main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Possible Vergere picture in NJO Sourcebook?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Nom Anor, Feb 26, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IAmTheDarkSide

IAmTheDarkSide Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 9, 2002
    Here's how she's described in the books courtesy of that old thread:
    A female Fosh, she?s a diminutive, delicate-looking creature of ?motley countenance,? standing 2 feet (.61 meters) tall. Her trim torso is covered with short ruffled feathers of varied color, giving her a piebald, speckled appearance. She?s got two thin arms, each of which ends in graceful four-fingered hands. She has an elongated, slightly disproportionately large head, which attenuates at the rear to a finely feathered ridge. Her slightly concave face sports luminous, slanted eyes, and is bracketed by willowy ears and twin corkscrew antennae, which give her a vaguely mothlike aspect. Her mouth is ridiculously wide, simian, and slightly beakish, and is fringed with delicate whiskers. Her strong if spindly legs, reverse-articulated at the knee, end in splayed feet, which propel her in agile hops and leaps. Her posture and carriage are distinctly avian, and her lightsaber is emerald.

2. magneto

magneto Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 1, 2001
    THAT IS THE WORST PICTURE OF VERGERE EVER!!!!!now I'm even more confussed as to wat she looks like.

3. Kier_Nimmion

Kier_Nimmion Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 9, 2000

Let me restate that the art in the New Jedi Order Sourcebook sucks worse tham a Celine Dion cover version of 'Whole Lotta Love'.

I would not use that as the definitive picture of Vergere- it's truly awful.

4. ReaperFett

ReaperFett Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 9, 1999
    I still have confidence that the Wurth pic is awesome. ANyone want to prove me wrong? :)

5. PrinceXizor

PrinceXizor Former TF.N Foreign Book Cover Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 4, 2001
    Well... Hum... Indeed not exactly what I had in mind, if it's indeed Vergere... What are those thin things ? The arms or teh legs ?

I much prefer my interpretation though... :D
    [image=http://www.lestimbres.ch/nonrelated/vergere.jpg]

EDIT : No she isn't doing anything with her hands... I'm just telling that in case MT sees this again...

6. Wedge 88

Wedge 88 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 1999
    Not what I thought she would look like... but I like it! Looks... real, to say the least.

7. barnsthefatjedi

barnsthefatjedi Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 17, 2001
    She is one scary freak. Anyone from the UK remember 'Through the Dragon's Eye'? She looks just like that big bad bird thing. Scary.

8. Isbeth

Isbeth Jedi Master star 4

Aug 28, 2001
    I don't think that either picture looks like what I imagined Vergere to look like, although Xizor's drawing looks kinda cool it looks more devil or Pan-like than bird.

Kier, gotta hand it to you, that is an incredible comparison and so accurately put as well. LOL! [face_laugh] Such a way with words you have!

Val, many thanks for getting a scan that worked for us with not a lot of effort! :)

The diffinative Vergere drawing must be out there somewhere.

9. Valiento

Valiento Jedi Knight star 7

Mar 19, 2000
    All, I did was save the other person's scan into a lycos photocenter account, since it tends to work unlike tripod.

10. Vergere

Vergere Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 19, 2000
    i still can't see it! i copy/pasted the link and all i get is the tripod logo. :(

11. Resolute

Resolute Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 11, 2002
    That is simply not Vergere. It's probably one of Elan's other pets.

12. Kier_Nimmion

Aug 9, 2000

Kier, gotta hand it to you, that is an incredible comparison and so accurately put as well. LOL! Such a way with words you have!

Call it taste in art or the ability to spot third-rate crapola when I see it, but having seen the art in the book, it makes me long for the days of Carmine Infantino.

13. Isbeth

Aug 28, 2001
    Please explain for dummies like me who Carmine Infantino is?

NEW GOAL: Some day Val I hope to be able to speak to you without a computer dictionary besides me. LOL.

14. DVader316

DVader316 Jedi Knight star 7

Feb 18, 2000
    She looks absolutely heinous in that pic. PrinceXizor did a much better job with his sketch, maybe they should hire him to do the artwork next time.

15. Wedge 88

Wedge 88 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 1999
    "i still can't see it! i copy/pasted the link and all i get is the tripod logo."

Vergere, Valiento posted it on another website. Click on the picture he linked to. Thats it.

16. PrinceXizor

PrinceXizor Former TF.N Foreign Book Cover Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 4, 2001
    "Maybe they should hire him to do the artwork next time."

I wouldn't be against it... :p

But I'm sure others would... ;)

17. AdmiralZaarin

AdmiralZaarin Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 8, 2001
    PX, you've done a far better job than the NJOSB guys did. You should be proud, the fans have beaten WOTC :p

18. Vergere

Jul 19, 2000
    thanks wedge. i didn't realize, but i was at school when i posted that and my school blocks all free pages and pictures!

my reaction: AH! hmm...not what i pictured her like, but then again i never had a defined image. still, i don't think i would've picked this name if i had seen that pic before. ;) :p

19. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Hmm..i think the NJOSB pic is prettyu neat- but I had no idea she was that small! When reading the books i saw her as a humanoid bird creature..big bird/kids in the hall chicken lady if you will[face_batting]

20. Kier_Nimmion

Aug 9, 2000

Infantino was an artist for DC and Marvel- he's done Superman, Spider-Man, and the FF, Star Lord, etc. and draws his characters fairly squat with angular jaws and cone shaped...um, never mind the last bit. IIRC, issues 9 through 37-38 of Star Wars were all done by him and IMHO, just awful as well. He couldn't draw the Falcon or a Star Destroyer with any regularity.

21. Isbeth

Aug 28, 2001
    Thank you for clarification. Much appreciated.

22. -Vergere-

-Vergere- Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2001
    still, i don't think i would've picked this name if i had seen that pic before.

[face_laugh] LoL, you wanna give it to me then, Vergere? ;)

23. Vergere

Jul 19, 2000
    never! ::looks at picture again:: i take it back, she's beautiful! ;) :p :D

24. Alderaan_

Alderaan_ Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 14, 2001
    Thanks for the scan, Valiento; none of the links worked!

Anyway, at first I thought you guys meant she was incredibly ugly. Boy was I wrong. That purple chicken-legged raven skull in the picture was my laugh of the day. It's even worse than Big Bird.

Can you imagine that thing chasing a bunch of terrorists in COD? Or playing chess with a big bad YV warmaster? [face_laugh] I can see why Jaina was so afraid of her smile in SbS.

25. IAmTheDarkSide

IAmTheDarkSide Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 9, 2002
    It's not just that it looks awful; it's also that it looks NOTHING like it's described in the books...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.