main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Possible to save Clone Wars files in Hyperspace?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Sidane, Mar 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sidane

Sidane Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 7, 1999
    Hi,
    I'm thinking of signing up for Hyperspace, one reason being to see the new Clone Wars episodes. But I'd like to know if it is possible to save the episodes to disk or will I have to download it everytime I want to watch it?

Also, I remember trying to watch one of the small resolution episodes as a non-Hyperspace member and was told I couldn't because I wasn't a resident of the USA. Will that apply if I join Hyperspace?

Thanks.

2. Sidane

Sidane Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 7, 1999
    Oops, I just found the answer to my first question in another topic. Sorry for cluttering the board with a redundant topic.

Although I'd still like to know about the non-USA resident question.

3. Everton

Everton Chosen One star 10

Jul 18, 2003
    Also, I remember trying to watch one of the small resolution episodes as a non-Hyperspace member and was told I couldn't because I wasn't a resident of the USA. Will that apply if I join Hyperspace?

If you join Hyperspace, then the bigger versions will be available to you - no matter where you live.

4. Mc-Lan

Mc-Lan Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 4, 2003
    If you want to save it right click on the border of the popup window and save page as and it should give you a file contaning the episode.

This post made possible by Mc-Lan :cool:

5. DARTHLARS

DARTHLARS Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    "Save As" from the browser will only save the page containing a link to the file.

The files can be downloaded, but you need to do a little detective work to get them.
    Right-click on the viewer window and select "View Source".
    Then search within the file for a filename that starts with "/hyperspace/" and ends in ".mov".
    Type "http://www.starwars.com" in your address bar and then append the filename that you have found in the source. Download the file.

This new file does not contain the actual movie either... but if you open it with a text editor then you will see another URL. Download this one. It should be the file with the movie (or you need to repeat this step)

Once you have got the direct URL to the movie, it is likely that the URL for the next chapter will be similiar. (replace "11" with "12" etc)

One thing that strikes me, is that the final URL can be accessed by everyone, not just members of Hyperspace. Lucasfilm/Cartoon Network made this error for the last season too. Bad of them (and good for us) that they have not corrected it.

6. Darth Hakuna

Darth Hakuna Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 14, 2000
    Well, its not working. The last link is to the small one in Cartoon Network.

I'm a hyperspace member but i cant' see the big version, it freezes the pop up window and the download never begins!

Can anyone post the HS link?

7. plutoneam

plutoneam Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 21, 2003
    It shouldn't be much longer before the episode appears on Limewire. :D

8. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    Check out my website for a description. I'm tired of typing it over and over again.

9. Darth Hakuna

Darth Hakuna Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 14, 2000
    I found no description on your website, ttt.

10. General_Rieekan

General_Rieekan Jedi Master star 4

Feb 5, 2004
    if you are using windows, just go into the Temporary Internet Files folder and drag the Clone Wars episode into your My Documents folder(or whatever folder you want to put it in). the file is still streaming, i think...

:D :D :D

11. SAND-CRAWLER

SAND-CRAWLER Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 12, 2003
    Thanks, DarthLars for the info on how to save the files. It worked for 11 & 12.

12. Soothsayer

Soothsayer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 20, 1999
    Do you have the ability to save the smaller files, like the ones streamed from Cartoonnetwork.com?

Quicktime kills my super old cpu and I would want to be able to save the smaller versions

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.