main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Possible working title for Indy 4? (possibly spoilers?)

Discussion in 'Lucasfilm Ltd. In-Depth Discussion' started by Darth_Hydra, Jun 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. antmanx68

antmanx68 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 10, 2000
    I hope its called Indiana Jones and the Vampire's Curse or something like that... Indy needs to face some undead for sure. honestly, think of how cool that would be.

[image=http://www.arielarchives.com/brett/FYF5.jpg]

2. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    I'd like to see Indy battle a globe-spanning conspiracy, millenia in the making.

3. Dark_Jedi_Kenobi

Dark_Jedi_Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 3, 2004
    I'm guessing that's not the real title because that sounds really weak.

4. dudalb

dudalb Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 14, 2001
    "I'd like to see Indy battle a globe-spanning conspiracy, millenia in the making."
    Like my idea of "Indiana Jones and The Lost City of Rl'Yeh"?
    I think that the Cthulu mythos covers " a globe-spanning conspiracy, millenia in the making" quite nicely.

"I'm guessing that's not the real title because that sounds really weak."

If you are talking about the title that started this thread, if you had bothered to read the whole thread you would have found out that Harrison Ford was quick to admit that he was just having some fun when he said that.

5. KingoftheAT-ATs

KingoftheAT-ATs Jedi Master star 4

Jun 21, 2005
    *~A presence whisps by...~*
    He should go to Coruscant...
    *~A presence whisps away...~*

6. Jedi_Ford_Prefect

Jedi_Ford_Prefect Jedi Master star 4

Jun 9, 2003
    Global spanning conspiracy?

How about Indy takes on the Illuminati?

Considering Ford's age, puting him into the setting of the 50's-60's could be ideal. Consider a possible new trilogy based around Indy taking on the occult secret societies of the world:

"Indiana Jones and the Bohemian Grove," in which the Joneses are recruited by a shadowy government group to procure some sacred item, only to discover their intentions are questionable, forcing them to infiltrate the Redwood based cabal of conservative powers-that-be, the Bohemian Grove.

"Indiana Jones and the Magic Bullet," in which Jones goes toe-to-toe with the Grove to trace and stop a plot to kill President Kennedy-- I guess you can guess how this one ends.

And finally, "Indiana Jones and the Order of Death," in which Indy traces the Grove, Skull and Bones, the Freemasons and other Illuminati societies to the ancient Germanic cult, the Order of Death, which helped form the Nazi empire, thus bringing the primary villains of the series back for a final showdown.

Granted, this is unlikely, but it'd be fun. Imagine seeing Indy going one-on-one with Nixon!

7. howardgarbo

howardgarbo Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 29, 2005
    I like that idea. It not only brings back the Nazis in a way but also the Thuggees from Temple of Doom. It's like a combination of the two main villains of the series. That could be very cool indeed. For our main villain we could have a guy who's smart and sleazy like Belloq and also a primitive, bloodthristy savage a la' Mola Ram. Hey, as long as the baddies are better than the ones we got in Last Crusade, I'm fine with this idea.

As for your other ideas, I'm not sure directly involving Indy with historical events is a good idea. While the Indy trilogy had some historical subtext to them they also had a strong fantasy quotient to them and basing it in reality kinda takes away the fun. It's part of the reason I didn't care for the Young Indy stuff that much.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.