main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:SA Possible picnic Feb 19

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Quinten_JarVos, Jan 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Quinten_JarVos

Quinten_JarVos Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 18, 2004
    Myself and NV were talking our heads off at skyshow and we think we need another picnic, this time in a warmer time of the year :)

This time lets pray the sun stays out! :)

so what we all think? Feb 19th somewhere... bbq picnic?

2. starfire-phoenix

starfire-phoenix Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 2, 2004
    Sounds like a good idea!

3. I_am_Kooky

I_am_Kooky Sth Aust. Chapter Representative star 4

Jun 28, 2004
    Sounds alright to me !! :D

4. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Sounds like a plan. Where? Ideas?

5. starfire-phoenix

Jan 2, 2004
    Actually, I just realised that's a saturday, so depending on the time, and where it will be, I might be a bit late. I'm in the city until 1pm every sat for gym.

6. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Saturday? Wouldn't a Sunday be better? I have my daughters ballet classes till 12 on Saturdays and some play sport (Darth Meanders kids both play tennis).

7. starfire-phoenix

Jan 2, 2004
    Sunday would be better for me too.

8. Nawara-Ven

Nawara-Ven Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 19, 2004
    Nah, Sunday's no good for us, Arcticfox has hockey on Sundays and we generally don't know what time that is until close to the day. They're just not organised this year at the club!

But that's ok...you guys go ahead and plan what you think is right, and we'll see if we can fit it in.

:)

9. DarkDisciple

DarkDisciple Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 20, 2005
    Sounds great! Any day is fine with me, the joys of being a slacker [face_laugh] Just let us know where it is and when and i will be there. :p

10. Quinten_JarVos

Aug 18, 2004
    Sunday = bad
    Fighting, Tournies, RPG's all are on sundays. But Saturdays, around 1 ish somewhere, it's still daylight savings, an arvo bbq of some description, no school the nextday. People can arrive a little late, no issues there.

11. DarkDisciple

Jan 20, 2005
    Hey Quinten

What kinda R.P.G's you into????

12. Quinten_JarVos

Aug 18, 2004
    Mostly Vampire Maqurade / Dark Ages, but hoping to get into a Star Wars one fairly soon

13. DarkDisciple

Jan 20, 2005
    Excellent ive got both the dark ages books and masquerade, also have a heap of first edition star wars books imperial source book, bounty hunter, outer rim etc.

I used to be G.M for Starwars quite a bit havent played for quite a while, was great fun. I've only ever played vampire, never G.M'ed.

So how often do you R.P.G??

14. Quinten_JarVos

Aug 18, 2004
    pretty much every Sunday... thou having a couple of weeks break due to new year stuff. we lost a player today, wife got upset with him lol

15. DarkDisciple

Jan 20, 2005
    cool. I know what you mean its been a pretty hectic start to the year. Yeah all my friends that used to R.P.G are all married now too its gone from a once a week get together to a every 3 month deal. If your on the look out for a new player, id be happy to put my hand up. Ive got a few books from both star wars and vampire.

16. oz_skipp

oz_skipp Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 20, 2004
    Saturday or Sunday arvo are both managable for me, although the 19th (I'm assuming it's a Saturday) would be fine as two days later I'm off to take my students to the Coorong for a week, so Sunday probably should involve rest.

May I suggest the South Parklands just near/outside the Himeji (Japanese) gardens? They are gorgeous and have been done up a bit recently. Or about 200 metres further south over Glen Osmond Road there's a nice playground with bbqs for the kiddies.

17. evil-incarnate

evil-incarnate Jedi Youngling star 7

Jun 30, 2004
    I'd say yes, but,.............
    My reliability is tarnished.

18. Nawara-Ven

Sep 19, 2004
    ah well....looks like this idea has gone the way of many before......

19. Quinten_JarVos

Aug 18, 2004
    Nah it hasn't, it seems as thou the only person who's gonna have troubles is AD.

Now there is nothing wrong with the saturday afternoon, and as long as the place has a BBQ were all good. :)

20. Darth_Meanders

Darth_Meanders Jedi Master star 5

May 23, 2004
    I don't think its quite dead yet N-V ;)

There are quite a lot of people posting in the SAFF now so its going to be next to impossible to get everyone together in the one place at the same time.

If Feb 19 suits most of the people who want come along, then go for it. I should be able to get along myself - the kids tennis is early morning.

... And I don't know what the hell Skip has in mind:
    "there's a nice playground with bbqs for the kiddies". Personally I prefer chicken[face_laugh]

Apart from that, it is a nice park.

21. Nawara-Ven

Sep 19, 2004
    [face_laugh]
    I always knew you were a comedian D-M!!

I'm pleased to see that someone has piped up on this, its not that far away, and having the busy schedule I have, the earlier I know the better. Thanks you guys!! :D

22. Quinten_JarVos

Aug 18, 2004
    Hey DM, who yer kids play for?
    Is a trainned Level 1 Coach in Tennis and was apart of the Northern Tennis Association well since I was in year 8.

I also ran Paralowie R-12 schools tennis program for the time i was working there :) (We placed 1st and 3rd in the divisions we had teams in)

23. Darth_Meanders

Darth_Meanders Jedi Master star 5

May 23, 2004
    Quinten, They play for Golden Grove - master Meanders is playing Div 8 at the moment.

There are also some open tennis and basketball courts at the park Skipp was talking about.

24. Nawara-Ven

Sep 19, 2004
    yeah, its a nice park - isn't there a closed in playground too? Nice and central for everyone also....

so does this mean a decision has been made or we waiting for a final verdict?

25. TK1571

TK1571 Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 10, 2003
    Sorry guys i wont be here for that either....Going to see LOTR exhibit over in Sydney that weekend....

Anyone care to join me???? :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.