members which are registered. Try to do activities with all members not only SW related but fun things like hanging out somewhere at least once a month to start gathering the attention of all your registered members and that will attract new members. Remember the Fan Force chapters are to have fun share good times and meet new friends that are Star wars fans too.

January 20 & 21 2007 Puerto Rico will be having the 4th biggest scifi convention in the caribbean called Popculture expo with invited guests Ray Park & Daniel Logan. Previously we had here in the island Billy dee williams( Lando), Jeremy Bulloch ( Boba) and Peter Mayhew ( Chewbacca). If any of you are planning on taking a trip during those dates here you are welcome and you can meet with members of our Fan force here in PR( Puerto Rico Jedi outcasts).

Info on the event on http://www.raypark.net & http://popculture.tercerhombre.com
    tickets available at: Ticket Center 787-792-5000, http://www.ticketcenterpr.com

Thats a good motive to gather some members of your fan force to do a big activity together.

Regards, Darth_Sarraff

12. siul-fer-nando

siul-fer-nando Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 30, 2002
    I am master Siul fer Nando a was talking to master sarraff about the trouble you guys had and we also had some a couple months ago, so my hint to you guys is to get together and if there are some activities like comics conventions,action figures conventions or any activities that concern about sci fi universe be there and be part of it", make some flyers to let others know that the forum is open and make activities, remember star wars is part of the universe of many. It is Working in PRJO(Puerto Rico jedi Outcast) it could work there too. may the force be with you all......

13. darth-blaze

darth-blaze Jedi Padawan star 4

May 19, 2002
    Puertoricans snooping around. LOL, I'm the CR of Jaxs,Fl and they are right, try to keep the group active and try to keep fights away from the boards.

14. Darth_Santos

Darth_Santos Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 9, 2004
    . <-- just to indicate that I still roam here sometimes.

15. Minela

Minela Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 28, 2005
    Count me in as one more. I just moved to Miami a month or so ago. Where we meetn'?

16. hipig

hipig Jedi Youngling

Jan 12, 2007
    [face_pig] were we meeting

17. hipig

hipig Jedi Youngling

Jan 12, 2007
    [face_pig]
    never mined

18. Darth-Tradgedous

Darth-Tradgedous Jedi Youngling

Jan 3, 2007
    Are the meetings always on a specific date? or when everyone is free that month? I work for PK graphics. I do graveyard shift from 6pm to 3am Monday through Friday. I was just wondering, A friend of mine and I would like to start attending.

19. DARTH_SARRAFF

DARTH_SARRAFF Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 9, 2005
    Just a reminder to my homeland friend at Miami that this weekend is the popculture expo held in Puerto Rico with invited guests Ray Park & Daniel Logan.

Details are posted here in this thread in case some of the members of the fanforce want to come down to meet the members of the fan force in PR and meet Ray and Daniel.

Hope to see you soon

Darth Sarraff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.