main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Roch, NY possible to meet up with the group to see if I like it and it likes me?

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by palpiscloneofdarth, May 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. palpiscloneofdarth

palpiscloneofdarth Jedi Youngling

May 4, 2003
    Hi I have been a Star Wars fan for as long as I can remember and the prequels sparked new life into this. I am 22 and I have a firend also 22 that are interested. I see there is a Star Wars group in Rochester which was meeting at village gate or spot (both places I have been too). I live right next to them. Would it be possible to meet up with the group to see if I like it and it likes me? Post to this thread or/and PM me.

2. lgtsbr

lgtsbr Jedi Master star 4

Nov 4, 2002
    You and your friend are more than welcome to join us. We just had a meeting today (sorry you missed it) - so your next opportunity would be at our next meeting, Sunday May 18th at Spot Coffee at 1:30 pm

Look forward to seeing you there

Dave

3. palpiscloneofdarth

May 4, 2003

Do you need an Emperor? I think I can pull that off, with a little help.

Andrew

4. NightFire103

NightFire103 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 19, 2003
    In the prossess of starting research for an emperor costume. But, go for it, Im willing to be a clone =P

5. palpiscloneofdarth

May 4, 2003
    Now I am considering doing the Jango Fett thing, becouse My boy Mike really wants to be Emperor Palpy. When I told him I wanted to be the Emperor he was kind of pissed (lol). The Jango stuff looks hard to do. Got any thoughts on Jangos stuff? Katie (who does amazing realistic and professional costumes *like her Zam one) said she would give me a hand.
    I think I will just pay $ for a pre made Jango helmet and then add on to it, little by little. I suck at building stuff and art work. But I am creative and have a strong will, (good looking too LOL). I don?t want to spend hundreds of $ on a pre made costume, it?s costly and uncreative. But some things many be to hard and take to long to make (like the helmet and jet pack). The helmet is what makes a Fett a Fett. So once I got that I hope things will fall together.
    I thought of a cool idea also. Because Jango/Boba were the best bounty hunters in the Star Wars universe. I could be another bounty hunter impersonating Jango (cool huh). For example a run away imperial clone of Jango Fett. I think I could get away with just the helmet, boots and toy blaster guns for a little bit.
    There always room for more palps/sids/emperors being that I think that there are a few clones anyway.
    You should make a post (in the Rochester forum) calling out Mike Blake to work with you on The Emperor/Sid thing.
    Best of luck: I still may go and do the Emperor I am not sure yet? but I like Jango Fett better.We really dont need 3 Emperor runing around. Katie told me there are no Fetts around here so this is now my 1st pick.
    Andrew

6. Jedi-Nitess

Jedi-Nitess Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 26, 2002
    Mookie is the costuming guru around here. It's his fault I'm becoming like this. heh. :)

There is the option of doing a Clone Emperor costume as well. Some good pics are in the comics and they did do a figure a while back. I've seen one very successful clone done. And I know it's an EU character, but it's a thought.

7. palpiscloneofdarth

May 4, 2003
    I am going for Jango!!!!!

8. lgtsbr

lgtsbr Jedi Master star 4

Nov 4, 2002
    Thats a tall order - but a sweet costume if done right.........

Might want to start collecting pics and watching ebay to try to pick up some parts

Let me know if I can help.....

9. Jedi-Nitess

Jun 26, 2002
    I did stumble upon some Jango parts on ebay but sometimes they're not all that accurate. Just depends on if you're going for recognizable or more accurate.

10. theEmps

theEmps Jedi Youngling

May 6, 2003
    Hi. Is there anyone who knows what to buy for a palpatine costume? He my fav. but there cant be two emperors. No way. What about the senator from Naboo? Palpatine is a pretty obscure character. I cant believe someone has a tie fighter helmet. I'm too tall to be Vader. Theemps is always sitting, and talking about the empire, and the dark side. Yoda is afraid of the emperor. But the rebels win. All cause of luke skywalker, and his pops. The guy on my icon. Anyone read the books about after rotj? No more emperor there. Just thrawn. I like the EU series a little. Andrew gave me a copy of Boba Fett and that was good reading.

11. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB

STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB Jedi Master star 4

May 27, 2001
    Go here for the Jango holster. http://mattmp.home.att.net I will eventually be getting my Solo holster from this guy. Looks sweet.

12. Jedi-Nitess

Jun 26, 2002
    Hey Emps - How tall are you? Vader is pretty darn tall...that's a rather in depth costume to start out with though. ;)

We can help you out with a costume if you want, and it would probably be cheaper to make your own robe (depending on what character you end up doing) than to buy one. Hopefully we'll be having another costuming workshop soon and we can work on people's individual projects.

~ Katie

13. palpiscloneofdarth

May 4, 2003

I looked up some stuff on ebay the past few days it looks good but, a bit steep right now. When I got home I tried on my old band costume which is a cape and a big hood. I originally modeled it after the emperor. Its not that realistically like the emperor in ROTJ, but if I am standing next to clone troopers and Jedi. I don?t think people will have a hard time figuring out who I am. If I do darth sid I just got to pull down the hood over my eyes and shave. I will go to the next meeting as darth sid and see what you all think. If I like dressing up with you all then I will start making a really good Jango costume. Sound good? Thanks for all the help pals.

Andrew

14. theEmps

theEmps Jedi Youngling

May 6, 2003
    I'm about 6'2. I cant imagine what that costume would feel like in the sun. No wonder Vader never went down to endor to get luke in rotj. It was too hot for all that gear. He would have passed out.

So I'm looking to be the staunch, happy senator palp from ep 1. Just need a hairdo, and some purple cloaks. I already know all his lines real well. Problem is, I'm a young guy and Palpatine is a little more uh, staunch than me and hes got different hair and eye color. I wonder if its even possible? Otherwise there are other younger characters, and masked characters.

Me and andrew we looking on ebay at stuff for the Jango costume. Quite a collection you need. But like Vader there is only one style costume, and thats it. Vaders costumes is the same throughout, you really cant miss if you get the authentic stuff.

I'm going to update my profile now. And go out and look for a job. hehehe

bye
    May the Force be with you!!

15. palpiscloneofdarth

May 4, 2003
  16. Jedi-Nitess

Jun 26, 2002
    The hair can be taken care of pretty easily and you could use latex and make-up to give an older appearance.

The neoprene is going to kill me in the sun but I doubt I'll care 'cause I have a lot of fun dressng up and running around. :)

But if you're serious about Jango, go to The Dented Helmet you probably won't find a better resource. And there's RPF as well.

I'm kinda bummed that I'll be missing the meeting, we've got birthdays to celebrate and new people...*wonders if her brother could change his graduation date* hehe...

17. Mara-Jade-Skywalker

Mara-Jade-Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 21, 2000
    Wouldn't the Jedi Mind Trick be appropriate to get a change in graduation date from the people who planned it? [face_mischief] :p :p

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
    Peace Out!

18. Jedi-Nitess

Jun 26, 2002
    Well...that's a nice thought *looks at her new gun* Hmm...I don't think I can do a jedi trick with this...

19. palpiscloneofdarth

May 4, 2003
    lol both of you, Thats some funny stuff.

20. Mara-Jade-Skywalker

Mara-Jade-Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 21, 2000
    heh. Who said I was trying to be funny? [face_devil][face_mischief] :p :p

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
    Peace Out!

21. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB

May 27, 2001
    You mean Ryan will have to run the show without Katie, and with new members coming? Oh no!!!! (Quotes 3PO) "I have a bad feeling about this" "Its a nightmare" ;)

22. Jedi-Nitess

Jun 26, 2002
    "Oh my."

;)

23. palpiscloneofdarth

May 4, 2003
    I know you are joking but, do not have a bad feeling, my friend(s) and I just want to help fans further enjoy the Star Was experience. We come to heighten that experience for all of us and not to promote mischief or problems. If I/we do cause any problems then we will leave and you will not hear from me/us again.

Truthfully

Andrew

24. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB

May 27, 2001
    Actually that was just a little joke towards our Prez. Ryan, saying that I had a bad feeling about Jedi-Nitess not coming with him that day. It will be chaos with out her at his side and new members will think we are a big joke and never come back. That was the whole gist of it. Just a joke. We all tease each other and cause plenty of mischief our selves actually. You have been warned. :)

25. palpiscloneofdarth

May 4, 2003
    LOL cool, cant wait.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.