main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Possible reason to have a new hope that the Saga will be released in 3-D

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by Darth Nerdling, Aug 26, 2013.

1. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Seeing TPM in 3D was amazing. I really hope they re-release the others in 3D! There is a new article up on the homepage stating that at the new convention there will be 3D screenings of the prequels.

-Jedi Joe- likes this.
  2. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    I wanted to see AOTC in 3D on the big screen for the Coruscant chase. I was so pissed when they cancelled it.

The best part of seein TPM in 3d? The movie anded and the audience applauded.

-Jedi Joe- likes this.
  3. Allana_Rey

Sep 2, 2012
    I'm one of those fans who LOVES AOTC, so I would love seeing it on the big screen in 3D.

-Jedi Joe- and Bail B. Baobab like this.
  4. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    I think Lucasfilms would have announced a 3-D release for episode 7 by now if the film was to be in 3-D I believe it was already announced that it will be in I-MAX but it was not announced that it will be in 3-D

-Jedi Joe- likes this.
  5. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    Not a fan of 3D. Not only is the printer darker, it's much harder to see and many 3D fx do not utilize the format well and it jacks ticket prices up too.

So, I'll skip any 3 dud showings in the theater.

6. Allana_Rey

Sep 2, 2012
    I'm not a fan of 3D either, I'd only go to see the films on the big screen. If VII is not in 3D I'll be surprised.

7. Lulu Mars

Lulu Mars Chosen One star 5

Mar 10, 2005
  8. Allana_Rey

Sep 2, 2012
    But that's only for celebration, not in theaters :(

9. Lulu Mars

Mar 10, 2005
    I know, but this means that, contrary to what was stated earlier in the thread, they did convert ROTS. The only question is: Has the conversion been complete all this time or have they continued work on it despite LFL's claim that they'd put it on hold?

10. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I'm guessing AOTC and ROTS were finished by the time of the Disney sale but they've been sitting on them because releasing them in theatres means working things out with Fox, therefore they can only really show them at Lucasfilm events.

-Jedi Joe- and Lulu_Mars like this.
  11. Lulu Mars

Mar 10, 2005
    Ah, that's right! Never thought of that.

12. StoryWorthTelling

StoryWorthTelling Jedi Master star 2

Jan 8, 2015
    So we might see the whole saga around 2020? I remember originally there being speculation that we would see them after the Sequel Trilogy, and the licensing issues track with that.

-Jedi Joe- likes this.
  13. -Jedi Joe-

-Jedi Joe- Jedi Master star 2

May 6, 2013

That makes much more sense than the "ILM wanted to focus on the ST!" excuse they threw around at the time.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.