main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Possible new Stover novel? (false hope!)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Kablob, Oct 19, 2014.

1. Kablob

Kablob Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2014
  2. snikttrooper

snikttrooper Jedi Master star 1

Mar 15, 2014
    Cool beans.

3. stung4ever

stung4ever Jedi Grand Master star 3

May 17, 2002
  4. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Holy ****.

Yes please.

5. Crossjon

Crossjon Jedi Padawan

Jul 15, 2014
  6. themetresgained

themetresgained Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2013
    Yes! I need something to take the sting out of Traitor no longer being real in the way it used to be.

I hope this is legit.

7. Kablob

Jul 24, 2014
    I endorse him to write Barriss Offee's fall to the dark side. Call it The Right Jedi.

AND DON'T SCREW IT UP!

Vthuil, cdgodin, Gorefiend and 4 others like this.
  8. JediKnight75

JediKnight75 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 15, 2011
    I'd rather of be a ROTS lead in that focuses on Anakin and Obi-Wan. He wrote them very well in the novelization and I would like to see him return to those characters. I'd also be happy with a post ROTJ book dealing with Luke taking on an apprentice or just dealing with what it means to be a Jedi with the defeat of the Sith, or even a new Imperial warlord style story.

9. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I would pay so much money for an Anakin and Obi-Wan CW-era story.

cdgodin, mes520 and darklordoftech like this.
  10. Kablob

Jul 24, 2014
    I very much doubt that we will get anything post-ROTJ until 2016.

11. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    If true, they really are tapping the EU all stars to help kick the NU off to a solid start.

I wouldn't be so certain- that release date is only 6 month before the film comes out. Perfect timing for some form of bridge or lead-in novel.

Case in point: Labyrinth of Evil was released in January of 2005 ahead of ROTS's May release.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  12. Ordo Skirata

Ordo Skirata Jedi Master star 2

Sep 3, 2012
    Please be true. Though, at this point I don't actually know what I would it to be about. Before I would have said IC2, but now?

13. JediKnight75

Feb 15, 2011
    I know, but I can still hope. Although, at this point I'd much rather have something leading into ROTS, well we really need like a few books, but having one by Stover would be a great start. I'd even prefer a lead in to TCW, hopefully with Anakin as a padawan -- no one said precisely when he was knighted, he could have had one post Geonosis mission as a padawan.

Edit: what if it was a book set around a year before AOTC dealing with Obi-Wan training Anakin? That would be fun too, granted not as much as a story in the Clone Wars, but still, I do want a book like that.

14. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    Could a new Denning book be far behind?

15. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Maybe something about what Yoda did with what he learned on Moraband or something connecting The Lost One to Labyrinth of Evil?

JediKnight75 likes this.
  16. Kablob

Jul 24, 2014
    You are bad and you should feel bad.

17. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    The problem with Denning is that his books changed the broad strokes of the universe, and I think that LFL would rather the ST determine the broad strokes of the universe.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  18. JediKnight75

Feb 15, 2011
    Both of those would be good books for Stover to write. The latter would interest me the most, although I can't see it happening with LOE being non canon. That is unless they plan on releasing an edited version, which I'd support -- the character portrayals fit perfectly with TCW, but it is too intrenched in the old continuity. A good alternative would be him connecting the Lost Ones to ROTS. Such a book would be a worthwhile replacement to LOE.

darklordoftech likes this.
  19. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Really close post-ROTJ, like a Truce at Barakua Mark II: The Do-Over, I think could be a distinct possibility before Episode VII comes out.

Valin__Kenobi likes this.
  20. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    Well, it was good while it lasted.

21. Kablob

Jul 24, 2014
    This time with 90% less Vong-lite and fruit.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  22. Shadow Trooper

Shadow Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Jul 18, 2013
    I hope this is true. I have been eager for anything written by Stover ever since Caine's Law came out back in 2012. If they keep bringing back authors like James Luceno, John Jackson Miller, and Matthew Stover, the New EU might turn out to be pretty good.

23. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    He's done less game-changing books as well though. Tatooine Ghost being probably the best example (not necessarily his top work but it was a solid, small stand alone that tied together some PT elements and was buoyed by his typically strong Han & Leia characterization).

24. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    Exactly. I liked that book, and if I had to recommend reading an overarcing "New Republic Saga" I would add that in as a decent bridge from the X-Wing novels to the Thrawn trilogy.

Gorefiend likes this.
  25. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004

Or what if it is…. a book about the INQUISITOR! *dramatic music sting* [​IMG]